Author Topic: I have done dumb things to lose 262 points...  (Read 2811 times)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
Re: I have done dumb things to lose 262 points...
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 12:58:25 PM »
Seems like an appropriate thread to re-post this:

No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »
My first ever 262 run was a SlipKnoT G3MF fighter sweep. Boy those are fun. Anyways it was SlipKnoT, Biggamer, Alpha81, NAVCAD, Jdog, wagger and I. We went to some base and intercepted several sets of bombers and fighters and knocking down everything that came within sight. We all have anywheres from 2-4 kills and are rtb. Mind you, this was my first 262 sortie and I had the landing gear ripped off for some reason. Anyways we are all coming in to land and I'm getting ready to make a belly landing. I come in, I have a great approach, I begin my dive and get ready to put her down. Needless to say I didn't watch my airspeed and as soon as I touched the ground I found myself in the tower.

I actually remember this sortie.  Map and all...  I felt guilty for you!  LOL 
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 01:06:33 PM »

Epic run!!!  Love this vid.  Grizz is truly the 262 MASTER!!!
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
Most fun to be had in a 262 is when one takes off never expecting to make it back, if your not worried about perkies the jet is great entertainment.

This. Flying perk planes is the most fun if you consider the points gone as soon as you roll. That's what I do. Make it back? Bonus points!
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »
Flying a 262 with my old wireless joystick and the batteries die and hence I lose the jet.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »

whoever was flying that 262 knew what they were doing
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
be very careful clearing someones 6 in a 262, espeacially bombers... 1 stray 30mm in your buddy and you are in the tower with an achievement (yes, I have it and have lost two 262s this way). I also never have more than 600 perkies in fighter because of my 262 addiction. I also really only fly 30+eny planes to feed my 262 addiction.

They said I should go to rehab (offline mode); but I said no..no...no!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »
I have way....to many drunken stories about flying 262s....

Once made Google laugh so hard taking off he crashed his 262 into trees taking off.... I once had to go pee on climb out and came back to watch my 262 ditch into some trees.... once rammed an A6M2 in a furball and crashed to my death; A6m2 flew away fine....Once thought it would be funny to vulch a field and didn't notice the single 37mm ack up; someone got one shot off and scored a hit on my wing LOL. I mostly lost my perks just for the hell of it; I had over 20,000 something fighter perks anyway.

On the plus side - I did land over 20 kills in a scenario in a 262. I once shot down 15 in a single sortie; lost partial of a wing and an engine and managed to climb 6k to land at a base; belly flopping on the runway.. Once managed to take off on a field completely capped; caused three vulchers to auger trying to pick me; ho'd down two C-47's, then ran after the other 3 C-47s with the entire bish army behind me trying to catch me.

I think the Scenario was the best achievement; multiple sorties with over 15 kills each time, it was a blast with topgun; except for having to dogfight Tempest's at 28k.
JG 52

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2015, 05:53:52 PM »
Latrobe and I decided we would take 262s to TT to hunt GVs and wirblies. Latrobe managed to get a kill then got shot down, I managed to lose half a wing and crash while trying to land. The sad thing is, I took another 262 out to go do the same thing the very next sortie.

...I never did get a kill.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2015, 08:19:48 PM »
This. Flying perk planes is the most fun if you consider the points gone as soon as you roll. That's what I do. Make it back? Bonus points!

It would be delusional for me to think anything else.(with the sole exception of the mossie 16)
Pies not kicks.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »
I tried to deack a small field in a 262 once.  It didn't work out too well for me. :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 10:00:59 PM »
Anyone ever go through a few thousand perks trying to kill tanks by rolling around on the ground trying to sneek up on them?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:52 AM »
Anyone ever go through a few thousand perks trying to kill tanks by rolling around on the ground trying to sneek up on them?

There was a guy in the 367th that would take B-25's out of the hanger and try to sneak up on tankers; he did have the most kills in a Jeep ill credit him that - funniest kill ever was when he snuck up on LT's Tiger that was camping on a ridge; he drove for a good HOUR to get around the spawn and behind LT's tiger; then ran inside and machine gunned him down.

The whole driving a B-25H around was funny, except for when you clip a tree or two, then it gets old fast. I do believe I have one kill; someone drive a T-34/85 on a runway and i spawned a B-25H right behind him.

JG 52

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 10:38:14 AM »
First 262 sortie, I had just joined a squadron. I was vectoring to meet up with squadies for an attack, and let's just say that I was not aware of the squad and voice highlight, and had somehow toggled myself into plane type view.

It is not a winning combination.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »
I still have a little giggle thinking about Dahmer trying to up a 262 from a tanktown field only to have Zacherof in a perfect spot to vulch him as his wheels go up  :rofl