Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 57983 times)

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« on: June 18, 2015, 12:50:38 PM »
Hello all, it has been so long since i have been on AH, mostyl due to school and work, but I have found the WoWS and AW are fine fillers for my limited spare time. i know AW is still in beta but man is it coming along great, and WoWs even though it has a crappy MM it is still fun to play. I am writing this to find out if anyone else has had the pleasure of playing these two games, or both?
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »
OK,

How is the AH audience supposed to digest this? Are you a shill for one or both of those games? Are you trying to entice AH players to come over to those games?

Obviously you take part in both of those games and no longer AH. So why do you need to ask AH players about said games?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
OK,

How is the AH audience supposed to digest this? Are you a shill for one or both of those games? Are you trying to entice AH players to come over to those games?

Obviously you take part in both of those games and no longer AH. So why do you need to ask AH players about said games?

+1

Every time I see a post like this, I think the same.  I just do not respond to them.  In this case I am responding to Bustr's excellent post.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 10:46:39 AM »
Well, believe it or not, some of us do play these games.  And this is in the O'Club last I checked.  Shouldn't have bothered posting into it if it rustled your jimmies. :)

I haven't touched Armored Warfare, and though I may do so at a later date.  Looks like WoT with modern era vehicles.  War Thunder still has the one up on WoT/AW's HP system.

World of Warships is something I play, not a ton, but I have vested a good amount of time into it.  You are right about MM being a PITA, but Fire is also a problem.  Karnak pointed out that in another thread (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,370815.0.html), watching a Yamato and Montana burn to death is lame, and he would be right.  CBT is CBT though, and they are still working on balancing issues.

Also, a little FYI, I still have an active account with Aces High. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »
OK,

Oh I still play AH, and i am not promoting either game :3. I am simply asking if there are those who play, and if any of them would like to play along with me. sadly i don't play AH as often as i used to, because it is so long to get into a fight, even a good fight. either people run from a fight as soon as they loose the advantage, or just ram without care for a good fight. and last time I checked the O-Club was where you went to post and ask/talk about this sort of stuff.

Well, believe it or not, some of us do play these games.  And this is in the O'Club last I checked.  Shouldn't have bothered posting into it if it rustled your jimmies. :)

I haven't touched Armored Warfare, and though I may do so at a later date.  Looks like WoT with modern era vehicles.  War Thunder still has the one up on WoT/AW's HP system.

World of Warships is something I play, not a ton, but I have vested a good amount of time into it.  You are right about MM being a PITA, but Fire is also a problem.  Karnak pointed out that in another thread (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,370815.0.html), watching a Yamato and Montana burn to death is lame, and he would be right.  CBT is CBT though, and they are still working on balancing issues.

Also, a little FYI, I still have an active account with Aces High. :)

I agree, but at least AW is taking steps toward making the Match Maker better and to take into account player stats along with Tier. and they are trying  their best to make an over all better product. I Like WT for the fact that they have Korean war era jets :3. nothing like picking on and beating up little Mig15s and other communist dogs puny aircraft lol.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:43:58 PM »
yeah I watched a lot of videos on WoWs and finally preordered a cpl weeks back. I have been having a blast dodging torps as a cv desperately tries to get away from my Phoenix or Kuma. Stay away from their forums unless you wanna see a bunch of grown men with lil girl avatars(srsly wtf  is that).
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 10:34:33 PM »
Maybe it's their daughters... (Yeah right lol)
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
I am excited for World of warships. I will probably play it when both of of these criteria are met 1. No squaddies on and 2. arenas are uner 50 players. so like right after work for a couple rounds then check AH and prolly end up with some air time. AH is first and formost and has been for the past 10 years for me.

Still excited for warships none the less
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:14 PM »
yeah I watched a lot of videos on WoWs and finally preordered a cpl weeks back. I have been having a blast dodging torps as a cv desperately tries to get away from my Phoenix or Kuma. Stay away from their forums unless you wanna see a bunch of grown men with lil girl avatars(srsly wtf  is that).

That was what tipped me to buying into the CBT, watching some video's. :)  I made a goal, Mogami and Yamato.  I've reached the Mogami, but was surprised by the BB line.  By far a large portion of my battles have been in the BB.  But it's a major PITA working to the Yamato.  The Izumo is a bit of a pain as I can't do jack against a DD that is chasing me.  At least with the other BB's, I can kill the DD's chasing me (it's funny because it's like having someone slowly flying towards your 6 when in bombers).  Made more than a couple of DD's pay for this.  :devil  Don't chase a BB without something in front to force a turn. :aok
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 06:27:25 PM »
That was what tipped me to buying into the CBT, watching some video's. :)  I made a goal, Mogami and Yamato.  I've reached the Mogami, but was surprised by the BB line.  By far a large portion of my battles have been in the BB.  But it's a major PITA working to the Yamato.  The Izumo is a bit of a pain as I can't do jack against a DD that is chasing me.  At least with the other BB's, I can kill the DD's chasing me (it's funny because it's like having someone slowly flying towards your 6 when in bombers).  Made more than a couple of DD's pay for this.  :devil  Don't chase a BB without something in front to force a turn. :aok
Yeah I love stalking BBS in the dd's by far the ship I have most fun with is the Phoenix, with the New Orleans close behind. I am horrible at the cvs cant hit anything with manual and when I do I don't give the torps time to arm lol.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 08:35:26 PM »
Hello all, it has been so long since i have been on AH,

Oh I still play AH, and i am not promoting either game

Post away about other games, this is the O'Club, but keep your stories straight, people might find you more credible.  :D
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
Yeah I love stalking BBS in the dd's by far the ship I have most fun with is the Phoenix, with the New Orleans close behind. I am horrible at the cvs cant hit anything with manual and when I do I don't give the torps time to arm lol.

I like the Phoenix and New Orleans too, they citadel well. :t

I haven't touched DD's or CV's yet.  I didn't plan to till I met both goals.  Judging by rough time that OBT will hit, I may not reach the Yamato before end of CBT.  One ship I am going to miss is the Warspite.  She's a fun one, that. :aok  It is possible she'll return when they finally get around to adding the RN line though.  We'll see.  I'm already set for the USS Arkansas, so it's pretty smooth for me at this point and while I COULD push for the Yamato, by popping in and doing some rounds after work but, I have a NASTY habit of letting the time slip by while playing.  Last thing I need is for it to be 3-4am, since I have to wake at 9 for work. :bhead  It's the primary reason I don't do anything during my work week, with the exception (providing I REMEMBER) of FSO. :(
HiTech

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »
I hope World of Warships doesn't have the same foul-mouthed childishness as World of Tanks. Complete turn-off, here's to HTC for keeping ch 200 under control.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 12:59:33 PM »
They mostly get people complaining about CVs being to powerful. even though they keep nerfing them. and they gave AA a nerfing to which sucks. i understand though. US BBs and CAs have damn good AA guns.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »
They mostly get people complaining about CVs being to powerful. even though they keep nerfing them. and they gave AA a nerfing to which sucks. i understand though. US BBs and CAs have damn good AA guns.
The Iowas are amazing at AA. CV tho are pretty much insta dead against a decent dd driver, just ite them up and chase em down. It is really gratifying tho wen you dodged multiple barrages of torps to sink a cv.

also I think Open beta is close my stats have been wiped on their website.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep