Author Topic: How many...?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
How many...?
« on: June 18, 2015, 08:37:18 AM »
Squads have you been apart of? What was your favorite about each of them if it's more than one?

20th loco busters

Rowdy Ones

The Few & Top Gun- Loved the team work that both of these groups had. Great communtication as well. Made going into a fur all very easy knowing when you went through and climbing out you had a buddy killing the guy on your six. :) I really loved the cultural difference the Few brought to the table. Was fun talking to people from over the pond! :)

Blue Knights & Army of Muppets- These two to me were very similar. More so on your own type of fighting, but along with your squaddies. These two groups are about the more old school way of fighting that AH was built upon.

The people are always the best part. Meet lots of great people who would actually do a lot for you without ever personally meeting you.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Re: How many...?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:56:17 AM »

The Assassins when I first came aboard Aces High.  Hblair, Milenko, Lizard3, Regurge, Jeckel, BigMax, etc............we might all be on at the same time, but we generally flew what we wanted where we wanted and did a lot of lone wolf stuff. 
Then the 56th FG with ammo, Frenchy, etc.  A bit more structured than the Assassins, more wingman tactics and stuff.  Joined them cause I was a Jug lover among a primarily LW iron squad.  ]
Rejoined the Assassins, then squaddies began drifting out of the game until I was usually the only one online.
Joined the AOM when I came back(forget what year).  Very similiar to the Assassins, do what ya want, just have fun.  Great group of guys, was fun to finally fly and fight WITH kappa and Fester.
Currently with The Flying Circus........again, very loose, do what ya want, have fun type squad.  It's weird to be flying with Hajo, as way way back when, he flew LW iron and I would knock heads with him on a daily basis in my Jug.  A lot of old timers in this squad.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 09:08:09 AM »
1 and only 1.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 09:09:45 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:45 AM »
First was with Gruppe Outlaws during my squeaker days. Got invited by Kalisto, my first and only "teacher" of AH2! They were a great bunch of guys who just wanted to have fun. The squad may be gone but there's still a few members hanging around (Chilli, Vilkas  :D  )

After the Outlaws disbanded I got potatod in.... I mean recruited by Raccdog into the Claim Jumpers. They were rather similar to the Gruppe Outlaws, just a bunch of friends looking to have fun together. Spent a long time in this squad and it spawned some of my favorite memories in AH2.

After 2-3 years in the CJs I decided I needed a change and went solo for a little while. That went on for a few months and then Fester recruited me into the Army of Muppets. I love this group of guys for the same reason Jo does; we all just fly the way we want, with or without squaddies, and are all about the old school flying of AH2 that I oh so miss.

Eventually I was getting a bit tired with the game itself and decided to explore the community more by joining other squads for a bit and just get to know people more and have fun with them. First stop I believe was with JG5. It was just a perfect fit for me as at the time JG5 had RedBull, Debrody, ReVo, and our all mighty leader Dolby and we all had the same passion for German planes.

After JG5 I went to the 56th FG to learn about the ways of the Jug :) . These guys are real Jugheads! It's the only thing they ever fly! It was a pleasure to meet and fly with some of the best 47 sticks in the game and I liked how they never took the game way to seriously. It was always about getting a fight and having fun.

I then went back to the Muppets for a bit as I dealt with some life problems and they even helped me a bit through this rough time as well (as did other members of the community as well. Seriously, this community is amazing!)

Now I'm continuing my community journey and flying with the 242nd Sloppy Terminators, the BEST squad in the game!  :neener: All hail raynos! The glorious Knight leader!  :D

:salute to the AH2 Community!  :cheers:

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:09 AM »

Firstly the 31st and then CHAPPYs squad.  Both comprised of really great folks.  What struck me was the deep comradery and training.  I learned this game so much more quickly being in a squad than otherwise (hint hint).

These days I fly solo but tend to jump into formal or informal missions as they arise.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 10:06:30 AM »
367th Dynamite Gang-- Taught me everything about Jabo, Base taking, Bombing, Missions, and taught me 2 very valuable lessons on ACM that changed and helped my flying tremendously! They really helped me develop my game play very well and taught me so many things about this game. They weren't the best fit for me though because I wanted to be more of a fighter pilot than anything else.

71st Squadron Raf- Was only with them a short time. Had a lot of fun. A lot of cool missions. And all the guys were cool as hell.

AOM- Almost joined the Blue Knights but they weren't present at the time. Skyrock invited me back in 2007. I knew the muppets would be a good fit. I've had a blast on this squad, and it is great to fly and wing with some of the best players in the game. We have a lot of fun as make believe fighter pilots and our reputation has been around for a long time. We love the fight, love the furball, and even shoot each other down sometimes. The fight is all that matters to us, the freedom to fight where we want, and just listening to some of these goof balls is great hehehe ;)

<S>
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 10:53:38 AM »
242nd Sloppy Terminators, the BEST squad in the game!

:aok

The Sloppies have been the only Squad I've been in.
See Rule #4

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »

VMF-158 "The Green Mountain Boys"

On squadron nights we flew fully loaded F4U Corsairs from carriers if there was one close enough to a base we were going to flatten.

JG11

We only fly Luftwaffe aircraft all the time (exceptions for FSO scenarios of course). We can do it all but mostly fly fighter sweeps.  On the ground, in the brauhaus, a good bunch of guys. In the air, it's all business. I can't imagine a better squadron. No need to say anything else. I'm sure you know who we are and what we do.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
332nd Vikings
56th FG
Loose Deuce
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »

the BOPs when I first got here 10 years ago

AOM about 7 years now

and SUICIDE DWEEBZ my own squad.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 01:41:57 PM »
POTW
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
1 Squad the whole 6 years I have been flying...Duxford Wing RAF..They put up with me and I am the only guy who will deal with the Wing CO's dirty socks and sheep fetish...

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 02:07:38 PM »

31st Bomber Barons - late 2002
JG44 Night Hawks - early 2003
1st Special Service Force - 2008/2010 cant remember
Devils Brigade - 2010ish
Black Widows - 2014
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:13:42 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline 49Dallas