i wish for everyone to stop running and start fighting that is all
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Fights
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:58:49 PM »
Feel free to seek out the AK's, esp. on Mondays.  You can fight all of us... at the same time if you wish  :neener:

I solved that by flying a fast plane...  It's harder for them to run...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »
Meathead's got the right of it.  No matter what, you only have control over your own situation.  Fly a faster plane, they'll have more trouble running.  Let them get closer to your base, they'll have more trouble ack dragging.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:42:12 PM »
Last night I encountered the bomber version of running, a 30K KI67.   :rofl

Who does this? (I actually know, but won't say) Of course, after a little digging, I think I see why.  When you see someone flying in the stratosphere and hitting town centers, what's the first thing that comes to mind..  *score <cough> score*

SMH....

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »
Last night I encountered the bomber version of running, a 30K KI67.   :rofl

Who does this? (I actually know, but won't say) Of course, after a little digging, I think I see why.  When you see someone flying in the stratosphere and hitting town centers, what's the first thing that comes to mind..  *score <cough> score*

SMH....

I like finding him no matter what plane he is flying.  I can tell you for sure, he won't be an easy kill, he won't bail, and when you do kill him he won't trash talk on 200 or PM.  He is also rarely above 30k.  I can't say I blame him for flying there, he wants a chance to get his eggs on target and complete his mission by landing at least one of his bombers.  I'm glad he plays, if you do not want to chase a KI67 it's simple, break off and find a different target.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 02:40:52 PM »
Feel free to seek out the AK's, esp. on Mondays.  You can fight all of us... at the same time if you wish  :neener:

I solved that by flying a fast plane...  It's harder for them to run...

Last night, I encountered an "AK" and he wanted no part of a fight.

Coming alone to an enemy base (with radar up) at 9-10k, I saw an enemy darbar in the sector.  Cool, someone to fight.  Flew near but not over the town and spotted him, a P-47N.  I drop on him and he goes right to the deck.  I climb back up and he goes straight for the field and lands.  I made no attempt to follow him through his ack, so the "fight" is over.  If he wanted to use the ack cover to get alt on me, it would have been fine.  I would have waited.  I was in a P-40, mind you.  Nope.  I bailed and logged off.

The film viewer is the only reason the identity of the fraidy cat is known.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 02:07:06 PM »
Last night, I encountered an "AK" and he wanted no part of a fight.

Coming alone to an enemy base (with radar up) at 9-10k, I saw an enemy darbar in the sector.  Cool, someone to fight.  Flew near but not over the town and spotted him, a P-47N.  I drop on him and he goes right to the deck.  I climb back up and he goes straight for the field and lands.  I made no attempt to follow him through his ack, so the "fight" is over.  If he wanted to use the ack cover to get alt on me, it would have been fine.  I would have waited.  I was in a P-40, mind you.  Nope.  I bailed and logged off.

The film viewer is the only reason the identity of the fraidy cat is known.
If it was who I think it was, I know one of my guys had to bolt due to a family issue.  I know I don't run for the sake of running 1v1. Now, when being chased by the horde, ya, I will extend till only one is left or help comes to even the odds a little. 

If you ever seem me on, I will be more than glad to engage, just let me know where you are.  I ain't stupid though, I won't go round and round against a zeke or anything. 

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 03:42:37 PM »
.... Now, when being chased by the horde, ya, I will extend till only one is left or help comes to even the odds a little. 

...  I ain't stupid though, I won't go round and round against a zeke or anything.

with all due respect....

this is why you will never get good enough to be dangerous...

ego aside...this is not about ego...or who is best or better or whatever...

I am talking about straight up flying a virtual plane..... a fighter plane...... in a fighter game....

