Author Topic: Aces High Ads?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Aces High Ads?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:38 PM »
An add on the Tv brought me here as well. I think it was an episode of "fighter aces" on the Military channel. All I know , is I am glad I don't work a job any more!!! This game is so addictive that I would get fired for showing up late (maybe I play too much?) lol I am hoping that HTC does a bit more advertising after the update as would be great to realize the type of numbers in game I always hear about from years past. :airplane:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Aces High Ads?
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 04:08:16 AM »
Couldn't help but weigh in.  I forget who it was, maybe Pyro, when they announced in the Main Arena one evening, they were going to record some films for an upcoming commercial, and asked interested parties to meet in another arena (might have been the old Combat Theater or Special Events arena must have been about ~10 years ago).

It drew a large crowd, and everyone seem to follow instructions, as we were herded into tanks along side of a dirt road.  I remember the chat was crazy with anticipation of what were going to be doing.  Then, suddenly we heard various voices and text chatter alive with comments like, "here they come!"....."They're in dive bombers!  Man your guns!"   :x

Seconds later  :airplane: we were buzzed several times by them and we did our best to rain lead in their direction but as the air of excitement took over all emotion  :D we weren't quite sure if we wanted to hit the planes for fear that one of them was rolling the film or might even playfully eject us  :furious

They finished their runs and thanked us all for taking part and then, all the shenanigans began.  It was the very first time I recalled seeing large numbers of tanks in the same small area, and yes we found instantly that we could shoot each other..... GAME ON!!!  :rock

Anyhow, I think they only used like 2, 2 second clips of the event in a 30 second commercial that some of you might be recalling as your introduction to the game.  If interested in seeing them again try youtube.  If you are interested in what is currently under wraps then go here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTbiZpm7CZRQtwl3FjNxsg