Author Topic: I have a proposal concerning HQs.  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: I have a proposal concerning HQs.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 12:36:32 PM »
Well said, Aspen.

- oldman

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »
Ha may as well play hide and seek in the dark
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »
There is a waxing comment in here somewhere...

And my favorite thing is to oppose the fur-takers.  Fur-giver(?) sounds... just wrong somehow.

Wiley.

:rofl 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »
hmmmm  :headscratch: how about radar relay communication is run through a well defended building.  If the building is destroyed the team radar is down until the building is repaired, say 45 minutes.  given the high value of radar, the target should spark interest amongst the community to fly deep into enemy territory to destroy it.  this could help diversify the fight and gameplay.

just a idea.

:ahand

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
What do they not understand!?!?!? I can fight buildings offline.
no one would find you...

you never know when something goes wrong and the mission fails. Pathetic response.

Manned guns for HQ mandatory vh hanger. Problem solved!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 01:18:22 PM »
Those who just want to do a limited part of the game, shouldn't have the right to make the rest of us "do it your way"

With this part of your reply ^ I wholeheartedly agree. And I still don't think that a no-radar MA is a good idea.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
no one would find you...

you never know when something goes wrong and the mission fails. Pathetic response.

Manned guns for HQ mandatory vh hanger. Problem solved!
You misunderstand, your idea takes away from player on player interaction...something that would ruin the game for 75%+...your idea is pathetic.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
For those players that like to avoid contact and be strategic, I just don't understand why you don't go to the offline and bomb buildings there... Its FREE too.

This isnt about "changing the game" or "whinning" it is about why the HQ is causing a problem to the diminishing player base. Like Semp or someone said, might as well fly MS flight Sim if you want to fly around all afternoon and avoid combat.. The graphics are even better too!

The whole point of radar is to be able to use it to find action on the map, be able to defend bases, and to measure the size of the enemy/friendly ratio of planes in that area.

Killing HQ for a day would suck sooo badly. I don't even know how you think this would be a good idea. So many new players wouldn't be able to find any action on the map. War play would be very stale. The argument goes on and on. I could make arguement until I was blue in the face about why we need HQ and radar as part of the game.

Once HQ gets coaded to where more of a team effort has to shut it down, and players kill HQ to actually win the war, instead of ruining everyone's fun with no single point in attacking it, then you will see that we can still use the HQ for exactly its same purpose, instead of doing it out of spite in the off hours. It is the most skillest aspect to the game, yet causes the most grief. Bombing is the easiest thing to do in the game. There is nothing strategic about flying to 29k in a bomber and downing HQ for no reason, while the rest of your team has no interest in capturing bases or using the teamwork to do so. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »
For those players that like to avoid contact and be strategic, I just don't understand why you don't go to the offline and bomb buildings there... Its FREE too.

This isnt about "changing the game" or "whinning" it is about why the HQ is causing a problem to the diminishing player base. Like Semp or someone said, might as well fly MS flight Sim if you want to fly around all afternoon and avoid combat.. The graphics are even better too!

The whole point of radar is to be able to use it to find action on the map, be able to defend bases, and to measure the size of the enemy/friendly ratio of planes in that area.

Killing HQ for a day would suck sooo badly. I don't even know how you think this would be a good idea. So many new players wouldn't be able to find any action on the map. War play would be very stale. The argument goes on and on. I could make arguement until I was blue in the face about why we need HQ and radar as part of the game.

Once HQ gets coaded to where more of a team effort has to shut it down, and players kill HQ to actually win the war, instead of ruining everyone's fun with no single point in attacking it, then you will see that we can still use the HQ for exactly its same purpose, instead of doing it out of spite in the off hours. It is the most skillest aspect to the game, yet causes the most grief. Bombing is the easiest thing to do in the game. There is nothing strategic about flying to 29k in a bomber and downing HQ for no reason, while the rest of your team has no interest in capturing bases or using the teamwork to do so.
ya well i cant for the life of me figure out why such a selfish driven player like yourself cant ever seem to figure out why fellas like us play to the benifit of the team.

U think our lights are out when we kill an enemy hq? hell no

Offline???

I beg for someone to stop me when im on a bomb run

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 01:43:42 PM »
Manned guns and a vh at HQ or bust....

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
ya well i cant for the life of me figure out why such a selfish driven player like yourself cant ever seem to figure out why fellas like us play to the benifit of the team.

U think our lights are out when we kill an enemy hq? hell no

Offline???

I beg for someone to stop me when im on a bomb run

The only thing that is selfish is me shooting down your whole squad by myself in a fighter plane.

A VH or manned gun wouldn't matter at HQ against 30K buffs.

Personally, again me being selfish. I just want people to shoot down and fight against. I'd rather you not knock down the FHs or kill the other teams HQ while I'm trying to fight. I don't come here to fly in circles, I come to shoot down enemy planes. If you are in a bomber, I'll come shoot you down. But killing the HQ over and over again is just stupid and does nothing to support the war effort.

I could personally give a rats batootie about 50 perks for winning the war, I have 6,000 already.  I come here for fights and air combat, to battle planes in the sky. Avoiding fights and doing everything to prevent players from putting up a fight against me, ruins the idea air combat for me.

I know its apart of the game and its cool that all aspect of war fit into this simulation, but I could personally care less about what bases get taken and which teams win the war.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:58:18 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »
For those players that like to avoid contact and be strategic, I just don't understand why you don't go to the offline and bomb buildings there...

I pondered this for quite awhile, before it occurred to me that there are many games out there - mostly men-in-tights fantasy games - where the live players fight AI.  In the AH setting, players who like that sort of thing probably don't care whether they're opposed or not; they simply have fun interacting with (only) the people on their own team.

- oldman

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 02:33:48 PM »
The only thing that is selfish is me shooting down your whole squad by myself in a fighter plane.

A VH or manned gun wouldn't matter at HQ against 30K buffs.

Personally, again me being selfish. I just want people to shoot down and fight against. I'd rather you not knock down the FHs or kill the other teams HQ while I'm trying to fight. I don't come here to fly in circles, I come to shoot down enemy planes. If you are in a bomber, I'll come shoot you down. But killing the HQ over and over again is just stupid and does nothing to support the war effort.

I could personally give a rats batootie about 50 perks for winning the war, I have 6,000 already.  I come here for fights and air combat, to battle planes in the sky. Avoiding fights and doing everything to prevent players from putting up a fight against me, ruins the idea air combat for me.

I know its apart of the game and its cool that all aspect of war fit into this simulation, but I could personally care less about what bases get taken and which teams win the war.
30k buffs show dar and that is what 163's are for.
what you need to learn is that there is a player base who does care about what you dont inthis game. HTC recognizes this player base which is why you will never get whatyou really want.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 03:01:42 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:02:39 PM by hitech »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »

Turn all three HQs off for one Friday. Everyone will be on even ground. Spies won't be able to read locations on the map and relay to their handlers, missions won't be so easily intercepted, focus will be shifted more toward communication and coordinated effort. Shoot, make an event out of it! Team with the most bases by the end of the 24hr period, say 0800 US Central time Friday to 0800 Saturday, wins, if the map isn't shifted. Furballers can still furball, there will just be an actual objective behind it. Logging because of HQ being down will be seen as an act of cowardice, as NOBODY will have HQ up. Plan it out about a month and a half in advance, and we might just have record numbers for the year so far in the MA.

FSO, Scenario's and Snapshots already do this.  This will not help as much as you think.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.