Author Topic: HQ Downtimes set for 5 minutes  (Read 9213 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: HQ Downtimes set for 5 minutes
« Reply #180 on: June 12, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »
So If we can get some guys to RAGEQUIT and be lazy instead of defending their strats and bases, that helps us build a buffer for the 4-7am bish base roll.

Yup.  Thanks for proving my point. :aok

Keep it up, you'll get your wish for there to be nobody defending.  Although the way you seem to play whether there's a bunch of them or none of them logged in, you'll barely notice a difference.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: June 12, 2015, 09:56:48 AM »
Well put Copprhead, I play a WAR GAME! I don't play in the DA, were most of you should be playing.  I see the usual crowd embedded in the bbs inciting change to our game again cause we cant furbal we have no radar Boohoo! The 88 guns ruining the game Boohoo! and my favorite You ho bag are you have no ACM hoeing all you know lol, and how many time have you heard it said on 200 Get out of that base gun up a plane blank blank?  My point is whiny pilots don't like it so change it. Enough when your strat city or factory is under attack up your aircraft go stop them. Someone said by the time the dar was flashing it was to late lol really, most of your strats are located deep in your territory you can easily spot the enemy 3 maybe more sectors away heading towards your strats more than plenty of time to get up to 30k (and by the way 30k alt is one of the B29 means to defend itself)  use a 163 or 152 or whatever. This is not a case of the game being broke just lazy players and if your so concern that it gives 1 player power over the arena then I suggest you do what has always work before up a plane and fight the war and if they sneak in noe or drive for hours on end then thats the enemy doing what the enemy does its part of the magic of the game simulated war. Let me reiterate WAR GAME MA! Guys there is arena called the DA made for fur balling, don't have to worry about 88's, city strats, and you can whine till your heart is content so use it and stop poaching on my playground I like it the way Hi Tech intended the game to work and yes improvements are always needed. Think I'm wrong look at your history and tell me this is the last whine for some change to benefit some. I cant wait to see the negative commits come showering in but I'm right the pilots don't go to the DA cause they want to furbal in the war arena (MA) were they stay tune on 200 talking smack and what not whining for change when there is already place for them with all the things they wish for they just don't use it. So yes you are whining for change constantly for yourselves despite the rest of us. The DA has running water, power, bars, (fully stock with whatever you want) and No. #1 toilets use it let Hi Tech take care of the game improvements

2 points and 2 points only

first..... this is not a "war" game it is a combat game...2 very different things.

second...stop HOing people and they wont call you a HObag...... ;)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2015, 10:07:08 AM »
This pretty much says it all.
He lost any argument he could have had...

So you guys climb to 23k over friendly fields and that isn't avoiding other interactions with players? It doesn't make sense.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
Oh and don't use the train as you fight line...if that were the case you would put yourself into scenarios that would stress your systems...like coming in at 15k so more planes would get up to your formation.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:53 AM »
Oh and don't use the train as you fight line...if that were the case you would put yourself into scenarios that would stress your systems...like coming in at 15k so more planes would get up to your formation.

They train to avoid a fight so ya the play as they train.  :rolleyes:

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »
I dont really buy the 49:ers argument that pretty much everything they do "keeps others busy". Driving 2 days in gv to kill HQ or spending an hour climbing over friendly territory is pretty much a definition of wasting time. U guys also seems to like hunting RTB buffs for sectors, often with disapointing result...

