Author Topic: Midwar  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Midwar
« on: June 18, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »
This is the arena with arguably the best plane set in AH (my own favorite, after AvA, is EW, but I'm old), and one of the worst reputations.  Known as a haven of perk farmers, it also houses some of AH's best sticks.  Like the AvA, it is what people want to make of it. 

I wandered in there tonight because I'm not interested in GVs and it was Tank Night in AvA.  When I entered the arena, one side had something like 11 players, another side had two, and the third had none.  I picked the two-fer and headed for a red DAR bar.  Within a few minutes, as the fight developed, people began to even out the sides, and there were some most excellent fights to be had.  If you let people know you want to fight, you'll find takers (...or...was it that they knew they could get easy oldman kills to boost their scores...?).

Many nights you can find players like Shuffler, Black70 and Pangea in Midwar.  They are the equals of any pilot in any other arena, and good people to boot.  You may find it's worth living with the farmers (two unopposed bases were captured while I was there; hey, WTG dudes!) in order to have good, fair and fun fights with some of AH's most classic pilots.  Highly recommended (on nights the AvA is not an option).

- oldman

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
Re: Midwar
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »
Anytime you are looking for a MW 1v1 fight and I am there let me know.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 12:42:59 AM »
The numbers there and on the single digit range when I like to go there.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 02:39:32 AM »
I log on early morn US times and its always 0  :(
AvA is my fav arena when theres numbers (low teens) always some good fights to be had. Havent been in MW in a long time I drop in if i see anyone in there next time
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 06:26:08 AM »
 Last time i was in MW i spent my time chasing timid G3 kids around  :bhead noone wanted to fight,just perk farm/roll fields.
 havent been there since.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:25:46 AM »
I just wish midwar was more midwar and less latewar.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 10:20:42 AM »
Last time i was in MW i spent my time chasing timid G3 kids around  :bhead noone wanted to fight,just perk farm/roll fields.
 havent been there since.

Yes the Dawn Patrol notorious for that in mid & early war as well get within 2.5K they bail. Hit a set of Lancs with a 37mm he altf4 to avoid a 37mm soft gun?

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 01:05:22 PM »
Oldman always gives a great fight.  Respectable guy.

Cobia & Lyric also...   ...great defenders.  And I dread when I am in the air and see an A20 and Cobia logged on.  But I will always fight (knowing I will likely die).

I do take exception to the comment about "G3 kids not fighting".  We do spend most of our time in LW.  We have few that call MW home.  The guys I know will fight.  I think you are generalizing Knights as G3.  That is far from accurate.  The fact is, when G3 is on and firing on all cylinders, are formidable and tough to stop.  This discussion has been brought up before.  This is why we went to LW predominantly. 

It is easy to call someone out for "running" when they have been hovering an enemy field and run low on fuel or ammo or are bleeding out and decide to try to make it home.  Especially when the defender just simply ups over and over and over and over and over again.  It is why I prefer to squash and shut down a field if I intend to take it.  If one wants to kill me, I will do my best to make you earn it (not that it is too difficult for many sticks in the game).  I have seen it too often. 

Last night in MW was an experiment for me.  I haven't really spent a whole lot of time there.  I attempted to get everyone working together and it worked.  There is general team play.  It is a small enough arena that sides do stack up and work together.  All countries do it.  I have been on when bish and rook have had numbers.  It is fun actually.  There is no real rhyme or reason.  The numbers seem to bounce around though I agree the Knights almost always seem to have numbers.  But it does tilt in other directions also.   

Since my kid will be getting an account this weekend, I will most likely be spending time in MW for a while to get him prepared for LW and FSO operations.  yes...   ...a new squeaker is on the way!  LOL

:rock
SlipKnoT

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 01:15:24 PM »

Cobia & Lyric also...   ...great defenders.  And I dread when I am in the air and see an A20 and Cobia logged on.  But I will always fight (knowing I will likely die).

I do take exception to the comment about "G3 kids not fighting".  We do spend most of our time in LW.  We have few that call MW home.  The guys I know will fight.  I think you are generalizing Knights as G3.  That is far from accurate.  The fact is, when G3 is on and firing on all cylinders, are formidable and tough to stop.  This discussion has been brought up before.  This is why we went to LW predominantly. 

It is easy to call someone out for "running" when they have been hovering an enemy field and run low on fuel or ammo or are bleeding out and decide to try to make it home.  Especially when the defender just simply ups over and over and over and over and over again.  It is why I prefer to squash and shut down a field if I intend to take it.  If one wants to kill me, I will do my best to make you earn it (not that it is too difficult for many sticks in the game).  I have seen it too often. 

Last night in MW was an experiment for me.  I haven't really spent a whole lot of time there.  I attempted to get everyone working together and it worked.  There is general team play.  It is a small enough arena that sides do stack up and work together.  All countries do it.  I have been on when bish and rook have had numbers.  It is fun actually.  There is no real rhyme or reason.  The numbers seem to bounce around though I agree the Knights almost always seem to have numbers.  But it does tilt in other directions also.   

Since my kid will be getting an account this weekend, I will most likely be spending time in MW for a while to get him prepared for LW and FSO operations.  yes...   ...a new squeaker is on the way!  LOL

SlipKnoT
Finally! I'm not the youngest member of the squad anymore!
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »

SlipKnoT

It was over a year ago and i dont even remember who  all was in there,no disrespect to you guys,but the G3 and i think maybe popped into my mind because that was the highest # squad in there at that time.
 Good luck with the youngster,good times flying together for sure !!!
 My wife and daughter both had an intrest for a while but sadly they both lost it.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 11:09:45 PM »
Ill hop in there in the morning and have some fun
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
So I go into MW just now to see what it is like these days.....7 people on.....only sign of action was two cons taking off from a base with one of our carriers near by......so I take off from the carrier hoping to get a fight.......guy on carrier says..."you shouldn't have taken off.....now you have given away the position of our carrier.... I wanted to destroy the enemy fleet in front of us".....chose to ignore this and not make comment.....go towards one of the cons.....con bails when I get close.....other con has also gone.....

My opinion of MW.....don't waste your time there......
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:46:08 PM by Canspec »
Gnat

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
Spent a lot of time in MW when I first started, great bunch of people. Even got killed by Oldman on numerous occasions  :D . Fought with G3 a lot, never had any problem with them running from me though, another great bunch of guys. Even had the privilege of flying with them on occasion.

MW is a great place to start out in the game, your not overwhelmed by numbers or tactics.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 05:46:45 PM »
I've had some awesome fights with Black70 in MW. He's a good stick, good guy.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 03:54:09 AM »
theres never anybody on when i go in so i just run to LW  :furious