Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58493 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2015, 12:30:07 PM »
YUp I havent seen a premium ship come out that didnt have serious drawbacks, in an effort to maintain balance only 1 ship I saw could completely run a fight and that was the KItikami.

That depended on who was in the boat as well.  I was in a match where a Kiti sank 4 ships with one full salvo (40 torps), but they were both enemy and allied.  I also ate 2 of her torpedoes, which....hurt. :bhead  I did get out of that match alive, even if it was a loss. :)

I was really thinking about picking her up, but she vanished. :(  Personally, I'd love to see her back.  The question is, HOW will they nerf her?

So basically putting in the grind time gets you further ahead than buying the good stuff?  Are you comparing fully upgraded purchasable ships (if they can be upgraded) to fully upgraded earned ships?

That's kind of interesting if it's as I stated above.  Although I'm guessing the grind is likely pretty onerous to get to the top shelf earned stuff.

Wiley.

Yes and No.

No:
If you put in the gold, you can convert the xp on a premium ship into free xp to use on other ships, much like Elite ships.  However, premium ships earn more xp than their elite counterparts, as well as credits.  Captains can be trained on them without having to deal with retraining them to the premium ship.  Example: I can take my Kawachi Captain and move him to my Atago to get him trained up, then move him back to my Kawachi without having to retrain him to the Atago, then back to Kawachi.  Now if I took my Kawachi Captain, moved him to Atago then on to my Kongo, THEN I would have to retrain him.  But the retrain would only be for Kongo.  The other thing to note is the repair costs of high tier ships.  They are...expensive.  You can very easily have no credits in a few bad matches where you are sunk quickly in T8-10.  Premium ships do wonders, more so than elite ships, in the credits department.  The T5 premiums are very solid in netting credits while not be so high in tier that you will lose out if you have a few bad matches.

Yes:
When OBT hit, Atago and Atlanta were pulled after a day or two because a lot of new guys were buying these ships and immediately getting wrecked and/or team killing (not intentional) with torpedoes.  I think after a week had passed, they put them back into the shop.  By putting in the time grinding, you learn the class better not to mention that your captain will be around what he should be in terms of tier as you progress.

The grind is real, regardless if you use premium ships or not in the grind.  But you'll generally have more credits with the use of premium ships than without.

In the end, you don't need premium ships.  You don't need premium anything, but I would recommend you keep a few other tiers around.  I'd go nutz if was stuck on Izumo, not to mention broke.  I need my CA fix as well, and I love to derp around with my Kawachi and Myogi. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »
So basically putting in the grind time gets you further ahead than buying the good stuff?  Are you comparing fully upgraded purchasable ships (if they can be upgraded) to fully upgraded earned ships?

That's kind of interesting if it's as I stated above.  Although I'm guessing the grind is likely pretty onerous to get to the top shelf earned stuff.

Wiley.
Premium ships are as is when purchased.  There are no upgraded hulls, guns or rangefinders for them.  You can install modules same as earned ships, but as it is just like earned ships it isn't an advantage.  Premium ships range from crap, like the Clemson and  Yubari, to pretty competitive like the Murmansk and Tirpitz, but even in the best case (Murmansk) are not pay to win over the earned ships.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
Premium ships are as is when purchased.  There are no upgraded hulls, guns or rangefinders for them.  You can install modules same as earned ships, but as it is just like earned ships it isn't an advantage.  Premium ships range from crap, like the Clemson and  Yubari, to pretty competitive like the Murmansk and Tirpitz, but even in the best case (Murmansk) are not pay to win over the earned ships.

The one exception is Sims.  It has a torpedo upgrade to increase the range and a very slight improvement to reload, at the loss of speed and damage.  Also, Clemson is in the standard tree, she is not a premium ship. :)  Maybe you meant the Albany?
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2015, 06:18:29 PM »
The one exception is Sims.  It has a torpedo upgrade to increase the range and a very slight improvement to reload, at the loss of speed and damage.  Also, Clemson is in the standard tree, she is not a premium ship. :)  Maybe you meant the Albany?
No, Sims.

Albany was awarded so I don't count it in the premiums as new players can't get it.  It is pretty bad though.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »
Albany is a derp ship. :)  I don't intend on selling mine as, for obvious reasons, she's rare to see. :aok
HiTech

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »
Derping around tonight and tomorrow - PM me for some fleet action!
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2015, 08:32:15 PM »
Albany is a derp ship. :)  I don't intend on selling mine as, for obvious reasons, she's rare to see. :aok
Still got mine too.  Don't use it much, but no plans on selling it either.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #217 on: October 25, 2015, 04:14:40 AM »
give it a bit more time and you will have to have good mod packs just to half ways compete just like world of tanks, sure you can play with out warpack but your not gonna compete with those who do have it, i give it a year maybe and they will have took over like on world of tanks
G3-MF

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: October 25, 2015, 08:03:45 AM »
Don't use Warpak, still solid blue/purple...  Try focusing on doing well instead of crutches like cheats. 

Offline JMD413

• Zinc Member
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
So, after seeing the posts on this I decided to give it a go.  It really is a fun game.  They do a good job of easing you into everything (signals, upgrades etc.) with a gentle learning curve.  I am liking the BB and CA so far.  DD's can be a real challenge in a BB though, so watch out!  Torps are OP lol. 

P.S. Citadel hits in a BB can be EPIC!  :devil
Venom

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »
Oh yeah!  :x  Will be better for new guys with the upcoming patch:

Introductory Mission

An Introductory Mission will be available for newcomers. The Introductory Mission will help new players learn the game basics, when they log in to the game for the first time.

So if you found it easy to get into it, then I can only imagine how it will be once the patch hits. :)

I really like the BB line, so much so that I intend to keep EVERY BB that comes out, no matter how bad they might be.  Hell, I still have my Kawachi. :D  I'm 130k away from Yamato and when the 1st wins hit (which is 7pm Central in my case), I'll be able to push for her tonight.  I was at 242k yesterday before the 1st wins hit then went to sleep after picking them up; woke up with 134k left to go. :D  Didn't check before I went to sleep, so it was a nice surprise for me. :x

Also, I scored a 1 hit kill on another Izumo last night.  Yep.  Only a single shell hit him, and he was at full HP. :t  If you thought citadel's are satisfying, wait until you mag someone. :D
HiTech

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2015, 07:51:36 PM »
So, after seeing the posts on this I decided to give it a go.  It really is a fun game.  They do a good job of easing you into everything (signals, upgrades etc.) with a gentle learning curve.  I am liking the BB and CA so far.  DD's can be a real challenge in a BB though, so watch out!  Torps are OP lol. 

P.S. Citadel hits in a BB can be EPIC!  :devil

Those citadel hits are just so addicting! But nothing quite beats killing a full health BB with 1 salvo of torps!  :devil

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2015, 12:49:30 AM »
Those citadel hits are just so addicting! But nothing quite beats killing a full health BB with 1 shell from your BB!  :devil

FIXED. :devil
HiTech

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2015, 01:13:07 AM »
You should try the test, it's a freakin blast. You do a match and you can move up to the next tier. I was sitting on 2 billion credits in 6 hours. Billion. Just like in the real game though I can't figure a line to run, so I do em all a couple matches at a time. And gee whiz that Cleveland is fun. Had a blast in the T-7 jap dd, 10k torps are fun but dangerous...no TKs though. :evil:  BamaRama in .ru test...
Lizard3

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2015, 05:32:44 AM »
Now I can start messing with DD's and CV's. :D  2nd goal ship reached! :x
HiTech