Author Topic: I have a proposal concerning HQs.  (Read 2753 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: I have a proposal concerning HQs.
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »
30k buffs show dar and that is what 163's are for.
what you need to learn is that there is a player base who does care about what you dont inthis game. HTC recognizes this player base which is why you will never get whatyou really want.

And what is your point? Obviously your way isn't doing anything to the player base but minimizing it. Just because you can game a game doesn't make you right. It is simply a flaw in the system that you can easily get away with which limits the fun for a lot of players. What I want is a system where destroying the HQ is strategic to winning the war, not strategic to cause players to log. Comprendes?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »
I have to disagree with that. YOU use the radar to find fights. Many of us use the radar to see what bases are being attacked. You may think it's the same, but it isn't, otherwise, so many of us wouldn't be taking dar down when we're attacking bases. It's not just about perks, it's about, now you don't know where an attack is coming from. The fight is fun, no doubt, but there's so much more to this game than just dogfighting. Those who just want to do a limited part of the game, shouldn't have the right to make the rest of us "do it your way". This whole attitude of those who ONLY want to dogfight is really making me want to leave the game again. I'm NOT going to do it YOUR way, and the more you try to make me, the more I'm gonna call whiner and do it the OPPOSITE of what you want.

Its your $15.00 do what you want......but just quit whining about the whiners......and stop capitalizing certain words to make it seem like YOU are REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS and we should PAY ATTENTION........  :old:

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
And what is your point? Obviously your way isn't doing anything to the player base but minimizing it. Just because you can game a game doesn't make you right. It is simply a flaw in the system that you can easily get away with which limits the fun for a lot of players. What I want is a system where destroying the HQ is strategic to winning the war, not strategic to cause players to log. Comprendes?
HTC created the target and its effects when destroyed. So because players have quit and numbers are low your forum griefing us with your drive by comments while HTC sits back and laughs while your posts get censored??

my point was actualy a comment pertaining to a post previous to that. go back and read it then get back to me
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 07:10:23 PM »
Spies won't be able to read locations on the map and relay to their handlers

Okay, so your real motivation is based on baseless paranoia.

Plan it out about a month and a half in advance, and we might just have record numbers for the year so far in the MA.

It will give you record numbers... of AH players actually willing to spend a night out with their wives. I'll even volunteer to go to Ikea with my wife for the day/evening.

Heck, I'll even go through the colonoscopy that the doctor wants me to have, at least I know that will be a literal pain the a** that may be beneficial compared to a figurative pain in the a** of chasing non-existent fights in the skies of Aces High.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 07:18:20 PM »
HTC created the target and its effects when destroyed. So because players have quit and numbers are low your forum griefing us with your drive by comments while HTC sits back and laughs while your posts get censored??

my point was actualy a comment pertaining to a post previous to that. go back and read it then get back to me

Exactly. You got it right that time!!

I do appreciate that Hitech has made this change for us for the short term.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:20:12 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 07:55:59 PM »
ya well i cant for the life of me figure out why such a selfish driven player like yourself cant ever seem to figure out why fellas like us play to the benifit of the team.

That's a load of malarkey. Guys who drop HQs accomplish nothing except ruin fun for the players
flying for the country whose HQ got dropped.
  Ask the probably 1000 guys who dropped their subscriptions to AH over the past couple of years
how much -they- enjoyed having HQ down.
  Guys like you and the squads who do 'em do it so -they- can fly "under cover" so the odds of them
actually having to fight against another plane are lessened.
  I can understand hitting strat targets. Those have an impact war-wise. HQs is just griefin' the game
just because you can.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 09:18:35 PM »

That's a load of malarkey. Guys who drop HQs accomplish nothing except ruin fun for the players
flying for the country whose HQ got dropped.
  Ask the probably 1000 guys who dropped their subscriptions to AH over the past couple of years
how much -they- enjoyed having HQ down.
  Guys like you and the squads who do 'em do it so -they- can fly "under cover" so the odds of them
actually having to fight against another plane are lessened.
  I can understand hitting strat targets. Those have an impact war-wise. HQs is just griefin' the game
just because you can.

no

I drop hq for strategic value

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
no

You do crack me up.  You go on and keep convincing yourself of that :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 11:03:42 PM »
You do crack me up.  You go on and keep convincing yourself of that :aok

if i understand you correctly you want me tokeep convincing myself that hq has strategic value.

Does that mean you and anyone else willing to admit on this thread the same that you feel the hq has no strategic value?

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
Nope. You didn't understand him correctly.  :aok   :old:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2015, 12:28:14 AM »
no

you ever think that it was your bb  posting that actually really proved that you were grieffing the majority of the player base?

It's a rhetorical question.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2015, 03:26:01 AM »
-1 from me grin. sorry bud.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2015, 06:25:18 AM »

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2015, 06:45:48 AM »
One way to avoid THE point is to keep talking about periphery topics and\or call facts whines and the like.

Ladies and gents: Most of us play this game to engage in ACM.  If we log in and cant find any...we log out if we dont have unlimited time*.  Thats just a cold hard fact.

It really is that simple.

* I wonder what percentage of the player base have unlimited time?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:48:56 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2015, 08:28:25 AM »
It would also appear that a rather large portion of the player base logs in solely to engage in GV stuff, which really doesn't use the HQ at all other than for hiding from incoming air.

I personally prefer attacking those guys. Some GVers are tough cookies to crack, even with bombs! Much more rewarding to take a Stuka G-2 out to support a GV push, shoot Sturmbok's 262 down along the way, take out a Panzer or two and throw your plane into the Wirble that just knocked your wing off.

It's also a lot of fun when you have a LOT of squadmates on to fly big pretty formations in fighters. 14 A6Ms in a Flying Fish (<><) having a Jug come say hi, and at 3k away the tail doing a Split S and the front doing an Immelmann, and watching the Jug break as hard as he can away, dive to the ground and floor it home is absolutely hilarious.

Don't gotta be doing inverted 4G negative dives with the enemy to have fun.