Author Topic: Rubber Bullets, Rocket and Bombs?  (Read 860 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Rubber Bullets, Rocket and Bombs?
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:01:19 AM »
Last evening I had the worse case of rubber ords ever.  I hit a P-38, 6 rocket-2 bomb attack on a hanger 90% of the time but last night I missed three in a row.  All night I missed very easy shots.  The worse, I set a K4 for a kill shooting so close, the K4 just about filled up the screen.  Nothing.

I noticed rubber bullets are common if windows downloads an update but no update last night unless the xbox being used on the same network got an update.

There will be those that say rubber bullets don't happen but I know they do especially during a network load increase.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:08:16 AM by Randy1 »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Rubber Bullets, Rocket and Bombs?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 06:13:03 AM »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »
rubber bullets

I seem to have this every time I play. I quit playing for a long stretch because its no fun when you cannot get a hit. I come back and its the same.
I average 70ms ping, I should not have this issue, yet.

I have guns at 400 converge. Outside of that the patterns to wide, minor hits do nada. inside of that I get nothing, I can be 200 out, pip is awash with target and I cannot get a hit. Only time I seem to really get hits is at exact converge point, and its always minor.

GV's seem to have been given an advantage, ai ack ack never misses, gunners in bombers just need to tag me once and I'm dead. It seems that stick stirring creates some of this issue, I feel theres a need for an algorithm, to steading out plane positioning so that abherent stick input does not make someone a ghost and impossible to hit. The sec I steady up to shoot I get tagged.

I payed for sub while not playing to help with games dev. However HTC, if all you are going to release, with the new terrain engine, is just eye candy......... WoW has failed because its just eye candy, poor environment scaling.  AH player base has not grown perceptively since I started playing.

I know I will never be a top player, that's OK, but when I play, I should not be kept only as a target for those who play all day long, gv's or bombers. These are my honest observations, not meant as a whine, altho I'm afraid that's how it will be taken.

I also do not get how solar flares would affect landline communications, wireless yes, wired????????????????????????
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »
I have had rubber bullets and I have nights I just plain missed but never all the time as you have noted.

MADe have you considered a P47 with the eight 50s?  Try setting the inner two sets of guns at 300 then set the outer two at 275.

Use zoom to shoot when needed. and a quote from one of the instructors"Sorry for the mind slip) here that teaches gunnery, "Aim small.  Miss small."  From Lusche, "Get close then get closer."

Don't forget about the neat target in offline practice.

.target 300     for a bulls eye at 300 yards.  then change it to 400 and see what happens.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
rubber bullets

I seem to have this every time I play. I quit playing for a long stretch because its no fun when you cannot get a hit. I come back and its the same.
I average 70ms ping, I should not have this issue, yet.

I have guns at 400 converge. Outside of that the patterns to wide, minor hits do nada. inside of that I get nothing, I can be 200 out, pip is awash with target and I cannot get a hit. Only time I seem to really get hits is at exact converge point, and its always minor.

GV's seem to have been given an advantage, ai ack ack never misses, gunners in bombers just need to tag me once and I'm dead. It seems that stick stirring creates some of this issue, I feel theres a need for an algorithm, to steading out plane positioning so that abherent stick input does not make someone a ghost and impossible to hit. The sec I steady up to shoot I get tagged.

I payed for sub while not playing to help with games dev. However HTC, if all you are going to release, with the new terrain engine, is just eye candy......... WoW has failed because its just eye candy, poor environment scaling.  AH player base has not grown perceptively since I started playing.

I know I will never be a top player, that's OK, but when I play, I should not be kept only as a target for those who play all day long, gv's or bombers. These are my honest observations, not meant as a whine, altho I'm afraid that's how it will be taken.

I also do not get how solar flares would affect landline communications, wireless yes, wired????????????????????????

Ask anyone who has read these boards and you will find that one of my biggest complaint is I have trouble hitting the ground with bullets let alone another plane!

There is an art to hitting a moving plane WHILE in a moving plane. With a lot of research and time looking at films I have gotten my hit percentage to hover around 4-5 percent, and going by Lusche's charts that is above average. 1-2 percent is the current average.

Even at 200 out with the plane filling your screen you NEED to lead the shot. What I did was watch films of players who shoot well. I asked them what they set there convergence to and then slowing the action way down I looked at the lead they pulled for different shots. In most cases I was VERY surprised to see how much lead was needed.

If I remember right, the hits are calculated on YOUR computer much like the version of where the plane is on YOUR computer as compared to the other guys computer. This is why sometimes a guy will get hits on you from a strange angle where you think he couldn't had a shot. What he sees is different than what you see, with more and more lag it can be VERY different. But back to the shooting, what you see on your computer is what counts. get the right lead and you score hits. Then its up to the internet. With sun spots disrupting communications and just crappy connections if the packet that has the hit data is lost along the way the other guy won't take damage, rubber bullets.

The system HTC uses is very good and most likely the best that can be had with todays technology. If you truly think it is HTC fault, explain why some players can maintain a 10+ hit percentage for the whole month. If HTC had a problem then EVERYONE would have a problem.

Ryno did a gunnery class a while back. VuduVince filmed it and posted it in 6 parts on his youtube page. It is well worth the time to go through it and use the practice tips in it to get your gunnery to a place your happy with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoeZIX5TnAI

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 09:29:30 AM »
See AH homepage/community/useful links/official Aces High Trainers home/miscellaneous/ "How lag affects Aces High"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »
See AH homepage/community/useful links/official Aces High Trainers home/miscellaneous/ "How lag affects Aces High"

I don't think lag is the issue.  It is  home network load and computer cpu load.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »
I don't think lag is the issue.  It is  home network load and computer cpu load.

If your computer is running the game with 40-50 fps then you are not running into CPU load issues. The network load in your house is the same as internet issues. If a packet gets dropped in your network at home it's just like it getting dropped through the internet.

Make sure you home network is clean and you can take that issue off the board. Trim down what your computer is running to keep the CPU issues off the board. Internet, well we are all at the mercy of that.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »
When I'm having the "What the Heck" kind of gunnery night or, few days, I change the convergence. Seems to help over the years. I've found from some maps I have to do that. If my connection is fine, another thing I do is exit the arena and delete all of the files related to that map so logging back in gives me a fresh download of the files.

I delete everything for that map in the ahiiterr and chconfig folders. Once in awhile I just delete out everything except NDisles files for good measure. Or I uninstall and reinstall.

I've found if my connection is funky, I reboot my router. If that doesn't make the internet happy, I pull in the convergence and fly up their kester to lands hits. Then if that doesn't work, I get a fresh map download. If that doesn't work, I go watch anime and movies until the internet loves me again.

Most players lead too little, too late in this game. Or in low E deflection shots from 5-20 degrees, start shooting too late to have time for any small corrections to concentrate the hit sprites. Many players wait to see your tracers, then jink into their signature move killing your ability to compensate. I have caught many obviously watching me with their 6 view waiting for the tracers. Turning off tracers buys you about 1 second of firing time. But, then you need to be really close, or learn how to aim rather than eye balling the tracer streams like you do with the wirbel.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
<snip>

There is no such thing as "wired" Internet communications from end to end.  At some point, most everything goes through the air.

And that is just a small part of the problem.  Power is another problem with the Internet.  Servers and routers and all the equipment needed to get data from point A to point B is subject to excess solar storm activity.

Then there is all that wonderful copper, which soaks up these EM waves like a sponge, only to regurgitate that power in all manner of bad ways.  Fiber is pretty much immune to solar flares, unless it takes out the power needed to operate those lines.

There are any number of things going wrong when we get hit with a solar storm like Earth did.

Most of the time all you need to do is run a Ping Plot to see what damage is being done along the path your data might take.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:09:01 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com