Author Topic: head position  (Read 597 times)

Offline Dambustr

• Zinc Member
head position
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »
hey guys.

I like a forward head position like im peeping down my sight with loose belts.
The disadvantage i have is with my current setup and current FOV i can not see my speed and alt.

If i could set my head to look 5 degrees downward by default it would save me from grabbing the mouse and setting it manually everytime i want to look somewhere.

is there a way to do this?

thx

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: head position
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »
Get your view where you want hold and press F10 which saves the position
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:42:08 AM »
You can adjust any view . With view on screen, use the arrows and page up, page down to adjust and press F10 to save it.

So program a key to your stick, or the keyboard to a forward view, adjust and save. Then you can use that key or switch to view the gauges.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:55:21 AM »
There is, but it might affect your aiming.

The best solution might be mapping a button or hat direction for viewing the gauges. Simply map a button for "View Look Front Down". You can then modify the view by keeping the button down while moving with arrows and PageUp/Down and finally saving it with F10 still keeping the button in question pushed down. You can also use the keyboard's numpad for viewing. 0 is Down, 8 is Front, so 0+8 equals Look Front Down. I've never even thought about using the mouse for viewing!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:16:15 PM »
TrackIR solves the problem too.  I use a 90 FOV and move my position forward to what is near a real world head position for that plane.  The TrackIR lets me look down with ease.

The P51D has one of the worst instrument layout in the game so it really helps on planes like that.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
Keypad 8 is an alternate forward view. You can set it to view your instruments and assign it to a button to allow you to easily glance at your instruments.

Offline Dambustr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:50 AM »
thx guys

it seems i just had to compromise and went with mapping a key to glance down. but ive managed to find a spot that includes just my airspeed in the p-38.

Thanks

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »
thx guys

it seems i just had to compromise and went with mapping a key to glance down. but ive managed to find a spot that includes just my airspeed in the p-38.

Thanks

On The P-38, try a FOV setting of 90-98 then set your head position just so you see the speed. 

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 10:28:42 PM »
You can also play with your FOV and the amount of zoom setting to get the best of both worlds,,, I used to use 110 FOV. Until I went to Track IR
Flying since tour 71.