Author Topic: This WAS AWESOME!  (Read 1254 times)

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
This WAS AWESOME!
« on: May 31, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »
It was LONG

It was Difficult

It was INTENSE

It was Painfull

It was gratifying

In the end.. IT was AWESOME

It was a my honor to command the AXIS during the first time an event like this was run. I had some great help and I knew I was going up against a great Allied command team. I had worked with them in the previous scenario and KNEW they (especially Dantoo) would plan and think of every way possable to attack and how we would defend.

I was faced with some last minute challenges... Brooke had to deal with a friend passing on (sorry for your loss sir) So I lost my CO for my scout squadron, and My XO for the event.
Friday night I was in the hospital urinating blood............ I passed a kidney stone  :x  But even though I was sore I made it Saturday morning.

I have to apologize to SIM, we never did get that ATC running right. I am sorry man. It really would of helped in the later frames but I had too much going on early to figure it out on the fly. I missed the Friday night meeting we had planned. The hospital had wifi I guess  :old:

I had to take over the scout team and direct them as I know that finding the bombers was a priority. I took off as a scout with the rest of the team OddCAF Nutzoid and Mitchell and 1iJack. We went out searching for Bombers they talking to me and me on Teamspeak. Needless to say I had a lot going on.

I found Mossies and ghosted them to lead the Finns to them. The Finns dispatched them   :salute  but I took a hit and had to bail.

Next round as we were looking for Bombers..... I found them over 92  very impressive  Buff drivers   :salute  26 formations all dropping...

The Next phase was ANTWERP  I knew where they were going  but they had many ways to get there. I sent out the scouts and took off again myself. Found the bombers and held the heavy fighters back behind Antwerp and sent them in as the bombers were found. I did not fall for the mass of Spitfires south, well not completely. I did commit JG11 and the Finns to them to tie them up.

Well we still had time in the second phase and we are all in the tower talking and then someone NOT GOING TO MENTION NAMES HERE.. said "Would it not be funny to attack England right now?" Then a Chorus of LETS DO IT

So we went out of the scope of winning the event to having FUN and launched and flew NORTH But we found a LOT and I mean A LOT of Spitfires and a massive furball began. I and the finns skirted around it and made it to England. I got in a fight with the Allied CO But lost   :salute   Killed the wrong SPIT

So the Allied CO  Killed the AXIS CO  over ENGLAND?  YUP  :rofl

Then back to the plan.. The fins had found a lot of P-47s East of England and we shifted the planes to Antwerp to find them.. Sneaky NOE attack and popped up North coming in... The launch window was 10 min away and we could see them coming. Damn they are going to get a free pass on Antwerp. Stragglers showed up and harassed them the WE ALL LAUNCHED and chased them all the way home. i got reports that ALL Bombers KILLED.. :rock

Me..  I got shot down again

Next Phase   PARIS

I knew where you going  and I knew you had not taken out 117 yet Me and my scouts were looking.... No DAR BAR anywhere  No activity  I had all my fighters over PARIS waiting OH THE COMPLAINING !!! So I sent in Finns They found Spitfires

Then I saw the gap and flew there  POOF there you were!

I called in 1/4 of the calvery to harass you but the big battle took place just north of PARIS where the Bombers were once again shot up.   :salute

Then there was a long period of NOTHING!  So we went looking for trouble. This is when I got in a 1 VS 1 fight with a SPIT that made this entire event worth everything!.

The spit bounced me from high and we broke into eachother 5 times

We turned and turned

then I got inside   :joystick:

Then................

Bye Bye CorkJr......   :salute   

I was not done

ended that sortie with a safe landing   :D

Then the last run to PARIS  I was tired my guys were exhausted and I think we wanted it to be over.. With an hour to go and I knew where they had to go. I just sent all the fighters NORTH Big mistake as all but a few were shot down. and that left the bombers with a free pass on Paris. I told ROC on command channel it is going to SUCK if they win this thin in the last 10 minutes of a full 12 hours........ Except for ZONEY calling out the bombers and telling me he is going to attack there was no one left... then to hear him scream for help being chased by p-38s into 125  EPIC

I got a lot of complaints about the event but I had a blast. I know a 50 50 balance would of been better for fights. but having to be smart and know when to fight and when not to is important. being able to launch every hour made it a very FUN event   :salute  Nefarious and I am glad I could be a part of it

Thank you to all who flew AXIS with me

My group leaders who stepped up to help with the mundane tasks that need to get done. Thanks to Devil505 who got the NEW GUY!   :rofl   "how do you start the plane again"

To fudgums who stepped up when it looked like I was not going to make it in.

To 49 guys for flying planes that got killed every time

To Camo and the Finns for KILLING SO MANY SPITFIRES!

To all Axis guys for putting up with me...

and to ROC for the help.

Until Next time     

:salute

Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: This WAS AWESOME!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
Well flown Ditto and the Axis crew.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 02:17:52 PM »
It was a heckuva day.

And it was one heckuva fight we had Ditto.  No idea how you bent that 109 the way you did.  And of course then comes that second where you realize, oh no he's got a shot...hope he misses.....but you didn't :)

Great fun and why most of us play the game :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:23:57 PM »
Nice pics and good choice of G6 skin.  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »

Then the last run to PARIS  I was tired my guys were exhausted and I think we wanted it to be over.. With an hour to go and I knew where they had to go. I just sent all the fighters NORTH Big mistake as all but a few were shot down. and that left the bombers with a free pass on Paris. I told ROC on command channel it is going to SUCK if they win this thin in the last 10 minutes of a full 12 hours........ Except for ZONEY calling out the bombers and telling me he is going to attack there was no one left... then to hear him scream for help being chased by p-38s into 125  EPIC

What's funny is that last run to Paris wasn't supposed to happen. On the second to last bomber mission we were going to hit A117 and then continue on to Paris, but the Axis shot the bomber formation so badly that I ordered us to turn around and drop the rest of ord our on A117 and return home.

When I did test runs before the event I knew that our bombers could make a run to Paris in under an hour and since I knew we had all the time in the world to land I decided to go for it. Granted I hate doing last minute strat runs in an event because I consider them somewhat cheesy but your guys pissed me off so much that I went for it anyway.  :D

Great job guys!  :salute
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 02:42:47 PM »
Nice....I'm missing all of this.....I'm so busy these days.....everytime something nice comes here in the axis vs allies i can never make it grrr!!!!!......I dont know when last i even made a KOTH... :salute
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 02:49:31 PM »
Was great fun, how did you like the 3 plane raid into Paris on the next to last run?? I know we grabbed a lot of you guy's attention on that one!!...Great flying by your boys! They did a hell of a job!!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 02:58:04 PM »
Those few pilots in the next to last raid on Paris definitely got our attention.  Seeing Beefcakes post above, saying we wiped so many bombers over 117 that he turned around was why we kept on at Paris.  You guys turned around!  We though, Oh hell no, what are they pulling, and went scrambling to see what we missed!!  Between scouring the gaps to see what you guys were sneaking through and trying desperately to get an accurate count of bombers actually killed, we were not sure we had covered every bomber that could have been up.  We thought you guys were being especially devious lol  that was a blast!
And Ya, I don't know who that guy was, KDitto, that thought attacking England would be fun, guy must have had a screw loose.... :bolt:
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 03:33:36 PM »
Excellent.  Well done ditto :aok

And many thanks for the sar and pics.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
I want to thank Dantoo for inviting me but I had much trouble downloading the map .. kept losing connection.  Gave up at 3am .. would have been fun though :)

<S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »
Those few pilots in the next to last raid on Paris definitely got our attention.  Seeing Beefcakes post above, saying we wiped so many bombers over 117 that he turned around was why we kept on at Paris.  You guys turned around!  We though, Oh hell no, what are they pulling, and went scrambling to see what we missed!!  Between scouring the gaps to see what you guys were sneaking through and trying desperately to get an accurate count of bombers actually killed, we were not sure we had covered every bomber that could have been up.  We thought you guys were being especially devious lol  that was a blast!
And Ya, I don't know who that guy was, KDitto, that thought attacking England would be fun, guy must have had a screw loose.... :bolt:

Yeah ZENSEN Bortas and I said heck with it, Beef Turned the rest of the formation so we decided to push on hoping either A. We could get i there before you got back to alt or B at least keep you so busy trying to get us at Paris the main group could limp home. We went in at 25,000 and it worked great we got there when you guys were still climbing got our eggs off and started home. Looked like you guys were struggling there for a bit to get to alt to attck but you finally got us. It lookewd like we had about 20 or so of you guys tied up there with that little stunt!.. :salute

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 05:49:08 PM »

Yeah ZENSEN Bortas and I said heck with it, Beef Turned the rest of the formation so we decided to push on hoping either A. We could get i there before you got back to alt or B at least keep you so busy trying to get us at Paris the main group could limp home. We went in at 25,000 and it worked great we got there when you guys were still climbing got our eggs off and started home. Looked like you guys were struggling there for a bit to get to alt to attck but you finally got us. It lookewd like we had about 20 or so of you guys tied up there with that little stunt!.. :salute

We raced to get up to alt as fast as we could. We knew it was going to be close. We were lining up our run when we heard the bombs start to drop.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 10:39:38 PM »
The Axis were extremely tough opponents throughout the campaign. My mossies took a beating from you guys in that fight, and our heavies were wiped out a couple of times. Really, the side imbalance didn't hurt you nearly as much as everyone thought it would, and honestly, I think you might have won this one.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 02:27:55 AM »
Thanks all,

I think it was just frustrating for some guys to run into 35K Spitfires all the time.... Not that P-51s or P-47s would of been any better   :rofl  Not to mention HIGH P-38s, they are just untouchable up there... I watched 4 P-38s just zoom in and out of our flight at will. The only way we got one is when it went HO with a FW and they both ended up smoking.

At the start of the planning I had wished for FW-190 A-6s with the 2X15MM guns in the cowl and had thought about asking for A-8s with the limited gun package. But, I think the Luftwaffe pilots did OK against the bombers.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 03:07:57 AM »
So did we.