Author Topic: Your rig  (Read 17322 times)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
Re: Your rig
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2015, 04:05:45 AM »
  i will say this . my old $70 cpu ran this game at 75 percent.  but to the people who are building a new pc i will say look into the future not what gets you by now. tomorrows systems will demand more  not for just gaming . i spent over $1500 just in constant upgrades for my old system. my latest build is ready for tomorrow. its a simple matter of choice  pay less now and pay for the upgrades later. ripley is right in what he means now, but that is today not tomorrow
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »
  i will say this . my old $70 cpu ran this game at 75 percent.  but to the people who are building a new pc i will say look into the future not what gets you by now. tomorrows systems will demand more  not for just gaming . i spent over $1500 just in constant upgrades for my old system. my latest build is ready for tomorrow. its a simple matter of choice  pay less now and pay for the upgrades later. ripley is right in what he means now, but that is today not tomorrow

Most people have limited funds. So they have to consider what they get for their hard earned dollars. Do they choose to spend a lot on a CPU or a lot on GPU - most of the times they can't afford to spend a lot on both. By spending a lot on GPU and getting the price/performance miracle of G3258 they get an awesome gaming machine now. In the future if they get the money to buy more GPU then they can upgrade the CPU if it's not enough anymore.

To buy an expensive CPU now and skimp on the GPU - will give you a great slideshow game experience.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
Most people have limited funds. So they have to consider what they get for their hard earned dollars. Do they choose to spend a lot on a CPU or a lot on GPU - most of the times they can't afford to spend a lot on both. By spending a lot on GPU and getting the price/performance miracle of G3258 they get an awesome gaming machine now. In the future if they get the money to buy more GPU then they can upgrade the CPU if it's not enough anymore.

To buy an expensive CPU now and skimp on the GPU - will give you a great slideshow game experience.

what exactly is you definition of an expensive cpu?  because at 350 bucks I think it's not too bad.  on the other hand I will never spend over 500 bucks on an ssd like you have.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2015, 10:05:08 PM »

very true people do have limited funds available . and you can get by with the cheap cpu and again your right about the gpu . thats where your money should go for " gaming ".the key word is GAMING. take my new build , i could of got a Intel Celeron G1840 for $39.99 and just upgraded it later. my point being  IF you are just building for GAMING get the absolute BEST gpu you can afford now. if you can get a better gpu in 4 months wait till you can afford it. the big waste is money spent on upgrading every year or so. for me i had the cash so i got the $325.00 cpu . the Intel Celeron G1840 would of been a small cost at $39.99 for a temp usage if i did not have the cash.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
what exactly is you definition of an expensive cpu?  because at 350 bucks I think it's not too bad.  on the other hand I will never spend over 500 bucks on an ssd like you have.

semp

Every i7 falls into the expensive category to me. I really regreted even getting the i5 to my gaming box because the G3258 build was just as fast. Wasted money.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2015, 09:54:50 AM »
  very true people do have limited funds available . and you can get by with the cheap cpu and again your right about the gpu . thats where your money should go for " gaming ".the key word is GAMING. take my new build , i could of got a Intel Celeron G1840 for $39.99 and just upgraded it later. my point being  IF you are just building for GAMING get the absolute BEST gpu you can afford now. if you can get a better gpu in 4 months wait till you can afford it. the big waste is money spent on upgrading every year or so. for me i had the cash so i got the $325.00 cpu . the Intel Celeron G1840 would of been a small cost at $39.99 for a temp usage if i did not have the cash.

The Celerons are totally worthless. I wouldn't get one for free. You're missing the point. A G3258 gives incredible value for money.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
Every i7 falls into the expensive category to me. I really regreted even getting the i5 to my gaming box because the G3258 build was just as fast. Wasted money.

so is getting an ssd.

semp

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »
The Celerons are totally worthless. I wouldn't get one for free. You're missing the point. A G3258 gives incredible value for money.

actually you missed my point Rip . if all your trying to do is sell everyone the G3258 so be it. but your hijacking this thread with your sales pitch on your mistake getting an i5 instead of the G3258.  but it is a valuable lesson to all builders. plan out your build,  listen to the successful builders advice. keep your builds priorities straight so you dont have any regrets later.

just curious RIP  would like to see how your system scores on this

https://unigine.com/products/valley/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 02:10:32 PM by mikev »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2015, 02:24:04 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:43:51 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2015, 02:26:49 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:44:32 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2015, 03:25:28 AM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:45:04 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2015, 06:20:50 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:45:13 PM by Skuzzy »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:45:44 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2015, 08:59:24 AM »
I did a compromise and got the i5 processor. This computer does everything. Fair gaming performance and versatility too. Benchmark with everything set default clocking.

92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2015, 11:31:09 AM »
I did a compromise and got the i5 processor. This computer does everything. Fair gaming performance and versatility too. Benchmark with everything set default clocking.

(Image removed from quote.)

If you would have saved more on CPU and bought a better GPU with the money you'd be now sporting twice the points in that benchmark. That's the difference I'm talking about.