Author Topic: The future of Aces High?  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: The future of Aces High?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2015, 12:25:49 PM »
But the core air combat simulator will need controllers. And funny, you see a lot of evolving solutions for tablets like this coming onto the market. First is if our game will ever have a version that will run on current tablets. Or if tablets will evolve for the gamer Win OS market.
There's already a bunch of tablets that should run AH at some level, like these: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417564,00.asp. Some of them even have a USB port where you can connect a powered hub for all of your gaming gear. I suppose they use Intel graphics which is known to cause issues in AH, but development keeps developing every day.

Kinda scary...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »
I saw WWII online asked its players to crowd fund their next game update.....then to buy new hardware ....then to continue game development.  I remember them saying it was free to play ....obviously nothing is "free" .

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2015, 04:53:12 PM »
I've been sporadic lately. But that is good. When I played Sunday I had a great time. Saturday was good too.

Saturday I came on just as someone was saying a cv was by one of our bases. Well it was a bit out. I found it and sunk it. Then I upped with my squadies and landed 6 kills. Then a squadie said a cv came so close to ours it scratched. I jumped in a 5 incher and scored the kill on that. Then back in a fighter for a couple of sorties. The 49th was in a fun mood and came over to duke it out. It was fun! <S> 49th for the gracious attitude you displayed.

One more sortie against an overwhelming force and I some how made a landing though missing some parts. Heck I could hardly turn. It was great!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »
BaldEagle touched on something good here, with potential.  No, you can't fly the game on a phone or tablet, just like you can't play World of Warcraft on a phone or tablet.  But what can you do on an app?  Stay Immersed.  In WoW, you can go into your auction, check out characters, chat, and basically interact in the game without killing trolls. 
Back in the day, one of my favorite games to play was Motor City Online, multi player racing game, fun stuff.  It had a full blown economy, buying parts, trading parts, racing for pinks, anything you could think of.  Had it survived, it could easily have evolved into an economy where you could use the apps to buy parts, sell parts, manage your inventory.
It's not too far fetched to keep people addicted to a game outside of the game.  There could be training courses created to teach you ACM, Flight Mechanics, History, all sorts of reasons to log in during a break, read, study, play mini games, all geared towards progressing your Main Arena or even Scenario status.  Maybe along with the "all planes available" main arena, you can generate perk points to purchase your own plane, and repair it as you damage it, and out of the game you can buy parts, trade parts, improve and modify your plane. 
Not saying it will or even should be done, but what BaldEagle brought up was options and a desire for expansion, frankly, anything can be done, it's a game, and you can bring new elements into a game that don't disrupt the existing format.  Think about it, the game is so addicting we are looking for other reasons and ways to play it.  Not a bad thing at all.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 01:18:28 AM »
No, you can't fly the game on a phone or tablet,

not yet.

there's no reason to think we won't be able to in the immediate future.

one of the first apps i had on my old iphone 3gs was x-plane.. a frickin flight simulator.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:20:48 AM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.