Author Topic: I have done dumb things to lose 262 points...  (Read 2805 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: I have done dumb things to lose 262 points...
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »
One FSO we were assigned MOSSI bombers.  I had to fill a certain amount.  I had one guy I could put in a MOSSI fighter.

We were pretty much on our own.  The bombers have NO GUNS!!!  NONE!!!

I elected to not up formations because we knew the 262s would be out there.  I thought in scout mode.  Low and behold a pair came streaking by.  Then 4 more showed up.  Was a squad in the 262s.  Can't remember exactly how many.

My ace up the sleeve?  I had Biggamer tucked in (hidden) to look like a bomber and was in fact a fighter. 

That first and second pass, Biggamer scored x4 262 kills in less than a minute and a half.  Was the funniest thing I ever seen!

:rofl
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 06:16:48 PM »
One FSO we were assigned MOSSI bombers.  I had to fill a certain amount.  I had one guy I could put in a MOSSI fighter.

We were pretty much on our own.  The bombers have NO GUNS!!!  NONE!!!

I elected to not up formations because we knew the 262s would be out there.  I thought in scout mode.  Low and behold a pair came streaking by.  Then 4 more showed up.  Was a squad in the 262s.  Can't remember exactly how many.

My ace up the sleeve?  I had Biggamer tucked in (hidden) to look like a bomber and was in fact a fighter. 

That first and second pass, Biggamer scored x4 262 kills in less than a minute and a half.  Was the funniest thing I ever seen!

:rofl

I remember this... The squadron with the 262's were the CiC of the frame and they selfishly/naturally gave themselves the deuces when they had no idea how to fly them. What's worse they were a newer squadron that joined FSO
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »
Schwable- the speedy killer: https://youtu.be/_GOHkhM_sLg
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
Flying at almost top speed and passing a Vbase about 5k away and getting towered by smoker82 in what has to be one of the luckiest 88 hits in AH.

Getting nailed by a crossing shot at TT in CraterMA (I'm not sure the shot was even aimed at me)

Opening fire on a set of B24's and being so close that my own splash damage killed me. (I earned the secret achievement for that)

Trying to takeoff from a CV in the MA and plunking into the water...and getting run over by the CV.  (it is possible to take off from a CV btw)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2015, 02:41:58 AM »
Me a KillerT managed to auger in our 262s trying to kill a C47... I would love to know how many perkies he got for that + a sucessful goon capture mission.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2015, 12:59:58 PM »
Had one on Saturday morning I believe...

Logged on.  Squadie being chased by 2 fighters in his lancs.  Got on the runway in mah 262...

Throttle was pulled back so I could lock in brakes for the rev up.

Screen freeze...

Got back to the tower and less 288 perkies...

Seems the "auto flight" took over and pushed me to 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and level flight...  In other words, it launched me without my authorization. 

Seemingly, AT&T has cost me more fighter perkies than I am comfortable with.   :bhead

BOOOOOOO!!!
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »
In an attempt to kill Rook HQ last night, we sent in Flam3out in his 262 to gun and ram, after bombing the hell out of it. He went full cruise missile  :rock

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 02:10:31 AM »
lol did the cruise missle work?
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 09:36:35 AM »
lol did the cruise missle work?
No. We then sent the 3 sets of YB-40s in to gunship it down, didn't work. Just before the cruise missile we had a set of Ki-67s smack it, too. That HQ would not die.

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »
I have tried to main gun 262s but I haven't connected yet!  I hope you gave him a salute after you got over the fact that, yes, that just happened!  LOL

:x

I saluted him. I was speechless for a while though.  I was going pretty fast sub 1k looking for m3s going to a WF town. I bet I have the video somewhere......