Author Topic: To Man the guns, or not. Is that the question ?  (Read 2707 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: To Man the guns, or not. Is that the question ?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2015, 03:07:18 PM »
Shooting troops with a .45 at least is physically possible. I wanna see a film of a tank being taken out by a .45.  :D

pfft...my bush will destroy your puny tank :devil :devil

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
Somehow I have missed the stories of a bailed pilot deacking a field with his .45.

I've done it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »
When I ask for films of this kind of stuff I'm asking for entertainment more than proof.  :D

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 03:16:37 AM »
Shooting troops with a .45 at least is physically possible. I wanna see a film of a tank being taken out by a .45.  :D
Sorry, I never film anything except for very rare occasions when someone wants to make a mission film with as much raw material as possible.

But the procedure is simple: Walk in front of the tank and shoot into the peeping hole to kill the driver.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2015, 07:43:18 AM »
Quote from: Randy1 on Yesterday at 01:57:48 PM
As has been noted before AH is a game based simulation.  There is a fine balance between game and simulation.  When a person or persons take actions purely for their benefit it moves the balance toward the arcade.

Well... Sometimes setting up a vulch in order to capture a base while not taking down FHs is necessary. It is not easy to kill all the ack withiut getting some kind of damage to your plane. The ack is already quite deadly. Also, in most cases, you have the opportunity to up from another base.

I think ack is perfectly strong enough, or maybe even too strong. That Puff ack is the scarriest thing in the game. Those ship puff ack guns are very easy to get kills.

I sorta agree with naughty because guns like that can ruin great sorties and end your fun comepletely out of no where just because a guy can point and shoot. 

I think doing this would limit a lot of players from avoiding fights and jumping into man ack guns with no worry of death. If players had risks associated with being in a manned gun, the decision to jump in one might be more of a thought.

De-acking a small field is relatively easy with a Dora, F8, A5, or a Typhoon even with an upper or two. Even a medium field could be de-acked by one person. Someday I do it out of boredom, other times the though of a good ole fashion vulch gets me all hot and bothered.

Chuikov

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 11:37:32 AM »
That is why we need stronger field guns.  Deacking just to vulch is gaming the game.

If guys are dumb enough to lift from a de-acked field, they deserve to get "vulched".
They enemy that did or is doing the de-acking is taking a decent-sized risk in doing so.
Ack at a small field will usually damage a plane 1/3 of the time on the first pass and
each subsequent pass on the acks will increase that risk.
  There are few things as much fun as hosing lemmings on a runway at a field that's
been worked over.
  You'll rarely see it happen at a medium or large field due to the fact that field ack
(and manned guns) are as lethal as they are now.
  Most guys these days just hide in a wirbel to defend a field. Making those so lethal
coupled with the inability to see them outside of 2K has unfortunately shifted a lot
of guys out of fighters and into the so-called "ground game" of Aces High, thus
lessening the number of fighters in the air defending and making things relatively
boring from an air combat perspective.
 And Aces High -is- an air combat game in the main, right?

Regards, Odd

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 12:30:39 PM »
Deacking just to vulch is gaming the game.

No it's not.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 01:33:20 PM »
I tell you what arlo that dang Ole czok bailed out of his plane over our deacked port and I was resupping it in my M3 I drove and stopped right in front of him I never saw him I dropped my sups and waited for the objects resupplied message it didn't come so I was like WTH then I heard my pintle gun being shot off no enemy cons around and all of a sudden he walks right in front of my M3 that wiener shot my sups and my pintle gun off with his .45 so I fired my M3 up and ran his bellybutton over ...you should have heard him lauding at me <S> czok ....
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »
This should be in the wish list, but I agree the kill should count, every time you die it would count against you or count for you if you are the killer.  The problem I see is that to make that type of change in the game will require coding changes and I just don't seen that type of investment of time and money taking place, after all HTC is giving you pretty water, grass, and pretty mountains, plus a whole new game arena for "Steel the sheep". 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2015, 03:23:24 PM »
<snip>
I agree the kill should count, every time you die it would count against you or count for you if you are the killer.
<snip>

Eh, I couldn't care less.  I didn't care about my score before,  I don't care about it now, and I won't care about it in the future. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »

There are few things as much fun as hosing lemmings on a runway

And Aces High -is- an air combat game in the main, right?

i dont know, is it? i guess you could consider guys on the ground in an airplane as air to air.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 08:43:18 AM »
Eh, I couldn't care less.  I didn't care about my score before,  I don't care about it now, and I won't care about it in the future. :aok

I agree with you 100% on score, however, HTC would disagree and because they own the game and decide how it works and is played, score is important to them.  If their going to keep score it might as well be keep accurately.  a death is a death and should be scored correctly.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »
Guns suck... get in a plane and take your beating like a man.  :D

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »
I think you should get a death if you're killed in a manned gun.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 09:27:47 AM »
I think you should get a death if you're killed in a manned gun.

Then give us perk points.
Then with those I want my 88 to go from this as it is now in game.

To this.

Then when I get a few more perks I want this so I can see you better when I shoot you.

http://www.lonesentry.com/manuals/88mm-antiaircraft-gun/sighting-equipment-german-artillery-88mm.html

http://www.lonesentry.com/manuals/88mm-antiaircraft-gun/german-artillery-fire-control-equipment.html

After I get a few more perks I would like to pack up my fixed 88 that is like this.

Then drive it lets say  :headscratch: 4.5k from the dead center & end of your runway with this as you auto climb out in your aircraft. Just far enough out to not flash the base of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0aHnFo5CI8