Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58457 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
I've been using the Mansk a lot in this, but it is certainly not without risk. :noid  I should try using my BB's for the last letter.  Who knows, it may very well pay off.  Besides, I have to start working towards the Yamato now that I have the Mogami. :)  Though, I can't argue with the amount of creds and xp/free xp I obtained on the Mansk either. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2015, 10:57:02 PM »
Well part of the reason I am using the Kongo is for the tier 5 and 7 BB contest you could bet if it included tier 6 I would be rocking the New Mex
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »
I...COMPLETELY forgot about that contest. :o  Guess  Welp, too late to bother with it now.  lol
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2015, 04:52:28 AM »
I find the Japanese BB outclass the American ones
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »
I find the Japanese BB outclass the American ones
I assure you the Kawachi is not a match for a New Mexico or New York.   :P

100% of the times I try to advance my Japanese BB line I end up in a very one sided duel with one of those two BBs.  One one occasion both.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2015, 01:33:13 PM »

100% of the times I try to advance my Japanese BB line I end up in a very one sided duel with one of those two BBs.  One one occasion both.

Kawachi doesn't count

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2015, 01:44:45 PM »
I played it for a bit.  It got to be no fun once I got to the St. Louis.  It was rinse and repeat of any given Samson destroyer taking me out with impunity minutes after a battle started.  I'd be trudging along when a destroyer appears out of nowhere, 2K from me and his torpedoes already near my hull, then he would disappear.

I went back to the Eerie and Hashidate (sp?) to have fun again.  At least there seem to be more balance in those battles.

Tried the South Carolina for a couple of fights.  Same thing.  Destroyers just wiped me out within minutes of a game starting.  Not fun when you have no chance of defending yourself.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:53:54 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2015, 02:22:45 PM »
I played it for a bit.  It got to be no fun once I got to the St. Louis.  It was rinse and repeat of any given Samson destroyer taking me out with impunity minutes after a battle started.  I'd be trudging along when a destroyer appears out of nowhere, 2K from me and his torpedoes already near my hull, then he would disappear.

I went back to the Eerie and Hashidate (sp?) to have fun again.  At least there seem to be more balance in those battles.

Tried the South Carolina for a couple of fights.  Same thing.  Destroyers just wiped me out within minutes of a game starting.  Not fun when you have no chance of defending yourself.
I've had similar experiences with the Nagato.  First fight in her I had to wait over five minutes, despite the claimed max if 5 minutes, to get into a match where upon a Tier X carrier dropped torps from an unavoidable range (I was turning as fast as I could) and destroyed me about a minute into the game.  I have since had repeated fights where torpedo planes take out my BBs by dropping torps from ranges at which their is literally nothing I can do to avoid them.

I have not had your DD experience though.  I generally avoid DD torps and, often even in BBs, manage to kill the DD.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2015, 02:39:52 PM »
Yeah the BB matchmaker cam be brutal, the plan dropped torps is one of the top 2 most complained about issue(the other is match making) it used to not be sd bad but people complained so they reduced the range so now the other half(non cv drivers) are complaining(mie included). I just start turning as soon as I see an aircraft within 8k of me. If I know there is a DD near by I start turning and try not to eat torps it helps that I have played DD's and I know where the dds like to hang out so I rarely eat dd torps myself anymore and as with Kanak I usually take them out now.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »
I wish I had recorded the worst one.

I quite literally was looking toward open water.  No smoke.  Suddenly a destroyer appeared 1.2K from me and his torps appeared as well, as they were about to hit me.  He, quite literally, came out of nowhere.  As soon as his torps hit me, he disappeared again.  Then reappeared at about 4.5K.  Still in open water and no smoke to be seen.

One of the other players commented, "Why did you drive right to that destroyer?".  Apparently the other player could see him, but I could not.

That was the worst case.

Plane torps are pretty ugly and can catch you by surprise if you are not careful.  They seem to be able to disappear as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »

I quite literally was looking toward open water.  No smoke.  Suddenly a destroyer appeared 1.2K from me and his torps appeared as well, as they were about to hit me.  He, quite literally, came out of nowhere.  As soon as his torps hit me, he disappeared again.  Then reappeared at about 4.5K.  Still in open water and no smoke to be seen.

One of the other players commented, "Why did you drive right to that destroyer?".  Apparently the other player could see him, but I could not.

That was the worst case.

Plane torps are pretty ugly and can catch you by surprise if you are not careful.  They seem to be able to disappear as well.
I've heard that complained about a lot were you in your gun sight and fully zomed in? It may be some kind of bug I have been zoomed in and had bb's disappear before  at longer ranges had to zoom out a notch and they popped back up.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »
The TB dropping point blank really needs to be fixed. It's nearly impossible to dodge even in a Destroyer. They should increase the lethality and accuracy of AA the closer the aircraft are to you.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »
I've heard that complained about a lot were you in your gun sight and fully zomed in? It may be some kind of bug I have been zoomed in and had bb's disappear before  at longer ranges had to zoom out a notch and they popped back up.

At that time, I was in right-click-look-around-mode.

I would call it a bug.  I cannot imagine it is intentional.  It just makes playing the game really frustrating, instead of challenging.

I typically use the <SHIFT> to zoom, so I am not wearing out my mouse wheel. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2015, 09:52:20 PM »
The TB dropping point blank really needs to be fixed. It's nearly impossible to dodge even in a Destroyer. They should increase the lethality and accuracy of AA the closer the aircraft are to you.

I agree.  However, the survivability of TB's has been lowered.  I don't know where this kicks in though, you'd have to ask Bullet.

That was the worst case.

Yeah, DD detection range is a PITA and Manual drop from the TB's is just as bad.  If you haven't already, pick up the Captain Skill Situational Awareness (if you have reached that level).  It will help you out quite a bit with DD's.  With it, 9/10 you've been surface detected but see nothing, it's a DD.  If you don't have HE loaded when this happens, depending on your reload, start loading HE.  If your reload will take you some time, just toggle HE to be loaded next shot.  Usually when I have this happen in my BB, I already have AP loaded.  So I'll toggle HE for my next set of rounds and try to crit the DD with my AP, if I don't outright destroy it; which has happened. :t.

I spent most of my time in PvE in the Kawachi, but I have used her in PvP.  She does have bad range, and this will net you trouble in PvP.  You need to be sneaky, using land as cover to close the distance and/or keep your nose on them, or get plain lucky. :)  Once you've closed the distance, she'll surprise you with how much damage she can do.
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2015, 04:43:16 AM »
At that time, I was in right-click-look-around-mode.

I would call it a bug.  I cannot imagine it is intentional.  It just makes playing the game really frustrating, instead of challenging.

I typically use the <SHIFT> to zoom, so I am not wearing out my mouse wheel. :)
Well in the patch notes for today's patch there is a point that engine boost no longer effects ship's visibility so maybe that was a bug?
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep