Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58482 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #600 on: February 16, 2018, 05:51:39 PM »
The cleveland used to be insane but was nerfed due to stomping too many other ships into dust.

They're planning on eventually moving it up a few tiers and buffing it

That's incorrect.  They are planning to put her back where she belongs, and reinstating her original power. :P
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #601 on: February 16, 2018, 06:07:22 PM »
Any advice on the russian cruiser line? I just picked up a ten point russian cruiser captain from the weekly op and was wondering if it was worth putting in the effort.  You guys have much more experience in the game and definitely more knowledge about the boats than I do so I figured I'd ask.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #602 on: February 16, 2018, 09:24:16 PM »
I'm only as far as Shchors, so I cannot give too much.  My experience with them thus far: They are glass cannons.  Their HE is feh, as is their AA.  They have horrid torpedo range (4k) too boot, though those torpedoes move fast and have a decent punch.  You won't get longer range torpedoes until you hit T9 with the Donskoi, and even then it's only 8k.  I've heard Moskva is actually pretty nice though, but no torpedoes.
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #603 on: February 17, 2018, 04:16:04 AM »
Still no destroyers for the Royal Navy?

I've played for the last couple of days and it was nice to see the Royal Navy is now in the game, however being a destroyer is my in-game preference.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #604 on: February 17, 2018, 10:57:31 AM »
Personally, I'm more interested in the Italian line. :)  But if I were to make a guess, RN DD's are VERY likely this year. :D
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #605 on: March 02, 2018, 12:12:51 PM »
Well foo.  I was expecting the French BB line to have more accurate secondaries, but I guess that was a no go. :(
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #606 on: March 02, 2018, 11:45:50 PM »
But Gascogne is proving to be quite interesting.  With 7k base secondary range, bumped up to 8.8k with AFT, oh boy.  I decided to make her a secondary build, which pushes her secondary range to 10.1k, just completed Hermes with 439 secondary hits.  Only managed 47k damage with them though.  This should change once her captain has IFHE as well. :D
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #607 on: March 09, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »
Well, Operation Hermes is probably the EASIEST Op I've had to deal with.  I thought KW was easy, but nope.  My Gascogne Captain is almost 19pt too boot. :D  Sadly, they NEED to optimize the map/op better.  Every now and again, I get a MASSIVE FPS drop towards the end. :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #608 on: March 09, 2018, 02:02:58 PM »
Can't wait for the operation to change next week. I understand why they limited the accepted ships for this one but it sucks for anybody who doesn't have an interest in french BB's or allied cruisers
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #609 on: March 09, 2018, 09:08:13 PM »
Considering the mission, and our opposition, I believe this may be a test bed for "Hard Mode".  It wouldn't surprise me if Hard Mode for Newport, Aegis, KW and RR would restrict you to Allied ships; UF and Narai would restrict you to Axis.  In a way, it does make since considering the opposition we face in them.  Two weeks of it being tested isn't a bad idea, but if this isn't the case, then they should lift the restriction next week when another Op would cycle.  We'll see.  However, If I read the notes correctly, Hermes will stay up until the next big patch.

My machine is by no means a potato, far from in fact, but I'm occasionally getting very serious FPS drops every now and again during the Op.  Some runs, not a hitch, other's I have horrid FPS issues.  They need to optimize, badly.
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #610 on: March 10, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
Can't wait for the operation to change next week. I understand why they limited the accepted ships for this one but it sucks for anybody who doesn't have an interest in french BB's or allied cruisers
My Tier VII ships are:  Hood, Myoko and Nagato.....

Yeah, nope.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #611 on: March 11, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »
Yeah, I was disappointed I couldn't play this scenario.  I run entirely Japanese lines.  Tier V CA, Tier VI CV, Tier VII BB and DD.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #612 on: March 16, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »
Well, it is not very difficult to get to T7 in any Allied Cruiser line.  Once you hit T6, you can speed your way to 7 in Op's.  :aok
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #613 on: March 17, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
Well, I have my fourth Tier VII now, the Lyon.

I am waiting on the US cruiser line split before I continue past Tier VI with US cruisers.  For British cruisers I am stuck on Emerald.  I hate that ship.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #614 on: March 17, 2018, 01:41:14 PM »
Yeah, she can be tricky.  I got Leander through one of the Campaign's, Santa Convoy one if I recall correctly, so I didn't have to grind through Emerald.  I did get her to use in the Op's when they still allowed for T5's though. :)
HiTech