Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 59865 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #435 on: December 12, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »
Grinding the Japanese and German BB line is proving a challenge....as is US carriers. Stuck midway through the Bogue grind and I hate using it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Play thr Germans like the USN close in and duke it out, their secondaries are awesome.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #436 on: December 12, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »
Especially once you hit Bismarck. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #437 on: December 12, 2016, 05:45:56 PM »
Thanks for the help volron ill pick it up soon.  :salute
G3-MF

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #438 on: December 12, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »
 :aok
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #439 on: December 21, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
Oh boy.... Graf Spee on the horizon. :x

Yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhh.  I'm just going to buy her. :P
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #440 on: December 26, 2016, 04:35:54 PM »
So far, I'm finding the Spee an interesting ship.  She's a little tricky, though not on the level of Atlanta and Yubari.  She's surprisingly tank-y, and her secondaries are not bad.  But, she's sluggish and a touch slow with dispersion that could be better, and her torpedoes kinda feh (though they do offer AMAZING coverage).  Her main guns are odd to me though.  For what they are, I find them lacking in power.  Take the same shot with Shiny Horse (using just one turret), and I will do more than with Spee using both.  I still need more time with her though. :)
HiTech

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #441 on: December 27, 2016, 09:30:52 AM »
Finally got out of the bogue and into an independence.....and it's just a bogue with early model hellcats...but I did get f bombed last night by a strike independence. Every time a plane went down I got f bombed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:35:47 AM by Becinhu »
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2016, 06:04:41 PM »
Yeah, that probably got him reported by more than a few folks, on both sides. :)  My issue happens to be when I go from Lady Lex back down to Bogue or Indy.  I sometimes run out of planes before I realize it. :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #443 on: December 31, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »
If you end up enjoying Indy, you should like Ranger.  Quite a few more planes with her. :)  Strike...even though it's not anywhere near as good as it used to be, is still the Dark Side. :P
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #444 on: January 02, 2017, 02:26:13 AM »
Welp, picked up Taiho today, and she's proving to be interesting indeed.  Had to upgrade her fighters right away though. heh  It came down to Montana, Taiho or Essex.  A doozy, since I also really want Montana. :)  I might actually finish off the IJN line, but Montana is very close. :x
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #445 on: January 18, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »
Oh for the love of... The new skill tree. :bhead  It's a nightmare having to retrain so many captains. :bhead  On a side note, I do like how there are more specific skills for CV's.  I don't overly like the T1 skill choices however, and the nerf to the BB's catapult fighter...  Who ever though that was a good idea needs to be beaten with a sac of oranges. :furious

I tired the new IFHE (Inertia Fuse for HE) skill on Atlanta, and I am kind of on the fence about it.  Her captain isn't quite high enough for 2 4pt skills yet, so it's either AFT or IFHE.  The loss of firing range...ew.  I forgot she had an 11k range on her by default. :noid

Pretty much comes down to: Want to be Tank-y or a Glass Cannon?

Definitely have to give this some time.
HiTech

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #446 on: January 19, 2017, 04:50:27 PM »
Re-speccing 20+ captains  not all that enjoyable. Can't say I'm really a fan of the new skill tree. Meh, I'll adapt.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »
If you have a captain that can do it, take DE AND IFHE and you will only have a base loss of 1%, if you want to maximize damage.  Toss in the India X-Ray and you've dropped the overall chance to .5% to 0%, depending on gun caliber.

Since cata fighter on CA's was not nerfed to hell, I find the Direction Center skill very useful on my CA's.  So pretty much, any CA that can use a cata fighter, get's DC, and ones that cannot, get Preventative Maintenance.

As for Priority Target, I just don't see that skill super useful to me.  I won't argue that the little bit of extra information is useful (being targeted), but since I ALWAYS assume that I'm being targeted the moment I get "DETECTED" popping up on my HUD, it's a waste of a skill point for me.
HiTech

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2017, 06:16:16 PM »
Only played a few games yesterday after doing my skills. Gonna need time to see what works and why doesn't. Really want IFHE on my Aki, may have to spend some free xp to push him up :).
  What's your thoughts on RPF? To me, seems like an solution to a nonexistent problem. Of course, as DD lover, I may be biased. I did put it on a number of my DD's.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #449 on: January 19, 2017, 06:43:39 PM »
I haven't bothered with that skill just yet.  I rather have AFT on a BB than RPF, for better AA defense.  On something like Atlanta though, I can see it being useful in hunting DD's.  But there is CE in that line as well.  AFT+CE is still a good combo after all, especially on DD gunboats.  Sure, no more invisi-fire (which was a joke), but doesn't actually make it all that less useful as a combo.  Course CE+RPF might be the go-to.  We'll see. :)
HiTech