Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58438 times)

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2015, 04:21:35 AM »
i havent been on in like 2-3 weeks lol
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2015, 04:50:17 AM »
I'm looking forward to the German ships. They're beautiful. So much ugly in the American, British and Japanese fleets, to say nothing of the Russians...
Most Japanese BBs and CAs as well as British BBs are much more attractive than anything German.

I do like German BBs and BCs more than US BBs.  US CAs, mostly, take ugly to new levels.  The Chester and Albany are nice looking old ships though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2015, 05:15:19 AM »
There are other German ships just as beautiful as the Bismarck and Scharnhorst classes.

Admiral Graf Spee is one of my favorites.

The Admiral Hipper class too.

Leipzig class light cruiser.

A low-tier cruiser in the game will perhaps be the WWI Bremen class.

Or perhaps Dresden.

No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2015, 09:21:50 AM »
Takao is much better looking than any of those, at least to me.

http://i.imgur.com/r0B5ucB.jpg
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2015, 10:02:59 AM »
It's a matter of personal taste I guess. I've never liked the Japanese cruiser bows with the wide flares that they seem to have on most of their ships. In any case, it's the ships in the game that I don't find very aesthetically appealing.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »
Takao is much better looking than any of those, at least to me.

http://i.imgur.com/r0B5ucB.jpg

We have the Atago. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2015, 08:51:41 AM »
We have the Atago. :)
For $49.00.  No way in hell I am paying the price of a full game just for a single ship.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »
For $49.00.  No way in hell I am paying the price of a full game just for a single ship.
IKR, I got the Atlanta on sale and haven't paid for any other ship, I go get gold or doubloons to pay to convert xp tho. They have to make money somehow.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2015, 07:44:32 PM »
IKR, I got the Atlanta on sale and haven't paid for any other ship, I go get gold or doubloons to pay to convert xp tho. They have to make money somehow.
Yes.  I bought Yubari to get into closed beta.  I have no problem with companies making money.  I do have a problem with free to play games that are free to play so that they can charge players $500+ for what under the pay to play model would cost $50.  $49.00 for a single ship is absurd.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2015, 11:31:58 PM »
I recall reading in the forum that they wish to add more detail to the tech tree: Light Cruisers, Heavy Cruisers, Battle Cruisers, etc.  The Takao may well be added to a standard line, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

I decided to pick up the Atago (ages ago) and I don't regret it. :)  She's pretty tough for an IJN CA, definitely tougher than the Myoko and Mogami.  Those two, a fart in the wind and my citadel is hit. :(  Still love my Mogami though. :x

Personally, I find WoWs worth investing into.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought anything premium, aside from the Grem, Sims and Yubari which got me into CBT. :aok

That being said, I find the Yubari more along the lines of a Heavy Destroyer than a Light Cruiser.  I can count on one hand where I haven't been citadel'd by anything that shot me.  But she's pretty maneuverable, and her torpedo's pack one hell of a wallop.  Guns are a little slow on the turn, but okay in the RoF.  I find better success sneaking around like a destroyer, even though she can be spotted from ages away.  Ambush, ambush, ambush.

Also: Did you guys pick up your Albany?  It was free and worth 375k if you really wanted to sell her.  This also translates into a free port slot.  I won't sell mine because, despite the fact that she has horrid range, she can actually take little bit of a beating.  And her guns pack a wallop for her tier.

This goes through my head every time I take my Albany out:

"Yes, I said closer!  Move as close as you can, and engage those Star Destroyers at point blank range!"

:D
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2015, 01:23:29 AM »
Yeah I got the Albany, I don't plan on selling any premium/free ship. I like to play all the ships I have(except the Furutaka :( )The Premium/free I have at Albany, Arky Beta, Atlanta, Yubari I thnk all are fun to play some are a challenge but that is part of the fun.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2015, 08:59:09 AM »
I have Albany and Arkansas as well as Yubari.  Arkansas is complete crap though.  Range is much too short and speed is too low.  You either can't shoot back, or you're so far out ahead of all the other BBs that the enemy BBs all focus on you.  Being put in T6 games in it is just....frustrating.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »
I kind of liked the Arkansas. It played well into how I play my BB's of getting in close and blasting away at enemy BB's citadels. I ended up selling it though because I needed the money and I didn't like how it had 0 AA and almost always went up against CVs.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »
The only ship I don't have that is premium, is the Alpha Iwaki.  I'm jelly of those who were in Alpha. :(  I really like my Warspite, despite her bad turret traverse.  You NEED to plan ahead with her due to turret traverse, or you'll just be giving away hits.

Yeah, being in a T6 match with the Beta is gonna make it tough, especially if they have a CV.  Do well in it though, and the creds/xp will be quite good.  Not sure how you can end up out in front of the other BB's, especially at that tier (or any tier).  The Beta isn't exactly the quickest on the lot.  Every time I took my Beta out, I've usually had trouble staying with the fleet.

Are you running a Stock Beta, or did you invest creds into her?

Regardless, I like the Beta.  Can be tricky, but quite rewarding. :aok
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2015, 09:36:21 AM »
You end up ahead because all the other BBs hang back at their maximum range, half again what you have, and you need to sail in closer.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-