Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58474 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #525 on: July 08, 2017, 12:32:09 PM »
I have not seen that one either.

However (woohoo! a segue! :)), I did experience three rather weird games recently.  Here we go.

So I grab my New Mexico, all loaded up with the latest, greatest upgrades, a number of flags and some awesome camo and head into the game.

When match maker reveals the setup, I see I am one of 2 BB's on my team (the other being a Wyoming), and I noted the other team had two New York's.  Not terrible, but then I noted the rest of the ships were all Tier 3 and Tier 4!

I set back and think, this is going to be a turkey shoot!  Sure enough when we launch, a DD and two cruisers join me.  The whole team was stoked.  We had a sure win in our pockets.  All I had to do was sit back and pick off all the targets.  The support ships would close in range while the bad guys tried to run or take shots at me.  Easy-peasy!

Except for one small issue.  I could not see any enemy ships.  Not on radar, nor on the strat map, nor visually.  I was tooling along when all of a sudden, I was getting hammered!  My guys were like, "What the heck are you doing!?!?! SHOOT!"

I was like, "Shoot at what?".  My guys started firing at ships I could not see and they were getting pissed off at me, in a big way.  I turned my boat, to what I thought would be safe water, and my guys jumped on me.  Apparently I was heading towards their two BB's, but never saw them.  I did feel their rounds hit me though.  Ouch.

Eventually, I was sunk by a St. Louis.  My team lost.  I was frustrated and surprised.  I figured something must be wrong with my computer.  So I shut it all down and restarted.

Grabbed my New Mexico and went in.  Again, the same thing.  Never saw a ship.  After I was sunk I just bailed, as the guys were relentlessly beating on me.

Note: I understand my teams frustration.  I get frustrated when I am on a team and the guys in the capital ships act like they do not care about the team and are just there to piss people off.

I grab my Orlan and head in and everything is normal.  I can see the bad guys, and had some good runs.  Grabbed the New Mexico,...and the same stupid thing happened.  I have not tried it again.  I figure I'll just blow off the U.S. BB line and go for the Japanese line now and see if I have better luck.

I wish I had recorded those games, but in my angst and frustration, I forgot to.

Try using her in Co-Op or in the Scenario, see if you get that issue there as well.  If you do, I'd send in a support ticket and see what they come back with.

Does the game have a built in recording feature or do I have to use a 3rd party program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a built in replay system, but you have to make changes to a config file in order to get it active.  It will only record the match itself, no pre-battle/post-battle screens and it records them all.  So you'll have to be mindful of your HDD space if you don't have a lot.  It used to be easy to find the topic on what file needs to be changed to enable it without having to log into the forum, so you may need to log in to find it as I cannot find it right now (not logged in).  Most folks use a 3rd party program, since it will capture everything from port, to battle, then back to port. :aok  I do wish they would finally get around to getting the replay active.  It's there, just not "in-game" yet.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #526 on: July 08, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
Try using her in Co-Op or in the Scenario, see if you get that issue there as well.  If you do, I'd send in a support ticket and see what they come back with.

There's a thought.  Can't hurt.  I'll be sure to have my video capture running this time.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #527 on: July 08, 2017, 04:00:00 PM »
Yeah.  If you have video, it would help them out more in trying to narrow down the issue.  Have a dxdiag included as well.
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #528 on: July 09, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »
Your simplest solution might just be to uninstall then upload the game again. After doing a disk clean / compression.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #529 on: July 11, 2017, 10:08:19 AM »
I "heard" on another forum that there was a "dynamic crosshair sight" on WoWS. Has anyone seen that?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #530 on: July 11, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »
I "heard" on another forum that there was a "dynamic crosshair sight" on WoWS. Has anyone seen that?
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBEIQVUOBk&t
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #531 on: July 11, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »
Well I'm back up and running again.  We'll see if this is more stable than last time.  My in game ID there is wil3ur if anyone wants to team up.

I run Japanese Tech tree right now.  I'm T6 BB and DD, I think T5 or T6 CA but not a huge fan of that particular model and remember it being a horrible grind so don't play that much, and T5 CV.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »
Okay, Dynamo is proving to be very much like Newport; Requires actual teamwork to 5 star.  Good use of Smoke will make a HUGE difference in the first phase of the operation, and is very useful in mid-phase.  AA really comes into play in the mid and and late phases.  People are yipping that Anthony is better, and in most area's she is, but she lacks something Cyclone has, Smoke.  Being the only Cyclone in the 1st 5 star match I did, was a touch rough, but well placed kept the artillery from doing more than a touch here and there in the first and mid phases.

The match prior, which was a 2star in Gallant, I got Major Contribution. :banana:

What I suggest to increase your chances of 5 star:

BOTH Ships: Take the Superintendent skill.

Anthony: Spec and skill her completely for AA.  Just don't take Manual AA since it's 85mm and up, her main guns are not dual purpose.

Cyclone: Skill her with Smoke Screen Expert.  I skill and spec'd mine for gunboat, but her AA isn't too shabby, so you could spec her as AA.  Again, don't take Manual AA if you do as her main guns are also not dual purpose.

Of course, using prem consumables, camo and combat flags will help further, but they are not really needed.  It's very doable without the "extra's". :aok

Tips:

BOTH ships:  Focus planes.  Focus, focus, focus.  When the bombers show up, prioritize the dive bombers, as they are much more dangerous.  You cannot evade hit-scan attacks after all.  Towards the end of the mid-phase and into the beginning of the end-phase, there will be a HUGE dogfight just outside the narrow.  If you are mid-front of the convoy, get under it ASAP and focus the 110's first (4 plane squadron).  After they are down, focus on the weakest squadrons and work your way through.  The more friendly squadrons that survive, the better it is for you.  They make a HUGE difference towards the end, panic'ing and shooting down bombers, which appears to count towards the bomber secondary objective.  Also, it will be your last chance to finish the fighter secondary objective.  Use your torpedoes often.  While the chances of hitting a PT boat isn't good, you at the very least will cause them to turn and buy more time to gun them down.  If you see a PT boat pointed towards you, expect torpedoes.  The torpedoes appear to have decent speed and also pack one hell of a wallop.  2 hits WILL sink you.  Stay out of the mine field.  They are not an instant kill (if at full HP), but they WILL flood you every hit.  You can actually navigate the field, but don't bother.  Bombers seem to go for you if you are in the field.

If in Cyclone:  If you are the only one, smoke right when you get into cap and cover as much as you can heading towards the narrow.  If there is another Cyclone with you, you can smoke when you reach the long pier that is before the cap, smoke and take it into the cap.  In mid-phase you'll need to keep an eye on the convoy and smoke if it's taking a lot of heat from the artillery.

If in Antony:  Save your DF for mid- phase, that is where you are really going to need it.  Also, save at least 1 DF charge for the huge dogfight as you'll tear through them with it.  When the convoy enters the narrow, make your way to the front so you can get under the dogfight quickly.
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #533 on: July 20, 2017, 01:04:48 PM »
Got 4 stars first time when everybody said they knew what to do.  No losses, but didn't get all the fighter squadrons.  I used Anthony.

Got 5 stars second time when a number of my team mates said they didn't know what to do.  I did my best to provide highlights of what to do in five sentences.  Three sank, but we got it all done.  I used Cyclone, team was three Anthonys and four Cyclones.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #534 on: July 20, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »
5 star'd again about half an hour ago with Bullet and Vulcan (their first).  Vulcan likes the mines...a bit too much. :rofl

It's really not hard to win it, but to 5 star isn't a "walk in the park".  So far it's proving easier to 5 star Newport than Dynamo.  It's definitely the scenario to get the achievement: Major Contribution, with little effort.  I picked up my 5th and 6th one today. :)
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2017, 02:55:58 PM »
Heed the warnings of Noster, iChase and LittleWhiteMouse.  Do NOT buy Graf Zeppelin.  Unless you intend to use her in Co-Op ONLY, and even then she's trouble, DO NOT BUY.  Her AP bombers....honestly, you are FAR better off spec'ing for Secondaries (skills, modules and flags) and charging at the enemy than you are to rely on her AP bombers to do jack.  The only chance you have of hitting anything with her manual drop AP is only if one of three things are happening: 1) They are AFK. 2) They are AFK, and 3) They are FULL retard (and likely AFK).

Someone done screwed up with her.  I am honestly thinking they rushed her out for Gamescon because, well, Gamescon.  They wanted something else, aside from Nelson I guess? :headscratch:

Nelson however, is actually a bit worth the FXP.  She's quite accurate, having some very nice groupings.  She's definitely not meant to brawl with, but you cannot really snipe with her either.  She strikes me as more of a support battleship than anything.  You will need to rely on others for AA, as her's isn't exactly the best around.  For me, I'm still getting used to how she looks. :P
HiTech

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #536 on: August 27, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
I've heard from several people the the Graf Zeppelin sucks.  As for the Nelson, I've been sunk by her a couple times already.  I can't get over how ugly she is though.  Both her and the Izumo look like if you floored it, the ship could pop a wheelie.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #537 on: August 27, 2017, 02:01:22 PM »
 :rofl  I didn't find Izzy to be a bad looking ship in my opinion, but Nelson...she's...a whole something different.  I just have to get used to her is all, like with Izzy. :aok  At times I will be looking around for another target and go: "WTF!?  Where the hell did my a-...oh wait."  :noid

Graf Zeppelin in Random, is bad.  Very few can make her work, and those that can (who are the top 5 CV players on the server), have a lot of trouble with her.  For me, as I mentioned before, she's a little trouble in Co-Op, but I'm getting used to her.  Her AP bomb loadout is wonky though, as they act like they are dropping torpedoes.  When a torpedo bomber goes in to make a drop, there is that delay before the torpedoes arm.  AP DB's act the same way, as the bombs "hit" about the time a torpedo would arm from a TB.  Once I get the arming delay down, I'll land more and more hits (providing Mistress RNG says: YES! :P).  But in Random, the AP bombs are going to be useless against anyone with half a brain cell as the delay is so bad you could literally just tap a steering key and they'll miss.  Bots are a bit more predictable, though they can catch you off guard if you are not paying attention. lol

As is, I wish they would let me use her in the Scenario's.  Her fighters are pretty weak, even against Hosho and Zuiho fighters (though they will still come out on top), and her bombers, while able to do a decent amount of damage, or slow as spork and can be chewed up pretty good by Aoba and Myoko AA, especially when their DF is up.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:19:51 PM by Volron »
HiTech

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #538 on: August 27, 2017, 07:51:08 PM »
How many gig to DL WoW ?
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #539 on: August 28, 2017, 10:03:30 AM »
I think at least a half dozen or so. I'm going to find out later today. I had to uninstall due to constant lock ups after the last upgrade. Made it unplayable. Going to defrag the HD then download again.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown