Author Topic: Saitek X52 Pro (stick and throttle) and MS Device Manager errors  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Article_86

• Zinc Member
I think I found out why I can't program my stick properly:

Running Win 7 Pro.  I have all updates except the Win 10 garbage that MS tried to sneak in.  Went to Device Manager and found errors (please see attached .jpg).  I have no idea what these errors are from.  Perhaps they are from the OEM Saitek Controller disk that came with the controller.  I bought it around 2006 so I may have installed old drivers or DirectX.  Went to Saitek to look for updates and found that Mad Catz seems to own the product now.  Can't remember if I found any updates there.  Anyway, I need some sound advise if I should delete these entries in Device Manager, uninstall controller software, and start over.  If I need to do that, will someone let me know what order I should use to perform this purge/reinstall.  I should note that the MS calibrator shows no problem.  My controller mapping software seems to operate OK, but while in the game weapons are not mapped correctly.  Should I be using/install the Saitek mapping software at all, and just use the mapping feature found in AH?  Back in my Fighter Ace days this was an issue with some sticks.  I'm going to try to find my Saitek manual ... if I can, or succumb to my impatience and rip everything out ... but I prefer not to if I don't have to.  Crap, now I have to figure out how to upload my screenshot ... heavy sigh.  BRB.

- Art
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:31:13 PM by Article_86 »
"Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away." - Antigonish - 1899,  poet Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• Zinc Member
Re: Saitek X52 Pro (stick and throttle) and MS Device Manager errors
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »
I see the "Image" button above, but I still can't figure out how to insert a small .jpg file.  Need to walk away before I break another monitor.  lol  Any help on this one?  Sorry for being such a dunce.

- Art
"Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away." - Antigonish - 1899,  poet Hughes Mearns

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:35 PM »
didna see any jpg.-------------------I'm also having throuble with my regular x52---u can read my post in this same forum
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »
I see the "Image" button above, but I still can't figure out how to insert a small .jpg file.  Need to walk away before I break another monitor.  lol  Any help on this one?  Sorry for being such a dunce.

- Art
lol
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »
Art, expand the "Attachments and other options" link in the post edit dialog box.  That is where you attach a file.

Please note:  Not all of the forums support file attachments, so do not expect to see that option available in every forum.  It may not be available in this forum.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 03:44:24 PM »
I think I found out why I can't program my stick properly:

Running Win 7 Pro.  I have all updates except the Win 10 garbage that MS tried to sneak in.  Went to Device Manager and found errors (please see attached .jpg).  I have no idea what these errors are from.  Perhaps they are from the OEM Saitek Controller disk that came with the controller.  I bought it around 2006 so I may have installed old drivers or DirectX.  Went to Saitek to look for updates and found that Mad Catz seems to own the product now.  Can't remember if I found any updates there.  Anyway, I need some sound advise if I should delete these entries in Device Manager, uninstall controller software, and start over.  If I need to do that, will someone let me know what order I should use to perform this purge/reinstall.  I should note that the MS calibrator shows no problem.  My controller mapping software seems to operate OK, but while in the game weapons are not mapped correctly.  Should I be using/install the Saitek mapping software at all, and just use the mapping feature found in AH?  Back in my Fighter Ace days this was an issue with some sticks.  I'm going to try to find my Saitek manual ... if I can, or succumb to my impatience and rip everything out ... but I prefer not to if I don't have to.  Crap, now I have to figure out how to upload my screenshot ... heavy sigh.  BRB.

- Art

I would un-install all the saitek software and reboot. When windows "sees" the controllers let it install them. I'm pretty sure you do NOT need the saitek software at all. Once it has finished check in the windows controllers section that they are working correctly. Next, load the game and try to map buttons or axises. Remember to click the "ok" button after you have done a few. Get out on the runway and test the few that you loaded.

If it doesn't work, come back here and type out exactly set by step what you did to map your buttons in the game. 

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
I would un-install all the saitek software and reboot. When windows "sees" the controllers let it install them. I'm pretty sure you do NOT need the saitek software at all. Once it has finished check in the windows controllers section that they are working correctly. Next, load the game and try to map buttons or axises. Remember to click the "ok" button after you have done a few. Get out on the runway and test the few that you loaded.

If it doesn't work, come back here and type out exactly set by step what you did to map your buttons in the game.

It may be true that the software is not needed, it is invaluable to take full advantage of the X-52's potential.
As a previous owner of one, I knows what I speaks...

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »

I had the same problems when I first got my X52. I was told the software was not compatible with Aces high, because the game already has control support and mapping. I uninstalled, rebooted, and everything works fine. The only features I lost were the programmable functions of the lcd screen. None of them are needed by Aces High though, because it already allows you to have separate modes.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Article_86

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 04:26:35 PM »
Art, expand the "Attachments and other options" link in the post edit dialog box.  That is where you attach a file.

Please note:  Not all of the forums support file attachments, so do not expect to see that option available in every forum.  It may not be available in this forum.

Mystery Solved - TY

Offline Article_86

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »

Okee dokee!  Will do, but first I have to figure out some firewall changes that I think were wrong as well as some IE security settings.

- Art