Author Topic: 2 year anniversary is almost here! wtg!  (Read 744 times)

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
2 year anniversary is almost here! wtg!
« on: June 13, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »
thats right guys the 2 year anniversary is almost here. what anniversary?   of the announcement of a new terrain engine(nov-2013)   i am hoping that we have the new terrain by  nov 2015 !! :l....well at least by xmas......2016,lol  :rofl

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: 2 year anniversary is almost here! wtg!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
Yea in 2 weeks
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »
thats right guys the 2 year anniversary is almost here. what anniversary?   of the announcement of a new terrain engine(nov-2013)   i am hoping that we have the new terrain by  nov 2015 !! :l....well at least by xmas......2016,lol  :rofl

Do you really think that developing what is essentially going to be a new game is a short process that only takes a few weeks?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 06:31:50 PM »

Hurray! Quaint negativity... Good thing that'll never need an anniversary...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 07:07:19 PM »
Hurray! Quaint negativity... Good thing that'll never need an anniversary...

Dude, you can depend on alpini.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 07:56:14 PM »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 08:16:34 PM »
:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »
New terrain engine??

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:01:44 PM by Yankee67 »
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 07:52:25 AM »
Do you really think that developing what is essentially going to be a new game is a short process that only takes a few weeks?

Just show everyone the timeline for DayZ Standalone - I laughed when all the kids jumped to buy it, knowing it will likely take 2-3 years before its a polished product. Every single day people are whining about it still.
I still run a server for Standalone, I've been here since it started - given how much I actually play, its quite enjoyable when a new patch comes out.
JG 52

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 09:54:52 AM »

Remember who you are talking to man.   He once needed his score reset and is now the authority of game design.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
Just show everyone the timeline for DayZ Standalone - I laughed when all the kids jumped to buy it, knowing it will likely take 2-3 years before its a polished product. Every single day people are whining about it still.
I still run a server for Standalone, I've been here since it started - given how much I actually play, its quite enjoyable when a new patch comes out.

I'm laughing right now in World of Warships at all the complaints about it, in CLOSED BETA TESTING, not working properly with bugs and balance issues. :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 03:31:36 PM »

If you were blessed to have been born with a couple fingers on one hand, then you can count how many people are developing this game.  Many fail to realize that HTC pulls off a frikkin' MIRACLE with the stuff they do with only a few workers.  Maybe the new terrain engine has taken a couple of years.  Have we not received plenty of other things in the last two years??  My point is, the terrain engine has not been their only work, by far.  Question:  Except for the publicly released pics and short vids, do you know anything about the new terrain engine, how it works, and the huge change from the current system it entails??  I do.  You owe them an apology.

For years, people have been complaining here weekly that HTC needs to bring AH up to the standards of other games out now, produced by muuuch larger staffs.  Now HTC is giving y'all exactly what you asked for & won't even cut them some slack on the time it is taking 2-3 people to create it for your entertainment.  Either wait patiently for it to be finished, or move on.  It's that easy.

After speaking to Dale about this thread, he has given me permission to release one more pic of the future terrain system in the hopes it will hold whiners over until it is finished.  I took the time last night to build a small terrain that will highlight everything the new system will deliver.  I hope this will hold you over and we will see no more complaints from anyone until it is released:

Enjoy!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 03:36:14 PM »
^^^.... :rofl :rofl :rofl

I'm laughing at the pic,you,Ranger are spot on and I thank you for all the work you do!

:salute

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »
Ranger you are absolutely....positively nutz!   :rofl :rofl :rofl..I luv it  :aok
- The Flying Circus -