Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58418 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #345 on: May 29, 2016, 12:13:25 AM »
I am so glad thye fixed the North Carolina's dispersion she is actually playable now

EDIT: I just had this running battle with 2 Tirpitzii before it was cut short by a kagero torp or 3 the first one I hit 38 times and he ended up running behind a mountain before I turned to the 2nd that was 10-6k off my stern the whole time hit him 19 times :) Sofar The Tirpitz has turned into NC fodder i have been roughing them up
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:30:54 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #346 on: May 29, 2016, 02:08:25 AM »
Some USS Texas game play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cOjVWQC5io

That dispersion though. lol  It's annoying when you see a shot from one turret go high/low like that. :bhead  She's got her advantages though, like her insane AA.  If you see a T4, you can practically ignore them, specially the Hosho's planes.  Not say it's a wise thing to do though.  :aok

I am so glad thye fixed the North Carolina's dispersion she is actually playable now

EDIT: I just had this running battle with 2 Tirpitzii before it was cut short by a kagero torp or 3 the first one I hit 38 times and he ended up running behind a mountain before I turned to the 2nd that was 10-6k off my stern the whole time hit him 19 times :) Sofar The Tirpitz has turned into NC fodder i have been roughing them up

I heard she wasn't overly good before, guess it's different now.  I am only as far as the NM right now, but slowly working my way towards Monty.  So I'll find out exactly how she handles.  It's a change from IJN BB's though.  For me, it's night and day, but it doesn't make them any less fun. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2016, 04:50:08 PM »
Makes it far easier penetrate armor, which if your citadel takes a hit (is very likely with your side exposed), will do CONSIDERABLE damage.  Much like with tanks, if you expose your side to an enemy, you'll very likely get knocked out.  Angling helps prevent you from getting destroyed.  Doesn't guarantee it, but increases your chances of surviving by quite a bit.  Now obvious factors come into play as well.  An angling CA will still take a beating from a BB due to the simple fact that BB's have big guns, but I've bounce shells from BB's because of it.  I've also been outright destroyed.  It will depend on how good of a shot the other guy is, and if Mistress RNG graces him with love.
:salute thank you for the explanation its helps to understand it. some of the navel battles I read they won because of crossing the T with the enemy.  :cheers:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
In the 1700s when they had ships of the line, crossing the T was a classic move. Back then the ships had one or two small cannon on the bow. The bulk of the firepower was to port or starboard sides. Crossing the T brought the bulk of your cannon to bare on your enemy.

By WWII the guns could traverse and this changed naval tactics greatly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »
Well, the ARP missions seemed to have been toned down, or I didn't look closely at the screenshot I saw a month+ ago.  :noid  I recall seeing that it would require 20million damage total (damage totaled from all stages) to get Kirishima (very likely more for Haruna based off of her 1.3mill total current).  So I was a bit surprised when I saw it will only require 800k total.  I figured something was up when I saw that it would only be up for a month.  "One month for 20mil damage, just for one ship???  Oh boy...".  The last stage in both be easy peasy, placing top 5 via XP.  Unless I get taken out fairly quick or just end up on the other side of the targets, it's difficult not to place top 3, let alone top 5. :D
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2016, 04:42:09 PM »

The ARP Missions have resulted in my best Fuso game to date.  Focused on Haruna's Challenge right now, then with Haruna, going to pick up Kirishima. :D  If I didn't have to work early tomorrow, I could pick both up before the end of the day. :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2016, 06:03:30 PM »
And done...

Took longer than I wanted, but work kinda got in the way.  :noid  Could have easily gotten them both in one sitting. :)

Unfortunately, only Haruna uses her voice actress.  Kirishima uses Iona at the moment.  Apparently someone goofed and put Kirishima's voice files in the wrong area and/or they haven't been fully completed (all recordings done).  But there might be a "fix" in the forum for it.  Not gonna bother with the fix and wait for WG to take care of it.  Though if they take too long, I might use the fix. :)
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »
Well, Mikasa is now available via completing a set of missions.  At first I was: :x.  Then I saw the total amount of kills REQUIRED to get her: :bhead

Kind of surprised.  For a ship that WGNA refuses to sell in the premium shop for, and I'm quoting:

Mikasa is a collector's ship for history fans.

It is Tier 2 BB, which is very slow and clumsy. We don't want to offer it to general public and get negative impressions.

We consider giving it away as reward ship or maybe sell to experienced players through in-game personal offerings.

They sure made it a hassle to obtain her with a 150 kill TOTAL requirement.  I guess the plus to it is, it is not tier restricted. :noid
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2016, 03:29:47 PM »
Which is resulting in a bit of clubbing:

:devil

EDIT: Also, that is my 2nd Kraken today.  This is the 1st one:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 04:16:22 PM by Volron »
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
They better put that Texas 'Murica' skin on sale too for those of us that have the Texas :(.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2016, 12:00:57 PM »
This is what I've gathered:

The skin will be available in-game for 1k doubloons when 5.8 hits, but for only a short time.  The only thing I'm not overly sure is WHEN we'll see it.  One post says 3weeks AFTER 5.8, it will be available.  Another post says it'll be available when 5.8 hits :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2016, 06:46:26 PM »
Yesterday I completed the 10/20 kills mission.  Today I did the 30 kills mission, so it's going well towards Mikasa.  If I had starting pushing hard out the gate, I'd be VERY close, if not already working on the 50 kills mission.  It was getting tedious yesterday though, so I stopped after the 1st two missions.  Today, I'm feeling I can start chipping away later on.  We'll see. :)

Also, Arizona!  An insta-buy from me!  :x
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #357 on: July 04, 2016, 09:00:48 PM »
Diana OP!

:D
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #358 on: July 04, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »

She's mine!!!  WHOO! :x :rock :banana:
HiTech

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »
 :salute you guys  put your battles on youtube. if you have I missed it. :cheers: