Author Topic: Laundry List of Wishes All are relevant to gameplay  (Read 472 times)

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
Laundry List of Wishes All are relevant to gameplay
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:14:36 AM »
Ok been playing the game for years and have seen it progress throughout them.

So here is my list.

==  Additional Dot Commands ==
.e6b for showing the e6b
.country for Country Status
.maps (mapname) for maps opening in view  IE .map 1 would open the map named 1 in your clipboard maps Map Description
.missions Opens Pickup Missions Menu
.roster will show the roster
.tg would open the CV TaskGroups Menu
.calibrate would automatically place controllers in calibrate mode
.stat fxx IE .stat 213 or F213 would display status for base.

Key mappings for these would be great as well even if it is not mapped and must be manually mapped.

== Additions To Game Interface ==
Backup Tool - Creates a simple zipped file of all of the game settings joystick mappings, head positions, convergences, clipboard maps, etc.
Backup Tool Films - Creates a zipfile of all films recorded
Import Menu for importing settings (IE moving to a different computer).

=== Additions to Control Mappings ==
Shift States!!!!!!!
X52 Software and most game controller software have shift states already it would be great to add them
IE allowing for button + hat switch to look up and around = button2 + hatswitch to look down and round ETC.

I can come up with pseudo code for all of this or I can write functions for it in C++ if needed.

Better modeling for A20 and twin engine aircraft - some planes had large rudders that would allow them to fly at a 90* angle if one wing was missing.
- IE one half wing missing on A20 right side both engines, with left engine full and right engine cut you should be able to coast at a 90 deg attitude to ground. wing up

Fix War Status Link on Clipboard to show Country Status, (now shows Field Status)

Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Laundry List of Wishes All are relevant to gameplay
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
1. - Highlight all of the folders under \Aces High.

2. - SendTo compressed zip file.

3. - Copy to zip file to a tumb drive, bingo....you set.

I backup the folders several times a year by date to an "\AH Backup" folder not on my C:\ drive. Then I copy them off to a thumb drive. Last time my drive toasted, I was still able to access the partition with D:\ once I replaced the hard drive and installed a new OS. I updated my game settings from the tumb drive I backup my settings to several times a year.

Have you not been doing something like this in spite of Hitech not providing you a button?

I suppose we should ask Hitech for an AI mentor in AH3 to take over when we get out kesters whupped to.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »
Ok that does not distract from the other things in the list

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:50:58 PM »
The other things have some utility, question is, to only you to alleviate your personal game management, or as a community good. This too has been pointed out as a reason for wishes not getting past being posted.

Interesting, "distract" as an adjective and social dismissal to diminish a relative position. I didn't think our public indoctrination centers taught semantics anymore. Though Internet caricatures use it as faux posturing upon the virtual stage in the face of slings and arrows to their possible, pending, outrageous miss fortune.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 09:10:35 PM »
The other things have some utility, question is, to only you to alleviate your personal game management, or as a community good. This too has been pointed out as a reason for wishes not getting past being posted.

Interesting, "distract" as an adjective and social dismissal to diminish a relative position. I didn't think our public indoctrination centers taught semantics anymore. Though Internet caricatures use it as faux posturing upon the virtual stage in the face of slings and arrows to their possible, pending, outrageous miss fortune.

Chill bustr. . Everyone has a right to their opinions and wishes.  Attacking some  one over it will only hurt you.  I think HTC will say something or lock the thread îf he fills it getting out of hand..
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 05:50:50 AM »
I venture you would advocate less critical thinking to salve his feelings per chance he has not the stature of his salvo. Because today one must worship at the alter of participation trophies in fear of self serving sensors. Oh the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune turning with the poison worm of borgastic conformist speech. As watchers count out our very words towards the measure of our social fitness.

If the gentleman can fling an adjective in derisive dismissal, cannot he stand on his own in the tempest of his own origin? Is your rejoinder not your assessment that he is unfit to account for his choice of semantics? How does that support him to become stronger in the face of his own poor choice of worded structure?

Who are you truly sparing by your injector? Unlike him unleashing his salvo and the subsequent fate incurred. You could have remained silent and not succumbed to your own sentiments concerning borgastic conformist speech and those you perceive in rebellion to that alter.

wpeters = Locutus : NOT     
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »
Bustr I love ya man but I gotta say that lately I've been finding myself reading your posts in my very best Dennis Miller voice. :aok
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:25:21 PM »
I venture you would advocate less critical thinking to salve his feelings per chance he has not the stature of his salvo. Because today one must worship at the alter of participation trophies in fear of self serving sensors. Oh the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune turning with the poison worm of borgastic conformist speech. As watchers count out our very words towards the measure of our social fitness.

If the gentleman can fling an adjective in derisive dismissal, cannot he stand on his own in the tempest of his own origin? Is your rejoinder not your assessment that he is unfit to account for his choice of semantics? How does that support him to become stronger in the face of his own poor choice of worded structure?

Who are you truly sparing by your injector? Unlike him unleashing his salvo and the subsequent fate incurred. You could have remained silent and not succumbed to your own sentiments concerning borgastic conformist speech and those you perceive in rebellion to that alter.

wpeters = Locutus : NOT   

My point bustr is cool down. A lot of your posts the last little while have been slandering and also quite childish. Remember this HTC property and you don't have to act like it is your own .

Clark I personally think some of those ideas are great. I epically like the shift option and the dot  commands .
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
==  Additional Dot Commands ==
.e6b for showing the e6b
.country for Country Status
.maps (mapname) for maps opening in view  IE .map 1 would open the map named 1 in your clipboard maps Map Description
.missions Opens Pickup Missions Menu
.roster will show the roster
.tg would open the CV TaskGroups Menu
.calibrate would automatically place controllers in calibrate mode
.stat fxx IE .stat 213 or F213 would display status for base.

One thing I wished I had done in the basic design is to make all menu items simply issue dot commands to drive the GUI.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »
Would that be why the .dt will probably never become a right click drop down on a base icon results?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »
Would that be why the .dt will probably never become a right click drop down on a base icon results?

That is simply because I have not written a GUI for it. The .dt command was simply a host addition when it was written, and did not require a client release.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 05:35:06 AM »
Hitech you are frightening.

Must be an art form in itself knowing what the minimum and then discretionary is for game GUI interfaces. Better you than I on this one.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing