Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58455 times)

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2015, 01:44:51 AM »
I don't think you have to sink them unless it's the 1v1. I won a battle against the phantom fleet, but it was no contest. It was like 15 on 5 or 6. I still don't know how to get my "reward".
Lizard3

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2015, 01:49:36 AM »
From my understanding, rewards will hit on Monday's.  EX: You win 5 times, you get those 5 rewards all on Monday's.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2015, 06:15:19 AM »
:rofl

So who has sunk Salem Witch and/or Phantom Fortress yet?  I won't have a crack at them till Friday. :(
I got the CV solo last night in my Farragut lol. I went right up the middle and there it was in the friggin middle of the map, thing runs aground and eats all of my torps. I died shortly after; then the guy controlling the CV blames aunto steering.  so I told him auto steering didn't put the island there. He says the thing is underpowered he was 0-9 inn it and if I felt that way too I should make  a post. I told him I don't know if it was under powered as I killed it too fast to see what kinda power it had.  :devil :banana:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:17:00 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2015, 12:24:45 PM »
Yeah.  They suffer a massive speed decrease.  The Salem Witch tops out at 16.1knts, this from a video I watch of PhlyDaily playing her.  Phantom Fortress will required a skilled CV player to use to her full, while Salem Witch will only need an average player.  Phantom Fortress is an Essex from my understanding, while Salem Witch is a De Moines.  I've already seen some complaints about them, either just sitting there, derping, or owning everything.  The sitting there I see as a valid complaint.  I expect a "Boss" to put up a fight and wrecking people.  I would be disappointed if it were too easy.  It's the other complaint, them owning everything, that I find stupid.  They are meant to be a Boss.  They are suppose to be tough to deal with.

Ah well.  I did note that there is a Halloween Camo you can use that is +100% to XP, but at the cost of 30 gold.  I will likely use it to help push for Yamato faster, but we'll see. :)

EDIT: 16.5knts for Salem Witch.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:54:33 PM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2015, 02:42:33 PM »
I never play games that allow folks to purchase a cheat. I only play games where you have to play to get better.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
I guess I'm right with you there ^^^

I have played 3 games online total my whole life.

AirWarrior

WarBirds

AcesHigh   (the best one evah)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2015, 03:13:16 PM »
If everyone is free to purchase the same cheats then they are not cheats.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »
And 98% is free in WoW. It's the first one of theirs I've played, so I don't know how the others work. I read about "golden ammo" in WoT so I decided against that.

I battled the Phantoms again. Team sucked so we lost. 1-1 now.
Lizard3

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »
If everyone is free to purchase the same cheats then they are not cheats.
They also don't seem to make you better at the game, just earn EXP or money faster.  The purchasable ships are better than the base earned ships in their tier, but not as good as the fully upgraded earned ships in their tier.  As a free to play they have to make money somehow.

I do think the ships are grossly overpriced though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
They also don't seem to make you better at the game, just earn EXP or money faster.  The purchasable ships are better than the base earned ships in their tier, but not as good as the fully upgraded earned ships in their tier.  As a free to play they have to make money somehow.

YUp I havent seen a premium ship come out that didnt have serious drawbacks, in an effort to maintain balance only 1 ship I saw could completely run a fight and that was the KItikami.

HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2015, 09:48:19 AM »
Put in some work with the Tier 4 Soviet DD

HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »

So basically putting in the grind time gets you further ahead than buying the good stuff?  Are you comparing fully upgraded purchasable ships (if they can be upgraded) to fully upgraded earned ships?

That's kind of interesting if it's as I stated above.  Although I'm guessing the grind is likely pretty onerous to get to the top shelf earned stuff.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »
So basically putting in the grind time gets you further ahead than buying the good stuff?  Are you comparing fully upgraded purchasable ships (if they can be upgraded) to fully upgraded earned ships?

That's kind of interesting if it's as I stated above.  Although I'm guessing the grind is likely pretty onerous to get to the top shelf earned stuff.

Wiley.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »
If you know what you atr doing you can get by with the stock ships, yeah you'll take some lumps but by time yu have the final hull of a ship they can go toe-to-toe with any purchased ship in thier tier. I've wrecked people in thier Tirpitzii in my Coloroado before.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2015, 11:26:09 AM »
If you know what you atr doing you can get by with the stock ships, yeah you'll take some lumps but by time yu have the final hull of a ship they can go toe-to-toe with any purchased ship in thier tier. I've wrecked people in thier Tirpitzii in my Coloroado before.

I remember one match my T6 New Mexico citadel'd a T8 North Carolina to death. Any ship can kill any other ship in this game. I thought the Tirpitz was going to be a much bigger threat than what it turned out to be but I don't fear it at all in my North Carolina. Each salvo is almost always doing 12K damage to them and I'll take minimal damage in return. Of course, a big part of this is because I know what I'm doing and most Tirpitz drivers are people with less than 10 minutes of playtime and just went out, bought a Tirpitz, and have no idea what they're doing.