Author Topic: For Ack Ack  (Read 10734 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: For Ack Ack
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2015, 07:18:37 AM »
Yeeeeesssssssssssss.......... unless you want to skin the shark with friggen laser beams on his head or Santa's sled.  I would say that is the appropriate  place to draw the line.  Nice try, but no correlation between the two. 

I assume that you haven't read HiTech's replies.  To sum it up, the HUD provides the same information that actual pilots would be able to gain at a glance, and should aid in the areas of flight that  simply cannot be experienced in the cartoon virtual pilot seat.
Yes, I agree.  the HUD is a concession to better simulate the amount of information (i.e. feedback) you would have when flying a real plane.  You can't "feel" banking and G force in a PC simulation so to get that, some thing can be added to compensate for this loss. 

I don't see it as a bad thing.  Historically accurate, no, but a single lanc couldn't destroy HQ in real life either  :D
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2015, 01:11:09 PM »
One thing I concern about is pitch ladder - it may allow much higher accuracy in dive bombing as it would be much easier to keep the pitch steady on a predefined angle - which isn't that easy. Even Ju-87 had a special "instrument" (on a side of the cockpit) to keep the pitch withing the range.

He has a point, the GV's better get ready  :devil

That said in aces high its easy to get fooled by the polygons on your screen and forget where the actual upside is, while I guess it is instinctive in real life...

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »
that is a very highly polished P38 :eek:

Hands off suckas that's mine! :banana:
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2015, 06:29:27 PM »
that is a very highly polished P38 :eek:

It won't be when you get finished with it. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »
Heeheehee
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2015, 07:13:30 PM »
ALL HAIL Hitech!!! :salute well Done...btw we need to talk about making me a plane skin that will make  AKAK's 38 explode if his rounds hit my plane ..Thank you :aok :devil jk of course..his plane doesn't need to explode..Just electrify his chair or undies!  ... A 3 second burst for every round that hits me should do it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:19:25 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »
... A 3 second burst for every round that hits me should do it.
That can be arranged for a price.

HiTech

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2015, 02:22:26 AM »

HiTech
I'll email you my first offer.. :aok :devil
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2015, 02:54:03 AM »
I'll email you my first offer.. :aok :devil

I'll match it if you throw in a pair of AH nipple clamps  :old:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2015, 03:22:56 AM »

HiTech

whooooaaaa  a price , how about if anybodys bullets hit my plane , price no problem....
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
and you all wonder why i say "1 of these days you will all regret shooting me down"
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »
whooooaaaa  a price , how about if anybodys bullets hit my plane , price no problem....
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
and you all wonder why i say "1 of these days you will all regret shooting me down"

A long time ago, in a world far away an employ of mine announced a mission we were running to the opposing. The next day when he was flying a very strange bug happen to appear in the game, I have NOOOO idea how it got there. The bug was any damage he did was applied to him instead. He just couldn't figure out how he was getting shot down every time when he was about to kill someone.

HiTech

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »
Mistakes were made....
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
A long time ago, in a world far away an employ of mine announced a mission we were running to the opposing. The next day when he was flying a very strange bug happen to appear in the game, I have NOOOO idea how it got there. The bug was any damage he did was applied to him instead. He just couldn't figure out how he was getting shot down every time when he was about to kill someone.

HiTech

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2015, 02:02:56 PM »

HiTech
  hehehehe ok then sounds like business as normal then. most of the time i cant hit anything anyways so i wont worry . but 1 24 hour period of invincibility would sure be fun flying into the horde alone .
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »
Will the new flight sim engine allow the GV'ers to set the Ground Clutter to as far as they can see?
The current terrain only shows ground clutter close to the gv with a range that appears to be roughly 100 feet.
I am just curious.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)