Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58434 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #495 on: May 24, 2017, 09:10:41 PM »
I just now got the Atlanta. Now that's fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #496 on: May 24, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »
Did you move a high point captain to her right off, or are you training one up?  Once she has BFT/AFT... :joystick: :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #497 on: May 25, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »
I must admit that I'm surprised you splashed the cash for Hood. :)  She really feels like Kongo to me, only with better guns and accuracy.  I use her like I do Kongo and find that it "fits" very well. :aok
I needed a British trainer and Tier VII is a sweet spot.  Not sure I really want to go further than Tier VII actually.  Used the Dubloons that came with the purchase + those from the Yubari I bought to get into closed beta to buy Warspite as well.  Gives me two Japanese (Mikasa and Yubari), two American (Albany and Arkansas Beta) and two British premiums (Warspite and Hood) to use as trainers.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #498 on: May 25, 2017, 07:06:34 PM »
I just now got the Atlanta. Now that's fun.

Once you learn the guns of the Atlanta go and get the Sims...it takes fun to a whole new level especially with inertia fuse skill; fast firing guns, small sleek ship, 9.2 km torps and decent aa in case the enemy cv parks a plane on top of ya.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #499 on: May 28, 2017, 01:32:25 PM »

Anyone have high tier french stuff yet? They seem decent, first good game in the Friant.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #500 on: May 28, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »
I'm in no real rush to start down another line.  Still nipping towards both Des Moines and Gearing. :)
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #501 on: May 28, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »
I'm in no real rush to start down another line.  Still nipping towards both Des Moines and Gearing. :)
I got quite a few new ships this weekend due to the bismarck campaign and the 3x, really kicked me in gear to grind which was nice. Tier 8 is my highest now.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #502 on: May 28, 2017, 05:35:16 PM »
From what I've gathered, the French CA's aren't bad.  I've heard more than a few mention that T9 (or was it 8?) is really nice. :aok

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to go past T2 with them, but it will take time away towards Des Moines and Gearing (plan to pick up both at once).  It's one of the reasons why I'm only to T3 in the KM DD line and haven't touched the RU DD line yet.
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #503 on: May 28, 2017, 11:25:56 PM »
From what I've gathered, the French CA's aren't bad.  I've heard more than a few mention that T9 (or was it 8?) is really nice. :aok

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to go past T2 with them, but it will take time away towards Des Moines and Gearing (plan to pick up both at once).  It's one of the reasons why I'm only to T3 in the KM DD line and haven't touched the RU DD line yet.
at least get to tier 5 the Emilie Bertin is a good ship, and a good place to stop if you dont want to push to far.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #504 on: June 05, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »
Kaga is proving to be quite fun, but her interesting TB drop pattern is going to take a touch getting used to.  The only bad bit is that when you start to lose TB's, it's the rear 3 that go down first, meaning you will lose the very tight cluster from the drop.  Her DB's have a good cluster without manual drop, with and it's practically pinpoint.  VERY good against DD's, but very limited with how many you get in the stronger load out.
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #505 on: June 08, 2017, 01:04:17 PM »
Des Moines checked off! :x  Now for Gearing. :joystick:

The new Operations Mode is proving to be quite fun.  I just wish the map was bigger, repair ships did slightly better repairs, and Romeo had a better spawn point in relation to her pursuit CA's and/or there was more time between her spawning and her pursuit CA's spawning.  They didn't realize that Mogami's 155's can dish out very heavy damage in a short amount of time, more so than her 203's. :noid
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2017, 12:28:48 AM »
Had a really nice Scenario match a few days ago.

Sadly, it was a 0 star match. :(
HiTech

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #507 on: June 16, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
Been trying the US cruiser line. Up to the Omaha now. Is it worth progressing or should I look at another country line? Kinda unhappy with the performance.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #508 on: June 16, 2017, 12:48:53 PM »
The Cleveland is absolutely fantastic. The Pensacola is good but takes some practice. The guns are great. That's as high as I have gotten. I'm looking forward to the New Orleans.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #509 on: June 17, 2017, 12:33:03 AM »
Omaha is a bit squishy indeed, but progress and they do get better.  As mentioned before, Cleveland is nice, with powerful AA and nice guns.  Penny is a toss up depending on your play style.  She's quite squishy compared to the other T7's, but her guns can hit very hard.  NO is an upgraded Penny to me, but still quite fun.  Get her gun upgrade ASAP, as it will make your life easier.  I found Baltimore to be fun, and can dish out some pain with decent AA to boot, and as for Des Moines, I've only one match with her so can't speak too much about her.  If that match was an indication, she's going to prove to be quite fun. :aok
HiTech