Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58456 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2015, 01:47:46 PM »
Ive  done pretty well in the Arky, then again sometimes I die horrible and fast. In terms of Premium ship I think I am done, I have enough fun with the basic ships and I have only seen 1 premium ship that was waay too OP and that was the Kitikami before they took it out. Finally got the Aoba the furutaka grind is rough and I got the Miniekaze MINkaze pfft more like MAXekaze the thing is a beast. With the minekaze I have 17 matches and 21 ships destroyed with an average XP of 1299.41. LOl I cant even tell you how many torps I have launched 52 in the last battle I fought 7 hit lol.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:50:29 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
Never really had a problem dealing with the Kitakami.  Sure, if she got close, you were in a bit of trouble, but the citadel area for her is the same as on the Kuma.  If anything, easier to citadel her.  So once I spotted one, she wasn't an issue after a single salvo most of the time. :t

I didn't bother with the Furutaka, or the Aoba, I free xp'd my way to the Myoko.  Oh, I almost forgot how fun she can be. :x  In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't free xp my way through her.  The Aoba was nice, but her lack of guns tended to urk me a little, which is why I didn't bother.  The Furutaka I actually did buy, but never used her and ended up selling when I realized that I would be able to free xp through her very quickly.  But, since I feel like I'm missing out, I will pick her up after I've reached my two goal ships. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »

Some derping around in the Albany.  It's not as useless as a lot would make her out to be.  But, it takes a spot of luck as well. :D
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2015, 09:45:53 PM »
HiTech

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2015, 06:34:22 AM »
My name starts with H  :noid :uhoh

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »
My name starts with H  :noid :uhoh
too bad tk's don't count
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2015, 08:12:59 PM »
Yeah.  Latrobe and Bullet (Bullet's name begins with a D) are DEFINITELY targets.  As Nate said, "too bad tk's don't count". :devil

I've used Co-Op to land me a few letters already.  I will use Co-Op as "back up".  Saturday night, I won't be playing when I get home from work as I will be attending Wasp3's Memorial in SEAII, though I might do a couple of Co-Op matches after.  But Sunday, if Bullet gets off his arse early enough, we'll be divi'ing up for the day.  I'll hunt my E's then.

What's funny, despite me having like over 100 battles in Co-Op (be closer to 500 if I include CBT), I've never really took a good look at the names.  But if I recall correctly, I think every letter for the contest is available in Co-Op.  The X is the only one I'm not too sure about.  I'll find out soon enough.
HiTech

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2015, 07:45:29 AM »
Is this game worth playing without spending any $, or is it lots of grinding to get decent ships? Sounds like you guys are having fun with it.

Thanks, Buck
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2015, 07:55:30 AM »

My friend was playing with us last night and he has an X in his name..... The entire enemy team singled him out  :rofl

Is this game worth playing without spending any $, or is it lots of grinding to get decent ships? Sounds like you guys are having fun with it.

Thanks, Buck

It's really fun and you don't have to spend a dime on it. You can progress through the early tiers fairly quickly all the way up to tier 6-7 but after that it does become somewhat of a grind so people aren't just getting Tier 10's in everything within a matter of days. Low tiers it only takes around 800-3000 XP to unlock stuff and move on to the next ship and you can easily make 1,000 XP in 1 decent battle, 1,500+ in a good battle, and 2,000+ in a really good battle. you'll get even more XP with the 1.5x boost (sometimes 2x on special occasions) for the first win of the day in that ship, and another 50% XP boost if you have a flag mounted on your ship.

You should give it a try, it's completely free anyways.  :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »
 :rofl

I only need the E's and the X now.  I am hoping to get them on Sunday, the rest are Co-Op letters.

Thanks, Buck

Don't need to spend a cent.  The flags you can get in-game by meeting certain conditions in battle.  However, the grind is there.  I think Latrobe goofed with the numbers though, as those are generally what you get with a Premium Account.  Don't worry though, as the numbers are not too bad for Non-Prem.

The grind-y: An example would be the IJN T5 CA Furutaka.  Very few people like her, with turret traverse, main gun's power and ROF being the primary complaint I hear.  Something like this won't bother me too much since I'm a BB Driver, but I can see how it would definitely get to folks.  Slow turrets on a cruiser are not ideal, more so on IJN CA's since they are a bit squishy.

I free xp'd my way through the Furutaka and Aoba because I wanted my Mogami. :)  The time I spent on the Aoba, my real complaint on her would be her lack of main guns.  I intend to purchase the Furutaka after I hit my 2nd goal ship, the Yamato. :aok
HiTech

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
Maybe I'm just really good at this game? I almost always get 1500 or more XP per battle.  :D

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2015, 03:53:24 PM »
 :furious I just need 2 e's aswell.

Its free o download and try out so cant hurt to try it. I don't find it grindy except when it came to the Furutaka, I tend to keep ships I like and go back and play them often. I could jump to the Colorado right now but I am having way too much fun in the New Mex I decided its a keeper so I have pimped it fully out with the modules.

HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2015, 09:24:46 PM »
AAANNN Marblehead DONE!
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2015, 01:43:49 AM »
AAANNN Marblehead DONE!

Yeah, bite me. :furious

:rofl

Silliness aside, I only need one more letter to finish it myself; the second E.  Finally started seeing E's, but kept getting rekted trying to wiggle my way to em.  Bullet helped me get the E I now have by spotting the CV for me.  Now, if only he hadn't taken that FIRST E, I'd be set. :bhead  lol

It think Nyx revamped the contest a little.  I don't recall seeing the last bit in her OP before.  But IF I am reading it correctly, even if I fail to get the last E I will still get the Marblehead. :aok  I still aim to COMPLETE the task though. :)

Please don't worry too much about me being total stickler on this, and trying to find ways to disqualify you! Go kill some folks and have some fun, then bring your screenshots back here and post them. I don't want anyone to not participate because they are a letter short, or they are worried they won't have time etc. Start yourself a placeholder post, and go sink some red ships. Upload the pics as you get them this week. That is really ALL you have to do - I promise!  Nyx
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »
lol don't screw your team going all HAM after a letter, just do what I did for my last 2 letters and let others take the focus then just nail them from across a map with a Kongo.  :evil:
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep