Author Topic: A Modest Proposal to Fix Gameplay  (Read 8069 times)

Offline USAFCAPcTSgt

• Copper Member
Re: A Modest Proposal to Fix Gameplay
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »
We have quite the "committee" here. Any volunteers?  I do have my $10.00 ready to buy in.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 02:39:21 PM »
I have an idea... how about everyone shaddup and play the game and not continuously moan, groan, chest-thump, and simply look for the negative.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
I have an idea... how about everyone shaddup and play the game and not continuously moan, groan, chest-thump, and simply look for the negative.

Zoinks!  A talking crab that is intelligent!  +1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
The AvA was sure a lot of fun on Monday, and it will be again this coming Monday.  Ya'll should try it again.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 02:45:34 PM »

Yes. HT has made it clear that he is aware of the flawed game mechanics and that currently there is nothing he can do about it as they are working on the new update. Just be patient. I'm sure the new update, when released, will have all the fixes we want.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »
Whoa. A kickstarter campaign for a game that already exists. I'll save my pennies for any potential upgrading I might need for AH3 (which will likely feature dynamic game adjustments for the sake of environmental appeasement, if practical, for universal improvement). That is, until the community decides a 2 year graphic improvement that makes water droplets glisten better is more important.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »
How is this thread still turning?  Committee?  Nothing in history has ever been run efficiently by committee, lmao.  Yes, by all means hand the operations of the asylum over to the inmates....holy bajeezus.

BTW, I don't want to own a gaming company.  I just want to play it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline USAFCAPcTSgt

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »
Whoa. A kickstarter campaign for a game that already exists. I'll save my pennies for any potential upgrading I might need for AH3 (which will likely feature dynamic game adjustments for the sake of environmental appeasement, if practical, for universal improvement). That is, until the community decides a 2 year graphic improvement that makes water droplets glisten better is more important.

From what I understand about Aces High 3, that will be an upgraded change in graphics, terrain and ground objects.  maybe some other stuff.

This thread is about the players to control the gameplay as they see fit.  A Kickstarter campaign might be a good idea.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »
You almost understood me. (But not quite.)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
How is this thread still turning?  Committee?  Nothing in history has ever been run efficiently by committee, lmao.  Yes, by all means hand the operations of the asylum over to the inmates....holy bajeezus.

BTW, I don't want to own a gaming company.  I just want to play it.
:old: I think we should form a committee as honorable as the FIFA committee... errr ummmmm oh boy let's just scratch that idea.

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »
What is a Fifa?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:35 PM »
Funny that, it's how I visualized it as well.  Skuzzy getting a page on a beeper to come in and manually adjust the HQ strength with every map change.  Ha ha. 

and knowing the player base, we'd wait until 4am central time to reset the map each time.  A new catch phrase would also be born, "Let's hurry up and win the war so we can Skuzzy the arena."
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
It's a different genre and format where 'kickstarter' takes on a whole new meaning.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »
Funny that, it's how I visualized it as well.  Skuzzy getting a page on a beeper to come in and manually adjust the HQ strength with every map change.  Ha ha. 

edit - I haven't heard anyone say the AvA should be gone, just that it's dead.  I've read many threads about possible solutions, and organized efforts to make it be populated - they obviously haven't worked, and for the 2nd time, I have no idea why, nor any suggestions on what could work.  I just think it would be a fantastic arena to play in every day if it had MA numbers is all.

I know the AvA is so awesome with 6>  or more players.
I love how close the bases are to each other.
I love the furballs with no icons, it is really intense.
You can really set up some nice moves with no icons.
It really is such a fun arena to play in.

There has got to be 3 or more people logged in at all times for the AvA to become popular. No one is going to go into a 0 person room.

As tough as it is for the mods of the arena, Id recommend at least 2-3 of you trying to be in the arena as much as you can during the whole day/night. That way people won't be entering an empty room and may give it a try.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline USAFCAPcTSgt

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 04:51:26 PM »
Alot of discussion on the AvA arena. Good but not the point.

A player owned server and controlled by the players would be what they would want for the Main Arena.  2, 3 or 4 sided arena. Arena settings they want.  etc..