Author Topic: Midwar  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Re: Midwar
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 07:11:20 AM »
Hey Oldman, those were good fights the other night.

I like to go for nice fights in MW, and when it's "prearranged" a little, I like to pick a plane that will match the opponent. I'm there to have fun trying a palm sweating kinda fight. No need to bring a Spit9 at 10k to fight a low 110. Oldman and I tried out C202 vs  Ki61. Was fun and I think that's the way it's suppose to be. Win or lose.  :)

Been playing in Mid since I started playing and #'s went around the 3 sides. For the last year or so it's been the Knits. Thing is, the regulars who play in there don't really care about the numbers. We just like to play together.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
I've had some awesome fights with Black70 in MW. He's a good stick, good guy.

Black70 is a good guy and more than willing to share his skills and knowledge.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 10:06:44 AM »
Agreed.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 12:16:44 PM »
The place is a joke.  Closed to within 3k of a bomber and he bailed, then he puts on 200, "Everyone bails here".  I'm about to just land my 110 when the same guy comes on and says hurry, "I'm going to hit the ammo strats" so I turn to it only to encounter him in a fighter, waiting to pounce.  Yeah, right.  I just turned back to my own base and landed, then logged.

I have exactly one experience there and that's it.  You won't see me returning.  Ever.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »
Yeah that great idea, basing something on one experience.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2015, 02:44:13 PM »
The place is a joke.  Closed to within 3k of a bomber and he bailed, then he puts on 200, "Everyone bails here".  I'm about to just land my 110 when the same guy comes on and says hurry, "I'm going to hit the ammo strats" so I turn to it only to encounter him in a fighter, waiting to pounce.  Yeah, right.  I just turned back to my own base and landed, then logged.

I have exactly one experience there and that's it.  You won't see me returning.  Ever.

This is more the norm in MW, or 1 side rolling map after map, its nothing but a perk farm fest
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »
What I don't understand about the MW arena is that most of the people in there are seem to be doing there best to avoid any kind of a fight. They are paying $15/month to do what the could do offline for free......I just don't get it..... :old:
Gnat

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
Best part about Midwar arena is finding a whole squad to shoot down and harass hehehe.

Ohh and also the amount of perkies that come with it.

2 sorties of 5 kills ended up in 100 perkies!!! It was great success.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »
What I don't understand about the MW arena is that most of the people in there are seem to be doing there best to avoid any kind of a fight. They are paying $15/month to do what the could do offline for free......I just don't get it..... :old:

I can tell you are using the wrong plane.  Try a P-38.  The fight comes to you.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 08:54:41 PM »
I was in MW just the other day, lots of fights going on. Had a (nameless) LW flyer in there trying to perk farm in a gv, no problem. But he sure got upset when I found him and bombed his hind end. From my experience if you want to perk farm in MW go ahead, but don't whine and make a fool of yourself when someone defends. And please!!!! no rage text.

If you don't like MW or your to good for it, fine stay out, but leave it alone. Its a great place for newbies to start out. And if for sure doesn't need any of the LW elite in there to ruin it. :mad:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 09:08:58 PM »
everyone needs somewhere to start, whether its the AVA, the FSO, the training arena, midwar, latewar etc etc. zoney's comment is quite interesting in the fact that when I first starting playing this game, I went into the latewar where all the planes were and got clobbered as soon as I upped a plane. I couldn't figure it out, so I quit playing for several months.

then I tried it again, and luckily ran into someone(Tbarone and storch) that was willing to teach me how to fly and play the game... that was 2008.... I'm still here today, but for that reason. so a new guy goes into the latewar and gets hammered leaves and never comes back based on his one or 2 or few experiences. that's a problem.

now the midwar has lesser numbers with guys willing to help others including new guys. they are better sticks cause they have better fights.
its not always about ho-ing or bomb and bail or anything else... although that too happens in the Midwar.

the point is the Midwar is a great place to start, and its a great place to fly. its not always what you want but, its like New England weather, wait awhile... it will change.
one bad experience today will not necessarily happen tomorrow. on the flip side of that, one great fight today, will not necessarily repeat itself tomorrow either.
every day is a new day. give things a try, try the midwar its not perfect but its fun... just like all the rest of the arena's. they're not perfect, but they're fun.

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 11:11:17 PM »
I was in there yesterday morning. fly as a bishlamist and winged up with dragon40 for a couple runs. It wasnt too bad and there was some fun. m8 vs M4 in town and got owned reverse needs to be a little faster in the M8 lol

Took up a Ki43 and found lancs  :bhead dumped 100 rounds in the lead and broke off due to damage dragon finished him off and i got .97 perks for the one kill. so it wasnt farming in my case but the hunt was kind of fun. and i like the plane set.

I cant say it beats the AvA plane set but it there tends to be a few more people in there.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »
if for sure doesn't need any of the LW elite in there to ruin it. :mad:

Duly noted.  Someone logging in to play in a manner which promotes combat should just stay away because you don't need them.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
I have had squads yell at me for doing the 'combat' with them while they are trying to practice base takes. I guess the etiquette is to talk on the all channel first? Like in the DA used to be. I do go in there to 'perkie farm' and part of that is to do the combat with other players. Up some Betty bombers drop on some towns shoot down a Spit IX get 40 perkies. Repeat, then fly a B29 in the MA like a jackwagon  :neener:
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »
I really do believe it is a perception sort of a thing.

Short of the few who bail out of bombers to protect their score (and people do in fact do it), the side balancing simply is all over the place. 

I have logged on to see heavy sides for all countries.  The majority of the time the Knights seem to have the numbers. 

Back in 2008 timeframe, it was primarily Rooks with the numbers. 

I have noticed Bish with heavy numbers.

Again, no real rhyme or reason.  It just happens.

You do end up with great fights.  Not really having to worry about people trying to clear your 12 though it does happen occasionally.

MW is primarily a base taking arena (as are the other MAs).  But when you have smaller numbers and one side is heavy, the heavy side is usually working together.

I prefer the plane sets in MW over the LW.  I am allergic to some of the faster cannon planes!  (yikes)

It is the perfect place to train new players as there is just enough action to keep them interested.  You put them on the heavy side and get them involved in team play and taking bases.  It feeds the addiction and in time, they develop and move into LW.

I do enjoy LW though.  I just don't like being in EW planes trying to fight a pair or more N1Ks, etc...   But that is what LW is for. 

One could point out that even in LW, the sides SEEM imbalanced when in fact they aren't really.  But I log on and count the total number of flashing bases then realize that about 16 of those bases are my bases and there is usually a small skirmish between the other two countries.  We always seem to be fighting both sides way harder than they are fighting each other.  Again, it is a perception but is what I see...

And regarding MW.  I would love to see more peeps coming in there.   
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)