Author Topic: Alpha rules.  (Read 1750 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Alpha rules.
« on: July 27, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »
Some one has posted a link on a different sight to the AH alpha.

The purpose of this alpha is for alpha testers to report bugs, as I stated in the Please read post. For someone to report bugs they must be a member of this bbs. Hence why we made this forum viewable to members only

I assumed it was self evident that posting a link to the AH Alpha down load was not acceptable behavior. 
The alpha test is not a big secret, but nor is the download open to everyone. If we had wished that to be the case we would have put the download on the front page.

Because of the link we had to rename the file , I was out of the office and I can not currently provide a link to the new file name.

It will be available again as soon as I get to the office tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

HiTech

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Alpha rules.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:29:06 AM »
Why am I not surprised.  :bhead

Excommunicate the bugger!!!!  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:27 AM »
I would consider going back to using NDA's , I know they are a pita perhaps, but it might make people realize exactly how important some things are

just saying...... damn shame some don't have the sense of a turtle....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:26:16 AM »
An NDA would perhaps be overkill, but these rules should have been expressly stated beforehand. I cannot fathom how anyone can assume that people (children even) from all over the world will act in an acceptable manner without first telling them what is acceptable and what is not.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 09:20:18 AM »
Link is good again.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »
An NDA would perhaps be overkill, but these rules should have been expressly stated beforehand. I cannot fathom how anyone can assume that people (children even) from all over the world will act in an acceptable manner without first telling them what is acceptable and what is not.

Uhh They were.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 02:58:20 PM »
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »
It was me. 

From other endeavors in life, it is a fact that more eyes are better than less eyes as long communication of what is seen and experienced is passed along appropriately.  While banned folks cannot access the BBS directly, it isn't a stretch at all to say the few PNG I know would pass along bugs to people that do have access to the BBS.  Even if they didn't pass it along, I couldn't imagine any harm would come of it especially when any new version would generate excitement, enthusiasm, applause, respect, and admiration for the game and it's developers.

I thought it was kept off the front page so new subscribers who do not know the game wouldn't try to "help".  It didn't even cross my mind to think seasoned, experienced AHers would be excluded.

My apologies.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 04:24:49 PM »
Changeup just manned up <S>
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 07:30:18 PM »
Changeup just manned up <S>

2nd that...... but Changeup has always been a good fella, regardless of anything else that doesn't really matter one hoot

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »
It was me. 

From other endeavors in life, it is a fact that more eyes are better than less eyes as long communication of what is seen and experienced is passed along appropriately.  While banned folks cannot access the BBS directly, it isn't a stretch at all to say the few PNG I know would pass along bugs to people that do have access to the BBS.  Even if they didn't pass it along, I couldn't imagine any harm would come of it especially when any new version would generate excitement, enthusiasm, applause, respect, and admiration for the game and it's developers.

I thought it was kept off the front page so new subscribers who do not know the game wouldn't try to "help".  It didn't even cross my mind to think seasoned, experienced AHers would be excluded.

My apologies.

It wasn't just you, it was posted on my forums in a attempt to get my squadron(s) that are full of people that have very weak systems to spend some time in the Alpha.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 11:39:08 AM »
Shhhhhhsh,

Reading makes your eyes bugger and your nose bleed and your head explode.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 02:36:52 PM »
Shhhhhhsh,

Reading makes your eyes bugger and your nose bleed and your head explode.

Only when it's your walls and walls of text Bustr.

Jk
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 02:56:24 PM »
Decline of the USA Empire.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.