Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58256 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #645 on: June 22, 2018, 12:37:28 AM »
So the Mongahan is fun 9.2 km torps 5x2 and 30 second reload upgrade at tier 6 and american..yes please
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #646 on: June 22, 2018, 11:02:34 AM »
She works surprisingly well in RR, so I'm anticipating her doing as well in Aegis.  While she only has two guns vs Gnevny, and the good ol USN DD gun arc, they are very quick on the traverse, even more so since I'm using John Doe as her captain, and have that USN DD RoF.  I can take down the ambush DD's just as fast with Mon as I can with Gnevny. :D  That being said, Gnevny is still the better choice in case of derp-age. :joystick:

In Aegis, I generally run Fubuki and frequently get Torpedoman with her, so I expect Mon to do fairly well in Aegis.  As Fubuki, I don't use my guns very often unless needed, so with Mon just having two of them, it won't be a real issue.  Plus, with Mon the obvious is there in case I do need to use them. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #647 on: June 28, 2018, 11:49:05 PM »
Well Cherry Blossom is proving to be fairly easy, providing the team has an inkling of what to do, especially if you get Clevelands that actually USE their Radar.  I find Baltimore's power to be very useful here, since she can punish the cruisers in quick order. :)
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #648 on: June 30, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »
Well, there is a shot at some free stuff.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/push-it-to-the-limit/

IF I am reading it correctly, well get 10 of each of EVERY flag (can't go wrong with Hydra :)), a total of 50 Commander's Day camo and a super container once it hits 20k online.

Hoping it'll hit that 20k mark. :D
HiTech

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #649 on: July 02, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
Cherry blossom is easy if you get lucky and people use hydro at the beginning and you don’t eat 4 torpedoes in the first 3 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #650 on: July 16, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »
Well, Mongahan has proven to be VERY successful in Aegis.  I get Torpedoman much more easily with her than with Fubuki, though I have to use a full salvo on a target to ensure destruction.  Her torpedo spread can be kind of wonkey at times unless you get close enough to where it won't matter, which is something you want to avoid. :D
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #651 on: August 02, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
The new RR is definitely better, and is more hectic.  While it is slightly harder to 5 star, it really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  Having a CV on the team will greatly increase your chance of getting 5 star's, since they are much better suited to deal with the Zuiho.  Having surface ships run off to get her has proven to cost the Op more often than not, since there is a definite increase in the amount of ships that gets tossed at you.  To make matters worse, there are times when a small fleet of them will appear BEHIND the fleet and chase it down.  This USUALLY involves an Atago, though I've seen Mogami (203's fortunately) appear in her place.  There is also times when two Myogi's and a Fuso will appear, so having all ships around the fleet is definitely preferable.  All of my 5 star wins involved the team sticking close to the fleet, with a few not having a CV.  The times we didn't have a CV, 2nd wave came from the S.  This allowed us to deal with them AND support the one or two that went after the Zuiho.

The new Narai is more or less the same minus the change to King.  She's a Lexington class now and is protected by a Nicholas and Phoenix.  So you cannot get an early King with a CV anymore, since Nicholas and King have DF (King's being 2m duration).  Going after her with a DD is not a good idea either, as both the Nic and Phoenix especially, will make short work of you.  Not to mention that King will focus on you as well.  Not saying it's not do-able, but it's definitely not going to be easy.  You will want to go after King AFTER you have taken out MO, and hope to hell your team isn't full retard and has a BB or two, and/or two or more ships in general, chasing transports.
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #652 on: September 19, 2018, 09:19:53 AM »
Well, submarines might actually become a thing.  At the very least, they WILL be in the up coming Halloween Event.  I'm curious how they will go through it with it. :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #653 on: February 01, 2019, 09:46:29 PM »
Well, folks are going bat spit crazy about the rework.  Does seem a bit rushed, I agree on that part, but it's not that bad in my opinion.  Now DD's have to work much more closely with other ships to get things done.  The one thing I do NOT agree with is RPF being usable on CV's now.  That does need to go.  GZ isn't the 1 shot killer she used to be, but so far she's proving to still be very powerful.  I prefer her over Kaga simply due to the fact that her bombers are quite a bit faster and can take more punishment.  With good drops, GZ's dive bombers will do 14k a pass too boot.
HiTech

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #654 on: February 02, 2019, 07:55:24 AM »
Our entire clan stopped playing a few weeks ago.  It just stopped being fun.  We worked our way up to T8 and no matter what we did the higher the tier, the less fun the game became.

Out last 16 games were horrible.  Between dispersion, CA's spamming from behind islands, and the invisible DD's it was not fun at all.  Barely managing to do 10K of damage before being blown away.

We went back to tier 3 and it was fun, went back to tier 8 and finally just quit playing.  We were doing 500% more damage at T3, than T8 and most of us would last the entire game at T3, none would make it through a T8 game.  Seems the more flags we stuffed on our boats, the worse it would get. 

Fire one volley and a round would go long, the other short.   I think the worst shot I recall was being about 9 out from a Tirpitz, who was full broadside to me.  I was in the Colorado, bow facing the Tirpitz.  Fired one volley (2 rounds) and one of the rounds landed in front of his bow, while the other landed behind his stern.  Next volley had one round go over the Tirpitz, while the other fell very short.  Even the player in the Tirpitz asked how I did that, after he blew me out of the water.  How do you aim to compensate for that kind of nonsense?

It got to be more frustrating than fun.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:57:30 AM by DocBrown »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #655 on: February 02, 2019, 10:24:07 AM »
I stopped playing boats a few months ago. I got tired of the 6 days in a row of non stop blowout losses with the 7th day only decent games. I decided I wasn't going to be a piñata in wows idea of mm crap. Lately I am beginning to think wot has hired the same idiot to do their mm.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #656 on: February 02, 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
Yeah, there have been times even I go "WTF!?".  However, I don't do Random battles for various reason, but one being it's just not engaging enough for me.  4 more targets, 16 more folks to throw salt around where you burn more time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with doing 20 minutes of battle.  That's where Operations come in for me.  :)

Colorado isn't an easy ship to master.  I've found around 12k to be a good range to get consistent hits, but she's by no means a tank.  She soaks the damage like a sponge, regardless of angle.  NC is much better when you angle properly, but if you don't you'll get wrecked.  Her dispersion is much better at all ranges too boot once you upgrade her.
HiTech

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #657 on: February 02, 2019, 01:55:44 PM »
Honestly, the best times I had were with the Nassau and the Wyoming.  With every tier increase the game play got more and more frustrating.  It is not fun fighting game mechanics. 

I would rather fight players on an even playing field.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #658 on: February 11, 2019, 12:09:22 AM »
dont fight the mechanics the game isn't a simulator play it as it is made youll have a better time.  On another note i like the new AA system
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #659 on: February 11, 2019, 06:57:46 AM »
How can you not fight the mechanics?

I got in a battle with an Atlanta one night, while I was in a Bayern.  I could not hit the Atlanta.  Every round missed, while none of his rounds missed.  He gets 3 cits and before I know it, I am dead and did zero damage to him.

So I go to our squad and tell them about this magnificent cruiser which has zero dispersion.  We all get one and we cannot hit anything.  We get decimated, game after game.  They all but called me a liar and damn near kicked me out of the squad.  The only reason they did not was another squad member came up against an Atlanta and suffered the same fate I did.

Tell me how that is fun?