I would think one would want to become as good as one can be....yes I know some only play to be around friends and never aspire to be very good....if you are one of those who are like that...then nothing I say will help at all....

if you are a fighter....someone who wants to be the very best he can be....who wants to be known as "dangerous"...in this silly little game....

then you are going about it the wrong way....I hate saying the words "trust me"

but I am here to tell you the only way to become the best you can become is by never running....never RTBing until you have just enough fuel to get home or no ammo....

forget about your score...stop worrying about dieing...(I mean it is kinda silly to worry about dieing in a combat game)

fight every fight that comes your way no matter the numbers...

this will give you SA that is off the wall....it will sharpen up your timing....it will give you HO avoiding skills....will teach you every nuance of the plane you are in...I suggest pick one very capable plane and fly to the biggest red dar there is with the least amount of green...come in between 10-15 k (there most likely will still be higher enemy) fight aggressive..... but smart...watch for the guys that try to climb out and get ALT on you....

I have been flying this way for 10 years....

it never gets stale...every fight is different....the "war" game is the same every time..the buildings never move....when you attack 5-10 people alone and more........the adrenaline rush is truly the only reason I play.....I get that every time I fly...

I have had some pretty awesome complements in my days of AH far more complements then rage pms and accusations of cheating...which have been many hahaha

when you switch to a new country and someone says..."INK damn I am glad you are green"

you know you have been doing it right.

just my thoughts on the matter with all respect :salute

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 07:51:51 PM »
with all due respect....

this is why you will never get good enough to be dangerous...

ego aside...this is not about ego...or who is best or better or whatever...

I am talking about straight up flying a virtual plane..... a fighter plane...... in a fighter game....

I would think one would want to become as good as one can be....yes I know some only play to be around friends and never aspire to be very good....if you are one of those who are like that...then nothing I say will help at all....

if you are a fighter....someone who wants to be the very best he can be....who wants to be known as "dangerous"...in this silly little game....

then you are going about it the wrong way....I hate saying the words "trust me"

but I am here to tell you the only way to become the best you can become is by never running....never RTBing until you have just enough fuel to get home or no ammo....

forget about your score...stop worrying about dieing...(I mean it is kinda silly to worry about dieing in a combat game)

fight every fight that comes your way no matter the numbers...

this will give you SA that is off the wall....it will sharpen up your timing....it will give you HO avoiding skills....will teach you every nuance of the plane you are in...I suggest pick one very capable plane and fly to the biggest red dar there is with the least amount of green...come in between 10-15 k (there most likely will still be higher enemy) fight aggressive..... but smart...watch for the guys that try to climb out and get ALT on you....

I have been flying this way for 10 years....

it never gets stale...every fight is different....the "war" game is the same every time..the buildings never move....when you attack 5-10 people alone and more........the adrenaline rush is truly the only reason I play.....I get that every time I fly...

I have had some pretty awesome complements in my days of AH far more complements then rage pms and accusations of cheating...which have been many hahaha

when you switch to a new country and someone says..."INK damn I am glad you are green"

you know you have been doing it right.

just my thoughts on the matter with all respect :salute
Um, thanks?

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 09:51:40 PM »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 10:20:33 PM »
I WILL NEVER RUN!

I WILL FIGHT NO MATTER THE ODDS!

I WILL SHOW THE ENEMY HOW FEARSOME MY BURNING PLANE IS!

Wait, what?... It's not supposed to be burning?

FEAR ME ANYWAY PEASANTS!

RAAAAAAWRRR!!!

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »
I WILL NEVER RUN!

I WILL FIGHT NO MATTER THE ODDS!

I WILL SHOW THE ENEMY HOW FEARSOME MY BURNING PLANE IS!

Wait, what?... It's not supposed to be burning?

FEAR ME ANYWAY PEASANTS!

RAAAAAAWRRR!!!

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 09:39:24 AM »
i wish for everyone to stop running and start fighting that is all

I fly a P-38.  I have no problem getting people to fight.  They seem to be drawn like a magnet to my plane. 

So fly a Lightning and enjoy lots of fights.  Or, if you don't want to fly a Lightning, find someone who is, and make it your job to keep the bandits off him.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 01:26:58 PM »

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »