Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58429 times)

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #570 on: January 21, 2018, 06:15:28 AM »
Holding off on both the Musashi and Roma. Neither one particularly excites me. I have been using some of the premies I pulled from the Santa Crates, tho. Taken out the ‘Bama, Kii, Mutsu, and De Grasse for a few spins. Like them all. The Frenchie feels slightly underwhelming, while the 3 big boys are nice.

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #571 on: January 21, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »
Well, the issue I had before magically cleared itself up after an update.

I have gone back to Tier 3 ships.  Tiers 4,5, and 6 were no fun at all.  Kept having to fight ships two Tiers higher than me.  For some reason Tier 3 seems to have the best parity.  Far more fun.

Are any of the U.S. ships any good?  I have not found a DD, CA, or BB which is not outclassed, in the same Tier, by ships from other countries.  I have not gotten very far in the U.S. line.  Tier 6 in BB's, and only Tier 4 in CA, while puddling along at Tier 3 in DD's.

Oh that Tier 3 Nassau BB is fun!

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #572 on: January 21, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »
The Omaha is my go to boat in the USN line. Most people dislike her, but she works for me. My most sailed ship. Other USN ships that I feel are good are Benson, Fletcher, Missouri, and St. Louis. That said, I’m up to Pensacola (plus the Indy, Marblehead, and Atlanta ) in CL/CA line. Up to tier 10 in the DD’s. US BB’s, I only have the premiums. Not a fan of the Texas, just haven’t even able to make her work for me. Arky Beta, Arizona, and ‘Bama all seem fine.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #573 on: January 21, 2018, 01:19:18 PM »
I love that they buffed the Beta's secondaries a few patches ago. :D  In all honestly, she needed it due to her 0 AA.  :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #574 on: January 21, 2018, 09:17:29 PM »
My clan got our bellybutton handed to us in the first round of kings of the sea today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #575 on: January 22, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »
Well, the issue I had before magically cleared itself up after an update.

I have gone back to Tier 3 ships.  Tiers 4,5, and 6 were no fun at all.  Kept having to fight ships two Tiers higher than me.  For some reason Tier 3 seems to have the best parity.  Far more fun.

Are any of the U.S. ships any good?  I have not found a DD, CA, or BB which is not outclassed, in the same Tier, by ships from other countries.  I have not gotten very far in the U.S. line.  Tier 6 in BB's, and only Tier 4 in CA, while puddling along at Tier 3 in DD's.

Oh that Tier 3 Nassau BB is fun!

I have a few, the cruisers are what I play most often. The Cleveland was the best AFAIAC because the next step up the penny is basically a Cleveland fighting outside it's tier. No real improvements. I play the German cruisers the most in tier 5 and 6. I have them maxed out and the captain is going for a second 4 level perk on each. The rate of fire is great, but the guns are kind of weak and the armor is non existent.

I have gone up to tier 4 in BB's on the US side but they are just SO SLOW, ponderous and with slow turrets and guns. My Wyoming has LOUSY gun handling and accuracy. Keeps me from bothering going any higher.

I have tier 4, 5 and 6 Japanese DD's. Just got the fubuki upgraded to the better torps. Had to free xp them as the grind was just too freaking painful with the 6 km torp range and a 6.8 km detection range. Could never get close enough to launch torps before getting hammered. To be honest the tier 4 and 5 DD's are more fun.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #576 on: January 22, 2018, 01:37:50 PM »
The tier 7 and above cruisers are very good ships, just a different play style than the Cleveland. The Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore have excellent guns. The Des Moines is a monster at tier 10. You just have to be very mindful of what’s going on around you. Don’t show anything your broadside. You can do very good damage to battleships with the AP if they give you a nice broadside to shoot at.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »
You will not have any speed in the US BB line until you hit NC.  WY, NY, NM, and to some extend, CO have dispersion that will want you to punch a hole through your monitor. :noid  But NC, Iowa and Monty have glorious dispersion. :D  MO is the most accurate of the US BB's thus far, at least to me. :aok

If you play Penny like Cleveland, you are in for a rude awakening.  She will punish you badly for that.  :ahand  Not a lot of folks like her, even after the buffs they gave her, but I still enjoy mine quite a bit.  She's very nice in the T7 Op's. :aok

If you want a broken T5 DD, Fujin, Kami and Kami R (which are EXACTLY the same ship in stats) are your "go to" ships (with properly skilled Captain of course).  42s torpedo reload. :t
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #578 on: January 26, 2018, 07:39:46 AM »
I liked the new mex. I liked the Colorado’s 16 inch guns, just couldn’t hit with them. Now if you feel like griping about the us bb dispersion, try the gneisenau.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #579 on: January 26, 2018, 08:23:29 AM »
Mikasa makes Neise appear to have 100% accuracy. :P
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #580 on: January 27, 2018, 01:52:22 AM »
Well, picked up Gnevny today, and I must say I'm honestly surprised by her.  Having all other T6 DD's, I wasn't expecting much, but she really has surprised me.  Her guns are solid with a good RoF and decent arc, and while her torpedoes are very short ranged, they are very fast and hit pretty good.  I'm having fun using her in the Op. :aok

Also, is it just me, or are most of the CV's today kinda...bad, to put it very kindly.  2 runs, the CV was AFK, though in one of those we 5 star'd with TE.  I honestly forgot about him until after we sank everything and was waiting for Raptor.  :rofl  Most others were just feeding their planes to the Aoba's and Myoko. :bhead  I only noticed ONE go for Taka, and only because someone asked him too.  His response: "I usually go for BB first...".  Feh  It's why I almost constantly use CV's in Op's.  Past two days I've yet to place anywhere else but Top while using my CV's, and there were a few matches where I botched my drops (with Indy.  Ryujo spoils me. :P). :o
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #581 on: February 01, 2018, 01:11:51 PM »
Well, Narai isn't forgiving for a CV.  That OP is the most difficult OP to CV in, but is doable.  Of all the CV's, I've found Ranger to be the best to use here, despite her manual DB drop being so large.  Her bombers can take a little punishment vs Kaga and Hiryu's, and have that nice torpedo spread for easily dealing with DD's.  Kaga in 2nd, then Hiryu, with Saipan taking up the rear.  I won't use Saipan in this op, as she just isn't flexible enough, not to mention that the forts don't care what tier her bombers are. :noid  MO?  MO like 3 plane squadrons. :ahand

Appears lots of folks are having trouble with their CV, as I've had them get pissy when I'm there.  Not that I blame them, as most of the CV's I see are...yeah.  I rather they were AFK, they'd get more done. :bhead  So now I'm pushing a lot of Ranger matches in Narai.  :)

I picked up Roma a few days ago, but only got 2 matches in her so far.  She's interesting, but still trying to peg her.  Once Narai drops, I'll do more matches in Roma to get a solid feel of her.  But what I have noted from just those two matches are her secondaries are quite squishy. :(
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #582 on: February 01, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »
I have gone up to tier 4 in BB's on the US side but they are just SO SLOW, ponderous and with slow turrets and guns. My Wyoming has LOUSY gun handling and accuracy. Keeps me from bothering going any higher.
I found the Wyoming to be a great BB. Had no trouble outfighting German BBs and, well, Myogi is a joke. British BBs weren't in yet when I went through her.  I understand that Orion is a nasty package.

I would have kept Wyoming if I didn't have Arkansas Beta.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2018, 03:01:47 PM »
I play WoT and WoWS with some AH buddies. Always looking for someone to play with. Anyone want to post your Nicknames?

Boogydude  :rolleyes:

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »
I play WoT and WoWS with some AH buddies. Always looking for someone to play with. Anyone want to post your Nicknames?

Boogydude  :rolleyes:

wil3ur
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"