Author Topic: Greatest fighter ever built besides the p39  (Read 10216 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Greatest fighter ever built besides the p39
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 08:09:19 PM »
The F-35 is doing that right now and it's not even in service yet. Look at the MiG-25, even if it's wasn't the fighter we thought it was it scared the snot out of our air force guys.

Until we got our hands one on that was flown to Japan in 1976.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 08:09:45 PM »
A weapon not used is not a waste.  Look at our nuclear weapons, never used and yet it provided an efficient deterrent against Soviet attack and vice versa (MAD).

Yes, even the existance of a weapon system can prevent a war. u simply think twice before attacking a strong enemy.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 08:15:48 PM »
A wide varity of sources. some of them reliable others maybe not so. As with everything on the net.

Name one of the reliable ones, if you please.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 08:29:39 PM »
Sites like aviation week has a lot of good stuff.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 08:36:39 PM »
Like cooks and ingredients, reporters are no better than their source... And often much, much worse. Can you link to an F-35 article in Aviation Week that you find reliable?

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 08:40:50 PM »
Look. U dont have any better sources than i have, u use the same google as i do so just cut it. U will not have any better sources to back up your claims than i have unless u are a F-35 test pilot, but then u would not be in this discussion.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 08:48:07 PM »
Except I just posted what I consider a good source in this very thread. With a reporter who actually visited a F-35 unit and spoke with the pilots.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 08:50:19 PM »
And perhaps you're not aware, but we have or had a USAF guy here on the bbs that works on F-35's...

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »
 :rofl Yes, they will of course tell the entire truth about any problem on national television.

U can start here:
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-f-35s-air-to-air-capability-controversy-05089/

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »
And perhaps you're not aware, but we have or had a USAF guy here on the bbs that works on F-35's...

And im pretty sure that he will not reveal anything that we cannot find on the internet.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:42:25 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »
So u are saying that all the talk about software issues, lack of power etc is just Bogus?

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2015, 09:17:31 PM »
Zimme, the plane is still in the testing phase. The whole point is to discover and fix problems. No plane in history didn't have teething problems.

I'll let Beau32 answer that too:

Here is what I see, from a Maintainer point of view (Crew Chief of AF-03)

Alot of what I read on here is crazy. Some of the things people come up with. The F-35 is following along with every other plane that has been developed. They all have been over priced and over budget. Its going to happen. Deal with it. We are constantly working to make these planes better and better. Right now we are down for a 3rd stage cracked blade out of AF-02. Who knows how it happened. Could be a bad blade or could be just one of those freak things that happen. Cracked blades in jet engines occur a little more than what people think (talking about all jet powered aircraft in general). Its a safty precaution to ground the fleet till this gets sorted out and the problem fixed. Better to get it taken care of then to possibly lose a jet and/or a life of a pilot. So just because you hear that the fleet is grounded, dont take it as a bad thing. 

Most people tend to hate on things they dont really understand cause they read a few negative things online or in a paper or magazine. Dont believe everything you read. Our program is making great strides, and out of the 50,000 or so test points we have over 20,000 accomplished. We still have a long way to go, but we are making it happen.

I cant really go into much detail, but have the things in here are not true that people say. Just call it a little insider info........

A F-35 test pilot's view on the silly performance comparisons being made between the F-35 and legacy jets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=96Kx6b7oKA8

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »
http://web.archive.org/web/20130123144537/http://timemilitary.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/f-35-jsf-dote-fy12-annual-report.pdf

I would say a DOD report is a resonably reliable source. And if u read the links i have posted u will see that there are pilots questioning the claims made by LM and their test pilots.

And yes - I know that new planes suffers from setbacks during develpoment, but atleast most of the manufacturers do the development before they start full scale production.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »
Since u apparently didnt read i quote myself:
It will be very hard and expensive to sort out all the problems and getting the F-35 combat ready and combat efficient. It is of course hard for any of us to know exatly what it is capable of but from what is heard the overall performance is so far a disapointment and it is a little worrying that it seems to have problems even on a basic level with aerodynamic and maneuverability. If so it will be almost impossible to fix it without a complete redesign if the plane. Software issues etc can be sorted out along the way but the basic airframe design must work.

I did not said more than if the claims are true about the aerodynamics etc is true its worrying, i even said that software problem can be sorted out.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:51:08 PM by Zimme83 »