Author Topic: HQ Downtimes set for 5 minutes  (Read 9209 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: HQ Downtimes set for 5 minutes
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »
[hen... you finally get the HQ back up, and guess what... there is a dar bar in that sector..  cant intercept them cause they are at 30k, and by the time you get there, their bombs are out. HQ down again !  so you go for a kill anyway... but they bail and you just wasted all your time climbing up there.  THIS was the recent reality.  1 single player having the power to ruin the game time for 75-100 other players. And then they get on 200 and brag about it.

please tell me how that benefits the game in any way ?
[/quote]

Defend it like any other important thing on the map.......takes a bit of work but it's possible. I point out the first thing we took out in the Gulf War was the Command and Control of Iraq..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:59:28 AM by Dundee »

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »
Was it really the Bish that griped to Hitech about HQ down times?  That would be the height of irony.

Yep the same ones who complained.........

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2015, 11:59:44 AM »
Was it really the Bish that griped to Hitech about HQ down times? 

Players of all sides. That chesspiece stuff is just juvenile nonsense. You can be sure that you will read on Bish country channel that it's been "the" Rooks or "the" Knights.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2015, 12:07:54 PM »
We're all pawns, dammit!

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2015, 12:21:30 PM »
I'd like to point out that if the connection to City hasn't been cut (which I don't believe), the HQ can still be down for up to 125 minutes. Though somehting  like 30-90 minutes should be more typical.  :old:

How about just creating some spawns into the HQ to make if quicker and faster to resupply HQ instead of having to fly a Goon  10 or more minutes to resupply. If we could resupply HQ faster it would take some of the advantage away from those that fly for a hour or more to get there. Another idea would to just make HQ harder so it would take multiple set of Buffs to take it down. Seems pretty simple solutions to me.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »

Yep the same ones who complained.........
:rofl :rofl ya I'm sure it was ONLY the bish thanks man I needed that laugh for the day  :rofl
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:53:59 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2015, 01:35:24 PM »
How about just creating some spawns into the HQ to make if quicker and faster to resupply HQ instead of having to fly a Goon  10 or more minutes to resupply. If we could resupply HQ faster it would take some of the advantage away from those that fly for a hour or more to get there. Another idea would to just make HQ harder so it would take multiple set of Buffs to take it down. Seems pretty simple solutions to me.

I'd vote for that.  It allows for someone to drop HQ if they want, and makes it less of a PIA to resup.  It also might foster some block-by-block GV fights if the opposing country took it down by GV, which would be really cool. 
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »
Defend it like any other important thing on the map.......takes a bit of work but it's possible.

No thank you.  Why?  Because it is incredibly boring and has almost zero chance of success.  The times where it was actually possible to find the attackers, and many times it is completely impossible to find them before they drop the HQ, I found that they were at 38,000 ft.  My plane hardly flies at that altitude.  And I'm going to wallow around with my two guns and go against their 24 guns?  No.  Just no.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »

Defend it like any other important thing on the map.......takes a bit of work but it's possible. I point out the first thing we took out in the Gulf War was the Command and Control of Iraq..

I play the game to have fun, not t "take a bit of work to defend". This isn't a job.

Take bases with out knocking down HQ, it just takes a bit of work   :devil

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »

I point out that at no point in the prosecution of WWII was any side capable of completely taking down the radar serving any nation's or side's theater of operations or front.
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2015, 04:17:58 PM »
If people killed HQ in order to be able to launch surprise strikes at enemy fields it would have been a different matter. But people dont kill HQ for strategic reasons, or even take advantage of it, Killing HQ is pretty much only about pissing people off.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
Dropping HQ will do little to slow the horde. By its nature, it relies on sheer numbers to compendate for deficiencies in Intel, timing, tactics, and skill. You just round up a bunch ofof guys like Jayro and his strike missions, and throw them at just about any old base.
I fly every Sat and Sunday morning with Jayro.......his "Horde" missions are usually 4 to 6 guys. 
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »
looks like the majority of the ones whining about the Fix are almost all in the same Squad, imagine that  :rolleyes:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline EagleOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2015, 08:30:17 PM »
You leeches SUCK all the fun outa the game for those who still have a life and cant do it all in a few hrs a month. 30 minutes was fair considering the resups

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2015, 09:08:55 PM »
I fly every Sat and Sunday morning with Jayro.......his "Horde" missions are usually 4 to 6 guys.

I often fly with Jayro during prime time. It's not at all uncommon to see 10+
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.