Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58422 times)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #285 on: December 25, 2015, 07:32:40 AM »
 I have seen DDs flash in and out of sight well under 3k, sometimes as close as 1 k away and without smoke screen.
The game definetly has some bugs

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: December 25, 2015, 07:52:50 AM »
I've seen stuff flash in and out of sight too, when my connection was crappy.  That's not what he is describing though.   I fully agree the game is not perfect but it's not as described above either. 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #287 on: December 26, 2015, 06:16:14 AM »
I have seen DDs flash in and out of sight well under 3k, sometimes as close as 1 k away and without smoke screen.
The game definetly has some bugs

Exactly what I was describing.  It has happened more than one time, but the one I chose to describe was the only time it was blatant enough another player confirmed it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:38:55 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #288 on: December 26, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »
You said:
" In one game, me an a South Carolina were left against one DD.  I was running parallel to our BB and the DD was less than 3K from me, but I could not see him.  He did not show up for me, no matter what I did with my vis range.  All the while our BB was yelling at me, "SHOOT HIM!  WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?"  The guy in the BB could see him,. but I could not.  Our BB guy called my every name in the book he could get away with.  All I could do is say, "I cannot see him!""

You are declaring as facts that the dd was within 3k of you for an extended period of time and you never saw him.  This is entirely different than flashing in and out of view due to lag issues which is what Cobia said and I agreed with him as I have seen it too.  Clearly not the same thing.

Let's deconstruct this a bit more.  You say the BB could see the DD and thus you know he was 3k or less away from you.  The way the spotting mechanics work in WOT and WOW is when one can see, all can see.  It's not overly intuitive, but that's the way the system works.  Once lit by one ship, the spotted ship is view able by all.  Once they are no longer spotable by anyone on your side, they go dark again and are invis to all.  You can have a situation where a DD gets caught within view range and pops smoke or gets back out of view range quickly.  They would appear then disappear within a few seconds as they no longer meet the "spotted" criteria.

In this case, the dd was most likely operating at the edge of visible range and properly getting out of range once he was spotted.  You were not paying attention enough to take advantage of the times he was spotted.  The other guy was a loud mouth idiot and you were generally clueless.

Time and again, you are describing things in a way that demonstrate a lack of understanding of how the game mechanics work and blaming other things for your lack of understanding.

For example:  "He did not show up for me, no matter what I did with my vis range."  While you can train skills to increase vis range, there is nothing you can do in battle to adjust your vis range.  The statement is impossible. 

For example:  "DD's are a mystery to me.  It is why I really could not get into the game.  Kept getting sunk and never seeing the ship that did it."
Nothing mysterious about the spotting mechanics once you understand them.  Not seeing who sunk you is because you A) were not paying attention or B) If sunk by torps, you keep driving in a straight line instead of basic maneuvering once in a while.  No one beyond the newb levels drive in a straight line for extended periods of time when under fire.  Good players almost never get torped because they don't just drive straight for the several minutes it takes for torps to get to them.

For example:  "I have found I cannot take on a BB with HE rounds.  I hit a South Carolina one game with 121 rounds and she kept on going.  In another game I hit a South Caroline with 68 AP rounds and took her down.  Both showed full health when we started."

What is odd about this?  Nothing.  Lets talk game mechanics again.  HE rounds are effective against anything as the cause blast damage and light fires.  AP rounds, if they penetrate, can cause considerably more damage when they strike key components such as the bridge, engine room etc.  If your AP rounds can pen, most use them.  If they can't pen, they cause no damage.  It's not odd at all for AP rounds to cause more HP of damage as long as they penetrate. Otherwise, HE them and burn them down.  If you are are in a cruiser shooting a BB with HE is the way to go most of the time as AP rarely penetrates.  So you saying you hit him 121 times with with HE and caused little to no damage seems rather improbable.  Survived, maybe, but not unscathed as you indicated.

For example:  Your mysterious SC story." His Carolina was firing rounds faster than they could land on a target, and his turret rotation was instantaneous."

Ship specs are not like AH, they are server side.  All metrics such as acceleration, turning speeds, reload times etc are supposedly server side.  The client requests and action and the server executes if possible and reports the results back to the client.  What you are describing is someone who hacked the server but only for his SC and not anyone elses. That seems rather improbable.

While one can reasonably criticize the game, your claims keep coming across as lacking an understanding of how things work and questionable factually.  That is why I'm questioning your statements.  Try not to be hyper defensive and listen to what is being said. 

Merry Christmas Skuzzy. 

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #289 on: December 26, 2015, 07:59:44 AM »
 in RL you can not "hide" a 300+ ft  destroyer  at 3k or even 5k for that matter,i find the whole invisable ship thing very dweeby

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: December 26, 2015, 09:42:10 AM »
in RL you can not "hide" a 300+ ft  destroyer  at 3k or even 5k for that matter,i find the whole invisable ship thing very dweeby

Agreed that the spotting system metric is not overly intuitive and gamey.  It does add some level of gameplay that would not exist otherwise.  The value of that though is debatable.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #291 on: December 26, 2015, 11:24:46 AM »
I have alot of games played and I have myself seen dds drop out within 3-1k but the reason for that is I was in the smoke, now if the bb skuzzy was talkin about did indeed have sight of the enemy dd and Skuzzy was IN the smoke cloud he may nt have seen the other dd. When you are in smoke you really cant tell except to look at the edges of your screen. DD's can burn down BBS with HE rounds you just have to get some fires going and keep them going. Last night in the new Polish DD I hit a New MEx something like 150+ times and it took forever to burn him down. LOL actually had 2 bbs burning at the same time the polish DD is pretty beastly
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 11:31:38 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2015, 04:16:27 PM »
If you are close enough to the smoke, it "disappears" (to help with frame rate I think).  I'm talking just being close to the edge, not actually in it.  I've noticed this myself a few times.  For me, every time I'm detected while in a DD, I get fired on.  The exception being if they are not paying attention and/or I have smoke going.  They have to work on the smoke a bit, that's for sure.  It shouldn't "disappear" unless you are actually in it, not near it.  Could be that if they can't see into the smoke, you can't see out of it either.  I can count on one hand the times where I would lose sight of a ship after I got my smoke going and I wasn't retreating.

If I recall correctly, we also travel at least double of what it says we are doing, to cover the distances on maps.  Otherwise the match would end before anyone fire a shot.  One of the Developer's Diary's mentions this more clearly.  Play CV's and zoom in on one of your squadrons, you'll notice the AC's travel at a VERY high speed.  Even the T4 planes would give a 163 a run for it's money, if they don't out right smoke her.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: December 28, 2015, 10:05:46 AM »
Anyone want a World of Warships code?

I recently got an upgrade for my PC and with it came a WoWs code. Unfortunately for me it can only be used with a new account. Kind of useless when I already have an account.  :(

So anyone thinking of getting into WoWs and want a little boost, or have a friend they want to get into the game? The code can ONLY be used with a new account and will give the person a Diana Cruiser and 15 days of Premium.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #294 on: December 28, 2015, 11:34:23 AM »
got me my first perk ship,the Blyskawica  DD

its alot of fun and great for farming xp/coins

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: December 28, 2015, 12:41:40 PM »
got me my first perk ship,the Blyskawica  DD

its alot of fun and great for farming xp/coins

Isn't it tho? Me and 2 squadmates(also in the BBoat) held down a side of the map with the help of a Cleveland against 2 Clevelands 3 dds and 2 New Mexicos the thing can pump out some damage when you focus fire stuff and use smoke and land for cover
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: December 28, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »

For a non-premium, non-elite ship, I would say I did somewhat okay. :)  Not too many citadel's simply because I was working on the fire stage of that 3 stage mission for Emden.
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #297 on: December 28, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »
researched colorado but did not buy it,i,m going to skip it and go straight to the NC,need about 60 k more xp  :x
i just hope its not a disapointment

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #298 on: December 31, 2015, 07:48:59 AM »
Welp, finally reached Shokaku.  I skipped Ryujo though (just free xp'd my way past her), but kept my other CV's.  Won't keep it like that though, and will be picking her up later when I have the creds.  Shokaku was a touch expensive, but that is the down side of keeping ships.  Prices for each ships having modules does put a drain on ya.  Skipping Ryujo let me get Shokaku that much faster though.
HiTech

Offline WaffenVW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #299 on: December 31, 2015, 03:42:15 PM »
Let's inject some Armored Warfare into this exceedingly World Of Warships dominated thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACZc7z-Ye7M