Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58460 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »
Key to the Omaha is never ever stop turning, with her gun layout you pretty much always have 2-4 guns on target, I loved the New Orleans because she hit so hard but the Des Moines is a blast to play and makes the grind worth it.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline donna43

• Copper Member
« Reply #511 on: June 19, 2017, 05:56:38 PM »
Have you tried the WoWS Public Test? I just completed latest PT 6.7.0 and went up the US DD line the Fletcher Class has rapid fire guns torps at 10.5km. The Cushing Class also rapid fire dual gun turrets with 16.5km torps like both of them. I don't play DD's much but, I might start. CV's Japanese all the way the US cv's suck with the aircraft set up comapaired to the japanese.
DrPhloxx

Age is strictly a case of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »
I've completed the USN Line, picking up Gearing the other day.  But with scenario going, I've only done one match in Gearing.  However, she proved to be a lot of fun. :x

Picked up De Grasse, and so far she's proving to be interesting.  Her guns have a nice reload time, and can do a ton of damage if target is broadside.  Angled though, and her guns suffer pretty badly.  Her HE is...heh  Better off throwing rocks, as they are likely to do more damage.  I'll need a little more time in her before I can really say, but her HE isn't looking good thus far.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #513 on: June 24, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »

So far Killer Whale is proving to be the easiest to get Tactical Expertise in.  I have 4 so far. :)  Also got Save Commander Jenkins achievement, but got it last night and didn't save a screenshot of it.

Scenarios are VERY nice. :x
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #514 on: June 24, 2017, 09:50:34 PM »
What DD line do you guys recommend. Doing OK with cruisers, got my Cleveland fully upgraded. I absolutely love the AA it has. I routinely get 5 to 9 aircraft kills on it. The accuracy is pretty good against BB's but it is hard to put them down. I absolutely hate destroyers in it though, sneaky lil bastages.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #515 on: June 24, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »
It will depend on your play style.  RU DD's are very good gunboats from what I've gathered.  USN DD's are solid gunboats with decent torpedoes at the upper tiers.  IJN are torpedo boats mostly, but a couple have pretty good guns.  KM DD's are solid overall from what I've gathered.

I only have the 2 prem RU DD's, and am only up to T3 for KM DD's.  Which is why I cannot give a lot of info on them.  I've got both T10's for USN and IJN however.  If I feel like being sneaky, I'll use Shimakaze (or IJN in general).  If I am feeling aggressive, Gearing (or USN line) is my choice. :)

As for Cleveland; Personally I don't mind if a DD want's to play when I'm in Cleveland.  She'll DEVASTATE DD's soundly with her HE. :D  Even without DF, her AA will do a number on planes.  So you can go Hydro (which is what I generally run) and still rack up some plane kills.
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #516 on: July 06, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
Well, Enterprise is...interesting, to say the least.  Her AP load out will do a ton of damage to BB's, with USN being the most robust of the targets.  But is practically useless against EVERYTHING else.  Then there is her TB drop pattern.  I seriously think it's WG's way of trolling all those who screamed about having her in game. :P  If you want to ensure good damage, you need to stagger her TB drop to score more than a few hits.  As for her DB's, it's annoying that it is not something that can be switched in-match.  That would make her more universal, but still not OP.  T7 planes have a very hard time dealing with T10 AA, which is what you'll be seeing a LOT of.  She's definitely one that requires a skilled CV captain to use to her fullest, and even then she's gonna be tricky.

Unless you are a dedicated CV captain (and even then it's a doozy), I'd say pass on her.  It's one of the very few times I agree with iChase's ramblings. :)
HiTech

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #517 on: July 07, 2017, 11:28:58 AM »
Soooo damn tired of the Pensacola. I only need 3k to unlock the New Orleans. Is the NO any better?  Not only is the Pensacolas armor crap, but I'm constantly getting matched against Bismarcks and the like. Getting detonated in the first 5 minutes gets old fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #518 on: July 07, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »
With Penny, you need to play a lot into the support role.  Hang back, stick with BB's (preferably to the ones who push intelligently, not yolo), and hit target's of opportunity.  NO, you can be more attack oriented, but still need to stick support.  While her armor is definitely improved over Penny, you WILL start facing off against T10's (this means Yamato).  She'll feel like a downgrade at first, as stock she's....kinda bad.  Upgraded though, and she's much better.  Get her gun upgrade ASAP, as they will improve her quite a bit.  You won't really be able to fall back into a more attack oriented role until Baltimore, and Des Moines will make it all worth it in the end. :D
HiTech

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #519 on: July 07, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »
Yeah I hang around BBs a lot. Only when I get stuck in a game with iowas and bismarcks they see me in the Pensacola and it's like a race to see who can delete me the quickest.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #520 on: July 07, 2017, 04:33:05 PM »
If I had to choose between Penny or any of the other T7 CA's, I'll usually go for Penny.  It's not that she's squishy, it's that she's actually quite dangerous in the right hands.  Her guns can hit quite hard, even against high tier stuff.  I've punished more than a few T10's with her. :t
HiTech

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #521 on: July 07, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »
I had an issue with my last machine where the game would run great for the first couple days, then all of the sudden would start to go into huge frame rate stutters as well as audio stutters making the game practically unplayable.  It's very weird because it starts of running great, then deteriorates into running crappy.

Rebooting/Reinstalling and any of that didn't correct the issue.  The issue then started to permeate into other games.

I replaced video card, ram, power supply and all sorts of things trying to figure out what was happening and I couldn't get it to work properly.  In reading the forums, I saw a ton of other people had this issue and there was Zero support from the staff on what would cause the issues or how to correct it.

So basically, I really like the game, but I'm afraid to reinstall it and have it fry another computer.  Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues, or knows if something similar has been addressed.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #522 on: July 07, 2017, 11:45:15 PM »
That....is a new one to me. :headscratch:  Tried updating all of your drivers? :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #523 on: July 08, 2017, 09:32:36 AM »
That....is a new one to me. :headscratch:  Tried updating all of your drivers? :headscratch:

I have not seen that one either.

However (woohoo! a segue! :)), I did experience three rather weird games recently.  Here we go.

So I grab my New Mexico, all loaded up with the latest, greatest upgrades, a number of flags and some awesome camo and head into the game.

When match maker reveals the setup, I see I am one of 2 BB's on my team (the other being a Wyoming), and I noted the other team had two New York's.  Not terrible, but then I noted the rest of the ships were all Tier 3 and Tier 4!

I set back and think, this is going to be a turkey shoot!  Sure enough when we launch, a DD and two cruisers join me.  The whole team was stoked.  We had a sure win in our pockets.  All I had to do was sit back and pick off all the targets.  The support ships would close in range while the bad guys tried to run or take shots at me.  Easy-peasy!

Except for one small issue.  I could not see any enemy ships.  Not on radar, nor on the strat map, nor visually.  I was tooling along when all of a sudden, I was getting hammered!  My guys were like, "What the heck are you doing!?!?! SHOOT!"

I was like, "Shoot at what?".  My guys started firing at ships I could not see and they were getting pissed off at me, in a big way.  I turned my boat, to what I thought would be safe water, and my guys jumped on me.  Apparently I was heading towards their two BB's, but never saw them.  I did feel their rounds hit me though.  Ouch.

Eventually, I was sunk by a St. Louis.  My team lost.  I was frustrated and surprised.  I figured something must be wrong with my computer.  So I shut it all down and restarted.

Grabbed my New Mexico and went in.  Again, the same thing.  Never saw a ship.  After I was sunk I just bailed, as the guys were relentlessly beating on me.

Note: I understand my teams frustration.  I get frustrated when I am on a team and the guys in the capital ships act like they do not care about the team and are just there to piss people off.

I grab my Orlan and head in and everything is normal.  I can see the bad guys, and had some good runs.  Grabbed the New Mexico,...and the same stupid thing happened.  I have not tried it again.  I figure I'll just blow off the U.S. BB line and go for the Japanese line now and see if I have better luck.

I wish I had recorded those games, but in my angst and frustration, I forgot to.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:36:07 AM by DocBrown »

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #524 on: July 08, 2017, 10:40:38 AM »
Does the game have a built in recording feature or do I have to use a 3rd party program?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.