Author Topic: Chest Thumping is a FineTime  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Chest Thumping is a FineTime
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »
Yesterday many bish died at the hands of my B-17 Black Death Gunships. What made it so special was as follows:

My finest moment happened twice. The first was vSix0 in his PonyD. His first pass missed when i snap rolled forcing an overshoot. He did his regular vertical climb to drop. Now while most players would continue course and stay level i simply nosed down to gain E and timed his 2nd pass where as he began his drop I threw the B17 into the vertical by way of Shift-X. We found ourselves HO. With all forward guns blazing i smoked him at 800 out. He was forced to ram but caused no damage. I then drifted back down and caught my drone and carried on.

A second similar event occured the next sortie. Friendly 38 with 7 cons trailing his 6. I positioned myself to their 9 0clock in a shallow dive from7k drawing fighters off 1 by 1 wounding them or shooting them down. It shortly became 2vs2. 109g and La vs 38 and 2 B-17's. As the 38 broke the 109 and La both immediately climbed. I come up from below and once again threw mybird into the vertical using shift x. I found myself with a clear shot on the LA as he stalled in his climb renderring his controls useless. Time slowed down it seemed like as i tore into his plane at the apex of my climb. Shortly after the 109 got greedy and I smoked his plane as well allowing the 38 to clean up.

Was simply incredible to have both of us walk away from that situation facing incredible odds!

The B-17 is incredible under 25% fuel. Looking forward to perfecting these A-20/brewster hybrids this afternoon!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Chest Thumping is a FineTime
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »
Yesterday many bish died at the hands of my B-17 Black Death Gunships. What made it so special was as follows:

My finest moment happened twice. The first was vSix0 in his PonyD. His first pass missed when i snap rolled forcing an overshoot. He did his regular vertical climb to drop. Now while most players would continue course and stay level i simply nosed down to gain E and timed his 2nd pass where as he began his drop I threw the B17 into the vertical by way of Shift-X. We found ourselves HO. With all forward guns blazing i smoked him at 800 out. He was forced to ram but caused no damage. I then drifted back down and caught my drone and carried on.

A second similar event occured the next sortie. Friendly 38 with 7 cons trailing his 6. I positioned myself to their 9 0clock in a shallow dive from7k drawing fighters off 1 by 1 wounding them or shooting them down. It shortly became 2vs2. 109g and La vs 38 and 2 B-17's. As the 38 broke the 109 and La both immediately climbed. I come up from below and once again threw mybird into the vertical using shift x. I found myself with a clear shot on the LA as he stalled in his climb renderring his controls useless. Time slowed down it seemed like as i tore into his plane at the apex of my climb. Shortly after the 109 got greedy and I smoked his plane as well allowing the 38 to clean up.

Was simply incredible to have both of us walk away from that situation facing incredible odds!

The B-17 is incredible under 25% fuel. Looking forward to perfecting these A-20/brewster hybrids this afternoon!
both the pony abd the LA were killed in the verticle straight up and down. Straight up and down from the deck is glorious

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »
Nobody beats the Wiz.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
Looked at the stats just for fun and apparently there are...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 01:46:16 PM »
Nobody beats the Wiz.
Let the stats speak for themselves.  Ingame name?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 02:01:19 PM »
Now I understand what Earl was complaining about.
Pies not kicks.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »
Post film or it didn't happen
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline USAFCAPcTSgt

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »
Last B-17 mission I flew in MA a couple years back, I took off with 25% fuel and 500 lb bombload. I was level at 5000 ft and entered darbar of enemy base. Calibrated for perfect runway lineup.  Looking to get a fight started.

On approach, two enemy fighters were heading my way on climb out and afk. Used my chin turret and sent 2 players back to the tower. :devil

Now, I decided to bomb the runway on both ends and in the middle. 3 more victims including first 2 on second roll.

Dropped all my bombs, and heading due east and my luck was into the sun. I doved to the deck and raced back to friendly territory. 3 fighters on hot pursuit. 

Put a call out for squaddies to assist. A couple were high and on the way. 

With sun in front of me, I dispatched 2 more from tailgun. 3rd broke off. 

Back into no mans land and heading for safety with no more threats. I let my swuaddies know I was clear and they diverted to where a fight was at.

Landed safely with 7 victories.

Was that a chest pumping situation? Not to me. That was being lucky, good with skills, and good timing. Some might call that gaming the game.

I just call it simply knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your aircraft and assuming your opponnet know's theirs.

:salute

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »

This.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 03:47:52 PM »
Think it was a "finetime" for you to die yesterday in your over-modeled b-17 of garbage....

I can post a vid of it on youtube if you like...shows a 4 engine level bomber acting like a fighter and it catches on fire and dies like a fighter...

"finetime" to die...like I said...

you keep tryin that stuff and the vets of this game will call your bluff...

Apparently you havent ran into a 152 flown by zoney or a tempy flown by cmex...

I'll be hunting bombers again tonight...that junk you call legitimate play....gonna get ya killed...over and over and over... :bolt:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 04:02:24 PM »
On the other hand easy to dog fight when u can jump around and shoot from any angle. Dont have to learn to maneuver then.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 04:08:36 PM »

^ this!   :rofl

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »

This is why AH really should have the Romanian IAR-420 bomber-interceptor included. 

While only a handful were fielded during the war, they were highly effective twin laser-cannon armed unicorns flown exclusively by vampires trained to counter the allied B-17 tactics of "snap rolls", formation warping and vertical attacks.

:rolleyes:
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 05:29:36 PM »
Think it was a "finetime" for you to die yesterday in your over-modeled b-17 of garbage....

I can post a vid of it on youtube if you like...shows a 4 engine level bomber acting like a fighter and it catches on fire and dies like a fighter...

"finetime" to die...like I said...

you keep tryin that stuff and the vets of this game will call your bluff...

Apparently you havent ran into a 152 flown by zoney or a tempy flown by cmex...

I'll be hunting bombers again tonight...that junk you call legitimate play....gonna get ya killed...over and over and over... :bolt:

Zoney is 0-2 against my 17's in a 152 and i easily dispatched Belowk in his tempest and Hamrdown in an LA 2vs1 otherday. Hamr accused me of cheating and threw a big fit.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »
This is why AH really should have the Romanian IAR-420 bomber-interceptor included. 

While only a handful were fielded during the war, they were highly effective twin laser-cannon armed unicorns flown exclusively by vampires trained to counter the allied B-17 tactics of "snap rolls", formation warping and vertical attacks.

:rolleyes:

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural :neener:

CO-Fine
XO-KO