Doing Strat runs with big formation isnt a bad thing, and part of the game is that not all fighting is occuring low over a front line base. Keep doing it if u want (or whatever else u wish to do) But creating a new tread or hijacking one after every strat run just to tell people how good u are doesnt really get u a good reputation, most people will simply think u are arrogant. And so far your numbers dont back u up that good.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2015, 12:08:09 PM »
Well put Copprhead, I play a WAR GAME! I don't play in the DA, were most of you should be playing.  I see the usual crowd embedded in the bbs inciting change to our game again cause we cant furbal we have no radar Boohoo! The 88 guns ruining the game Boohoo! and my favorite You ho bag are you have no ACM hoeing all you know lol, and how many time have you heard it said on 200 Get out of that base gun up a plane blank blank?  My point is whiny pilots don't like it so change it. Enough when your strat city or factory is under attack up your aircraft go stop them. Someone said by the time the dar was flashing it was to late lol really, most of your strats are located deep in your territory you can easily spot the enemy 3 maybe more sectors away heading towards your strats more than plenty of time to get up to 30k (and by the way 30k alt is one of the B29 means to defend itself)  use a 163 or 152 or whatever. This is not a case of the game being broke just lazy players and if your so concern that it gives 1 player power over the arena then I suggest you do what has always work before up a plane and fight the war and if they sneak in noe or drive for hours on end then thats the enemy doing what the enemy does its part of the magic of the game simulated war. Let me reiterate WAR GAME MA! Guys there is arena called the DA made for fur balling, don't have to worry about 88's, city strats, and you can whine till your heart is content so use it and stop poaching on my playground I like it the way Hi Tech intended the game to work and yes improvements are always needed. Think I'm wrong look at your history and tell me this is the last whine for some change to benefit some. I cant wait to see the negative commits come showering in but I'm right the pilots don't go to the DA cause they want to furbal in the war arena (MA) were they stay tune on 200 talking smack and what not whining for change when there is already place for them with all the things they wish for they just don't use it. So yes you are whining for change constantly for yourselves despite the rest of us. The DA has running water, power, bars, (fully stock with whatever you want) and No. #1 toilets use it let Hi Tech take care of the game improvements

Yes, but a war game isn't fun without other people playing in the war. You could turn the offline into a "war game" and bomb and attack any base you want over and over again without any one to defend. That isnt very fun is it? When there isn't an opposition in a GAME? 

The problem is that, as more people stop subscribing, out of bordem, because they cannot find any action on the map, this causes the war mentality to seize as there aren't enough players to satisfy the war or combat efforts for all styles of play. A war with no players playing, isnt very fun. Just go to the offline then.

My second arguement is that one person who kills the HQ literally does nothing to support the strategic "war effort" it takes team coordination to take bases. So one person goes to kill the HQ, but cannot gather a group together to take bases and utilize the down HQ. This causes less combat on the whole map which causes players to log. What is the strategy if one person can make 1/3 of the players log, while your TEAM doesn't do anything to advance the war efforts on that front?

HQ should be a team achievement when your team is about to win the war, you and your team go kill the HQ so that it is easier to capture the last few bases to win the war. Right now anyone can kill it from across the map and literally do nothing "strategic" to take bases or to win the war, so what is the point??

Please tell me when the last time killing the HQ actually was effective in winning the war? It isn't, because winning the war takes a team effort. Killing the HQ doesn't correlate with winning the war or taking bases, but it does correlate with people logging and unsubscribing.... So you tell me which game you'd rather play!

A ruler cannot rule if he has no one or nothing to rule...

I'm sure you will discard my arguements and not even read this. But I know what I'm taking about and I've been in this game for a while.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:13:53 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
Agree, havent seen anyone dropping HQ as a part of any strategy. Most of the time its done when a side capture a base close to HQ (or its possible to do a noe run)
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:51:58 PM by hitech »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »
Yes, but a war game isn't fun without other people playing in the war. You could turn the offline into a "war game" and bomb and attack any base you want over and over again without any one to defend. That isnt very fun is it? When there isn't an opposition in a GAME? 

The problem is that, as more people stop subscribing, out of bordem, because they cannot find any action on the map, this causes the war mentality to seize as there aren't enough players to satisfy the war or combat efforts for all styles of play. A war with no players playing, isnt very fun. Just go to the offline then.

My second arguement is that one person who kills the HQ literally does nothing to support the strategic "war effort" it takes team coordination to take bases. So one person goes to kill the HQ, but cannot gather a group together to take bases and utilize the down HQ. This causes less combat on the whole map which causes players to log. What is the strategy if one person can make 1/3 of the players log, while your TEAM doesn't do anything to advance the war efforts on that front?

HQ should be a team achievement when your team is about to win the war, you and your team go kill the HQ so that it is easier to capture the last few bases to win the war. Right now anyone can kill it from across the map and literally do nothing "strategic" to take bases or to win the war, so what is the point??

Please tell me when the last time killing the HQ actually was effective in winning the war? It isn't, because winning the war takes a team effort. Killing the HQ doesn't correlate with winning the war or taking bases, but it does correlate with people logging and unsubscribing.... So you tell me which game you'd rather play!

