Author Topic: Have you guys had enough Ki.61s?  (Read 4025 times)

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Have you guys had enough Ki.61s?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »
Here's Seiichi Suzuki's Ki.61 from the 244th Sentai, 3rd Chutai:

(Image removed from quote.)

I need reference images and profiles for this one, if anyone can find something, please post here or PM me. Thanks!

Only photo I have found referencing Suzuki's Ki-61 so far looks nothing like the skin. Clearly another Ki-61 he flew.

http://www.modelaces.com/148_scale_model/ki_61_tony.php

I don't have this book but the portion highlighted verifies the markings & the style of them in the drawing.

https://books.google.com/books?id=t0rqP3NhH6EC&pg=PA62&lpg=PA62&dq=Seiichi+Suzuki+Ki.61&source=bl&ots=gwCVeJvtt3&sig=ugKwlbUPvyLDzS35oHRjpIR6A8Q&hl=en&sa=X&ei=66E6Ve_PBM_IsQSr0ICwDA&ved=0CEcQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=Seiichi%20Suzuki%20Ki.61&f=false

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 04:25:19 PM »
Thanks Lyric, I was able to find a decal sheet that was a very good representation of the skin, so used that as my reference documentation.  Hope that is enough.  Color images of Ki.61s are pretty rare.

Now, how about this one?  Think this will have to be my last.   I had to create a fictional aircraft ("00") because of the mirroring of the fuselage's R and L sides.  Only 00, 11, and 88 read same forward and backward.  Its based on 55th Sentai "03".   I know I've seen images of the "03"  ("06" is similar, but fully natural metal).

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »
Thanks Lyric, I was able to find a decal sheet that was a very good representation of the skin, so used that as my reference documentation.  Hope that is enough.  Color images of Ki.61s are pretty rare.

Now, how about this one?  Think this will have to be my last.   I had to create a fictional aircraft ("00") because of the mirroring of the fuselage's R and L sides.  Only 00, 11, and 88 read same forward and backward.  Its based on 55th Sentai "03".   I know I've seen images of the "03"  ("06" is similar, but fully natural metal).

very nice :aok

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »
I did a couple more of 200th_Taro's Ki.61 skins, both from the 2nd Chutai of 244th Sentai, and I think they adapted to AH pretty nicely.  There is some great variation in color scheme compared to the other 2nd Chutai skin - both of these are bare metal:

First is one of the aircraft flown by the Sentai's commander - Capt Teruhiko Kobayashi, Red 24:

The second is Yellow 29, supposedly flown by 2nd Lt Sasaki.  I can't find any profiles on this one, but I think its fairly representative of the unit's more generic bare metal skins in late '45 or very early '45 - before they applied that green mottled camouflage:

I hope all these skins can make it in the next release.  I understand there is supposed to be one in early May (the 1st?), but none of the skins I've submitted over the past few weeks is listed with a review start date.   I've never used this webpage submit for skins before - I stopped skinning before this was implemented.  It seemed to work OK, though.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:04:25 PM by oboe »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »
Gotta admit the Tonys have some of the coolest schemes. Great job, Oboe.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 09:23:12 AM »
Cool!! :salute
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 09:37:51 AM »
All of these skins were rejected.  I am sorry.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »
All of these skins were rejected.  I am sorry.

that sux...

hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 03:26:34 PM »
Not gonna fix them.   Look closely at the engine exhaust manifold in the screenshots above and tell me what's wrong with it.   

Read through my thread on pixelation, and look at differences between the current skin and the submitted skin's engine manifold, or internal flap textures.  If those are rejectable differences, I have to admit, that I don't have the ability to see them.   

I can't skin any more - I can't allow myself to put that much time and effort into skins and then have them all rejected on a difference in a detail I can't even see.  I look at those screenshots and all I see are gorgeous, beautiful skins (not my original work, so its not conceit for me to say that).   I see skins that are SO much more detailed and weathered than any of the in-game Ki.61s.    I definitely cannot see skins that aren't high enough quality for the game.   

I just don't think I can trust my judgment anymore.

<S> brother

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
Not gonna fix them.   Look closely at the engine exhaust manifold in the screenshots above and tell me what's wrong with it.   

Read through my thread on pixelation, and look at differences between the current skin and the submitted skin's engine manifold, or internal flap textures.  If those are rejectable differences, I have to admit, that I don't have the ability to see them.   

I can't skin any more - I can't allow myself to put that much time and effort into skins and then have them all rejected on a difference in a detail I can't even see.  I look at those screenshots and all I see are gorgeous, beautiful skins (not my original work, so its not conceit for me to say that).   I see skins that are SO much more detailed and weathered than any of the in-game Ki.61s.    I definitely cannot see skins that aren't high enough quality for the game.   

I just don't think I can trust my judgment anymore.

<S> brother

I did read through it...I am as puzzled as you.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 04:38:16 PM »
Oboe I really love that you and the other skinners have taken the time to produce all these beautiful skins but I wonder if a lot of this is time wasted given the new version, while not imminent, is in development. What if they don't transfer and all need to be redone anyway? Didn't that happen with the last graphics bump the game had?

I appreciate the effort <S>.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
Oboe I really love that you and the other skinners have taken the time to produce all these beautiful skins but I wonder if a lot of this is time wasted given the new version, while not imminent, is in development. What if they don't transfer and all need to be redone anyway? Didn't that happen with the last graphics bump the game had?

I appreciate the effort <S>.

Thank you, Drano.  I enjoyed it.  Felt like I was doing something for the community.

It seems reasonable to assume that all the planes and vehicles will transfer to the new graphics engine OK.   

What will make the Ki.61 skins obsolete is whenever HTC rolls out the new Ki.61 model.  There are a dozen or so planes left to update, and the Ki.61 is one.  So at some point, hopefully in the not-too-distant future, the new Ki.61 model will be developed and released, and all Ki.61 skins will be obsolete.  Until then we could've had these 10 beauties to fly in.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 05:01:22 PM »

Until then we could've had these 10 beauties to fly in.

Well somebody would! I'd rather shoot at em. Sayin! hehe

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »
Awesome skins...<S> oboe.

I really want to see your Ki-61 skins in Aces High 3!

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 01:43:16 AM »
I WANT BARE TONYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are beautimus!!!!!  :rock
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015