Author Topic: Spying - Just curious  (Read 393 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Spying - Just curious
« on: June 16, 2015, 01:05:20 PM »
In no way is this an attempt to flame anyone.  Names and countries are intentionally being left out.

#1 - In LW.  There is a well known name on a particular side that always happens to be somewhere a base is being attacked.  Usually in a jeep.  This individual has jumped onto another squad's VOX.  Whenever missions are ongoing, there are conveniently placed planes laying in wait.  Regardless of what you do, it can't be avoided.  Makes it difficult, if not impossible to attack a particular country using certain tactics, such as NOE, and have any effect on a base attempt.  It appears that more than one person is using this account for the benefit of information of what one particular side is doing.  It seems this name is logged on 24/7 (or very close to it).   

My question on this is, why do it at all?  Your side already has really good team play.  I am just curious.

#2 - in MW last weekend, I noticed a guy on a side switch sides to obtain control of a CV that was attacking a base.  Purposely steering it away and complicating the attack.  Once the attack failed and concentration was focused on sinking the carrier, this individual switched sides to the side the CV was attacking and assisted in defending said base.  I get it that it is your $15 a month, however, why bother interfering at all?  Just go to the country being attacked and defend if you are looking for action. 

Anyways, again, not trying to stir it up.  Just curious why spying in a cartoon game is done at all?  Kind of takes the fun out of it for a LOT of people.  Regardless, I'll still keep coming and will continue to do so.

:rock
SlipKnoT   
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Spying - Just curious
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
Follow up...

My #1 portion of the post.  I just want clarification if my observation is true or not.  I know rumors are circulating regarding this individual.  Just doesn't seem appropriate. 
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »
This individual has jumped onto another squad's VOX.

If they're worried about it, why aren't they using channel 4?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 01:10:32 PM »
If they're worried about it, why aren't they using channel 4?

Wiley.

Valid question.  They have others out of the squad joining up in their missions. 
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »
If Hitech has set the EW and MW to switch at will, or once an hour, then there is nothing wrong with your side switcher leveraging the game that way. Otherwise Hitech would have set the side switch time to 12 hours.

In the LWMA a few have used their once in 12 hour switch to do things like that over the years. And everyone on the side who's CV got screwed had very long memories. Where larger numbers of players are concerned, such things have nastier outcomes and effects to the community and possible HTC's bottom line.

So why didn't you switch sides and put a monkey wrench in his plans to protect your CV?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

Valid question.  They have others out of the squad joining up in their missions.

Ugh.  Valid issue.  Nice feature request would be invite only channels.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »
See rule #7