A ruler cannot rule if he has no one or nothing to rule...

I'm sure you will discard my arguements and not even read this. But I know what I'm taking about and I've been in this game for a while.

I agree with you and Zimme83. 
Strat raiders have always been around.......up until lately it was a sometime occurence, usually out of desperation.  Now it's the norm.  Not to encounter combat themselves, or you'd see Mathmanlike announcements daring you to come stop them.  I'd see what they do as an actual accomplishment if they actually had to fight their way to the targets.  Saw one example the other night right before I logged off......numerous cons came right down the middle of the map, through several radar circles, and hit the city and HQ.  Missions and actions such as those I've never had a problem with, because a) they were visible to anyone who cared to glance at the map, and b) most were between 15-20K alt, realistic and playable alts in the MA (won't even go into the historical issues of the higher the alt, the worse the accuracy.  Bombing from lower alts improved accuracy significantly). 
Run some of the old style raids, something like Mathman used to, come over at an alt that practically guarantees interception and fight (like 999000 does) and then come brag on the BBS.  Whether anyone will admit or not, all sides bomb the others' strats and HQ....and in almost each instance, you see people log off. 
I'd rather see the HQ and strat raids not even matter to overall game until a certain percentage of bases had been taken.  Make it a waste of time to hit the strats until you were close to knocking a country out and winning the war..........e.g. taking down the HQ and city would be the final piece needed to win the war, not the opening blows.

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
I dont really buy the 49:ers argument that pretty much everything they do "keeps others busy". Driving 2 days in gv to kill HQ or spending an hour climbing over friendly territory is pretty much a definition of wasting time. U guys also seems to like hunting RTB buffs for sectors, often with disapointing result...

Doing Strat runs with big formation isnt a bad thing, and part of the game is that not all fighting is occuring low over a front line base. Keep doing it if u want (or whatever else u wish to do) But creating a new tread or hijacking one after every strat run just to tell people how good u are doesnt really get u a good reputation, most people will simply think u are arrogant. And so far your numbers dont back u up that good.

Arrogant? No.
Our numbers? 30 plus, We have two squads in the 49ThFg.
If we want to drive to strats or do whatever we want to do we will because we can. Drive to the strats in a LVT or PT boat? Let's do it. Spend five hours or even days doing it? No problem. We do keep others busy, Even one player commented that he FEARS every time strats fash thinking that it's us.
We do keep people busy by constantly running missions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaXzeutwGo
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:32:33 PM by 49Dallas »

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2015, 01:45:27 PM »
Still not impressed.

Your squad's biggest accomplishment is getting 30 guys to do boring, no-skill stuff like that.

Anyone can calibrate a bombsight after about 30 seconds of instruction, or drive across miles of undefended terrain.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »

Arrogant? No.
Our numbers? 30 plus, We have two squads in the 49ThFg.
If we want to drive to strats or do whatever we want to do we will because we can. Drive to the strats in a LVT or PT boat? Let's do it. Spend five hours or even days doing it? No problem. We do keep others busy, Even one player commented that he FEARS every time strats fash thinking that it's us.
We do keep people busy by constantly running missions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaXzeutwGo

I told u, do whatever u want, but u dont need to post a new thread everytime u mange to avoid being killed. Your constant bragging makes u look arrogant.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #193 on: June 12, 2015, 02:18:04 PM »
Zimme83, 49Dallas, please drop the argument and play nice.

HiTech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2015, 04:27:22 PM »
I never thought I'd say this, but maybe it's time for a dedicated air combat arena.  I'm not talking the DA but a smaller map that's limited to fighters and mediums that often get used as fighters.

I suppose part of it is nostalgia for those pre win the war days, but I know there is a crowd of us that started flying against each other when the game was air combat centered.

I know in the drive to attract more customers other aspects of the game have been added and they've attracted a different player base than many of us were a part of when we started.

Seems like an air combat arena might draw in a certain type crowd and maybe bring back some of the air combat guys who've disappeared.

Alongside it a smaller map total war arena that would draw the crowd that wants to win the war.

As I said I never thought I'd think this way but with such limited time to play these days it's easier to skip logging on then to spend that limited time hoping to find a fight.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters