Author Topic: For Ack Ack  (Read 10703 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: For Ack Ack
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »
Will the new flight sim engine allow the GV'ers to set the Ground Clutter to as far as they can see?
The current terrain only shows ground clutter close to the gv with a range that appears to be roughly 100 feet.
I am just curious.

:salute

Ground clutter objects are about 10 x 10 cells I.E. 100 sq ft. You can See approximately 18  miles each way. Or 36 billion square feet.
36 Billion / 100 = 3.6 billion objects.

So your answer is no.

HiTech

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »
I would think that would completely squash frame rates.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »
Any chance we'll get better sized trees? A Hetzer isn't much taller than a man, and branches can still obscure your view from commanders position, which shouldn't be much more than 10 ft agl.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »
Any chance we'll get better sized trees?

What to you mean by "Better Sized"?

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2015, 02:47:06 PM »
Guess his tweezers are 100ft long. I'd hate to be shot by his 1000ft tall hetzer.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2015, 03:09:43 PM »

36 Billion / 100 = 3.6 billion objects.

HiTech

I think I see the problem.   :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2015, 03:50:36 PM »
Any chance we'll get better sized trees? A Hetzer isn't much taller than a man, and branches can still obscure your view from commanders position, which shouldn't be much more than 10 ft agl.
Can't speak to Europe, but in California, Texas and India (three places I've spent significant time) the branch density in forests would very much obscure any visibility at 10f AGL.  Once you do actually get below the tree branch level, well, then the bushes obscure vision.  Nature abhorring a vacuum and all.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »
Sheep reach to the height specified to graze low branches..
Sheep are coming back   I surmise  :x
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2015, 07:17:56 AM »
A long time ago, in a world far away an employ of mine announced a mission we were running to the opposing. The next day when he was flying a very strange bug happen to appear in the game, I have NOOOO idea how it got there. The bug was any damage he did was applied to him instead. He just couldn't figure out how he was getting shot down every time when he was about to kill someone.

HiTech

Which brings up a question that has bugged me for some time:  How often do you get to play Aces High? 

As much as you obviously love airplanes, and as much as you obviously love this game, it would make me very sad to find out that you don't get to play the game yourself.

I know that you would not play under the "Hitech" call sign, and I wouldn't want to know what call sign you use.  I just want the satisfaction of knowing that you get to enjoy the fruits of your own labor.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2015, 09:31:32 AM »
Which brings up a question that has bugged me for some time:  How often do you get to play Aces High? 

As much as you obviously love airplanes, and as much as you obviously love this game, it would make me very sad to find out that you don't get to play the game yourself.

I know that you would not play under the "Hitech" call sign, and I wouldn't want to know what call sign you use.  I just want the satisfaction of knowing that you get to enjoy the fruits of your own labor.

Hitech = Jayro

:rofl :rofl :rofl
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2015, 11:32:34 AM »

It is very difficult to enjoy your own game. I stair at the game for work all day long. So when I play the game it is almost impossible to become immersed because I am seeing all the things I want to change or the things I am not satisfied with.

HiTech

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »
HT,
Great looking lighting and lightning.
I think your concession to the HUD is good and for a very rational reason.
And I think, and have always thought since it was introduced that the way that icons disappear behind canopy struts and then return should be rethought for the same reason. Its exaggerating a limitation of the computer screen vs reality much more then it is reflecting reality. In a deflection shot the pilots eyes are focused so far beyond the canopy frame that he would barely see it.

If a way could be thought of to impose the frame work as a liability in spotting but not in shooting, that would be ideal IMHO.

Looking forward to seeing this new version.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2015, 11:32:58 PM »
Me again. Sorry if I seem like a pest. The current ground clutter goes out about 100 feet. I understand greater distances would cause problems with fps and overtax the typical video card used for AH. Would it be possible to add a second layer of ground clutter with less detail under the current clutter, and go out about 1000 feet ? At that distance it would blend in better with the terrain. The ground clutter does add allot of realism to the WW2 sim.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2015, 11:51:27 PM »
It is very difficult to enjoy your own game. I stair at the game for work all day long. So when I play the game it is almost impossible to become immersed because I am seeing all the things I want to change or the things I am not satisfied with.

HiTech

been there done that. dont think any of us would like to go home from work and do the same thing they just spent 8 hours doing.  but i promise you some day you will come home and say look at what i did today and smile. retirement does that.
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc