Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58461 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:29 PM »
What ship are you using?

Right now, Langley, Kolberg, Wyoming and the Tier IV Russian DD.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2016, 10:41:05 PM »
When you get into the higher tiers, you'll find it easier to hit citadel's.  At this point, only your WY has the best chance of this despite her dispersion.  Once you reach the Karlsruhe, you should find it easier to hit citadel's.  The Kolberg won't accomplish this easily unless you are fairly close and they are showing their broadside to you.  Even then I don't make any guarantee's. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2016, 12:26:25 AM »
When you get into the higher tiers, you'll find it easier to hit citadel's.  At this point, only your WY has the best chance of this despite her dispersion.  Once you reach the Karlsruhe, you should find it easier to hit citadel's.  The Kolberg won't accomplish this easily unless you are fairly close and they are showing their broadside to you.  Even then I don't make any guarantee's. :aok
Man you should just focus on powering through the Karlsruhe to the Koenisgberg, I dont think the German cruisers are really cit monsters compares to US and IJN
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: February 17, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »
Welp, with my machine cooked I haven't been able to see how the new patch rolls.  Lucked out that the Kamikaze R was put up for sale though, and picked her up today.  I MIGHT still have a shot at getting Tachibana if I get the parts in soon enough, but will depend on when I get my return.  If not, I talked to Niko about her and he did tell me they will definitely run another event for her at a later date.  So if I miss out, I'll have a shot later.  Hopefully that event kicks in before end of this year if I fail before this deadline. :)

So, how bad is it?  I know the patch nerfed Mogami, with what they did with B/AFT.  In a small way I understand, but at the same time, still a PITA.  Won't change my gun preference with Mogami though.  Those 6" guns will do a LOT of damage, both HE and AP. :D
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2016, 05:58:58 PM »
they now have team battles,and some new capt skills,other then that not much.
  everyone is crying about the torp spam now,seem jap DDs are getting more attention,i dont play them so i wouldent know.
 It would be nice to get some peeps from here together for some team play though.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2016, 06:14:44 PM »
If you guys are interested in Team battles, check out the Great White Fleet and tell them rabbit sent you.  A pretty solid group of guys.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #321 on: February 19, 2016, 10:56:23 AM »
I'm a little curious about that manual targeting of secondaries, and how that is working out so far.  The way I saw it worded would make it seem like you MUST manually target stuff for your secondaries, or they won't shoot at anything.  I highly doubt that is the case, though I am curious to how much better it makes them. :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: February 19, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
I'm a little curious about that manual targeting of secondaries, and how that is working out so far.  The way I saw it worded would make it seem like you MUST manually target stuff for your secondaries, or they won't shoot at anything.  I highly doubt that is the case, though I am curious to how much better it makes them. :headscratch:
I belive someone in the fleet I belong to pointed out that the accuracy increases when you focus, I forget the percentage.. I have no problem with manually focusing the secondaries ans I was already in the habit.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2016, 12:12:25 PM »
Yeah, it's habitual for me as well.  I am just curious to how much better it is now.  There is suppose to be a noticeable increase to their accuracy with the skill vs without, both against AC and ships.  I won't be able to find out for myself for a little bit longer.

Since the parts my machine is made from are no longer made, I've opted to upgrade while I was at it.  New MB/RAM/CPU/VC/SSD will cost me a little over 1500.  My friend swears by intel at the moment, so I'm leaning very much towards getting an intel board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132561

That's the board.  His is the Mark S, which is marginally better and has a fancy white plastic cover. lol  I didn't keep the list of parts I was planning on using (didn't not save the list by mistake), but fortunately my friend has the list.  My machine will match his with the board and one vc as exception (he has 2).  They are 4g Nvidia VC's, which means I will be able to run WoWs at max. :D  My 2 Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X's were running WoWs at near max, only keeping water and shadow's at med, and AA off; everything else was maxed.  I was still netting a decent 35+/- FPS, even with 4 cv's; 2 Midway's and 2 Hakuryu's.  Yeah, there were a couple of AC in the air in that one. :noid

Oh boy, the resetting of configurations is gonna be PITA.  WoWs, WT, SCII/Diablo III, AH; not to mention the games I have on Steam. :noid  Ah well, that's why I got a 1TB SSD, so I can have fresh things installed. :aok
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2016, 07:23:51 PM »
Ah, was able to put in for the parts today:

With my old machine cooked, getting an upgrade:

Motherboard
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2/USB 3.1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132561

CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369&cm_re=Intel_core_i7-4790K_4.0_ghz-_-19-117-369-_-Product

RAM
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model CMD32GX3M4A1866C9

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233393

VC
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X OC EDITION

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125685&cm_re=Gigabyte_GeForce_GTX_970_4GB-_-14-125-685-_-Product

SSD
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E1T0B/AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147374

These are the parts I have in mind.  How will this machine hold up?  How close can I "absolute max" the graphics?  I'm only getting one VC at the moment but may opted for a 2nd one later.  The reason I ask here is because I'm taking AH3 into account with this build and I figured I'd post into this thread rather than creating a new one.  I'm fairly certain that if she'll run AH3 well, I will have no problems with other games. :aok

It's gonna be great to use AA again. :D  Have no clue why my Vapor-X's won't work with AA for the past couple years... :(

Will be nice test out the Anshan, Kamikaze R and Lo Yang once the parts are in.  I'm drooling at the maxed graphics already...  Yes, I spent $50 on the Lo Yang, a reskinned Benson(?).  I did mention earlier that I'm a bit of a collector. :)  I MIGHT be able to pull off the Tachibana depending on day of parts arrival as they are next day air.  If they get in before Saturday, I should be able to pull it off.  I only need 7 more kills for that stage; then it's 600 hits, 50 fires and 1mil damage.  That won't be a problem as Mogami hasn't failed me in those areas.  I'm aware of the nerf, but I've spent a lot of time inside it's pre-nerf range, racking up the fires for Myoko.  It's gonna be a hard push, that's for sure.
HiTech

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2016, 09:02:28 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSY18SA6q2k

I have a TS and a group of guys who play also have a Team by the name of Arson can look me up in game or pm me on here. VuduVince in game.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2016, 09:38:56 PM »
I miss all of my ships... :(  I'm hoping the parts get in in time for me to get Tachibana.  With her, it'll be 44 ships to mess with. :x
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2016, 07:16:11 AM »
And done.  Machine is upgraded and working quite nicely.  WoWs looks so much better now. :D  Did a couple of matches and now only need 2 kills before I can start on the 600 hits.  If things go well enough, I can pick up the kills next match then start working the hits.  I might use Atlanta for that, since the turret rotation on the 155's for Mogami are horrid slow. :bhead
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2016, 08:51:17 PM »
N.O. Love from me
8 cits on 2 atagos at less then 10 k dodging torps from them and a kiev.
I have been enjoying the N.O. she is not a bad ship. The other 4 cits came against a Cleveland that I didnt get the kill on :(
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2016, 02:52:43 AM »
I cheated I bought by tier VII Atlanta until I got my tier VII Pensacola :devil got my tier V New York and Tier V dd and cv all American of course
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait