Author Topic: Cecil killed with a bow and arrow  (Read 8724 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cecil killed with a bow and arrow
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »
I would say we do, humans have been doing it since we decided to stand upright.

we have also been killing each other, but we don't have a right to it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2015, 11:21:20 PM »
What right does a shark have to eat a seal?

It's also too bad humans can't speak "Orca", or "Cat", or "Polar Bear", so we could ask THEM why they often play with their prey, hunt it, toss it around, pick it up and prance with it to show off, then just punt it someplace and not eat it.   Probably because it's fun, much the same reason many humans often hunt.

Regardless of how people feel about Simba being lured away from his reserve and killed, people who went to the dentist's yelp and facebook page, and posted fake reviews, as well as criminal posts uttering death threats by the hundreds and thousands, should all be prosecuted by the FBI to the fullest extent of the law.  The dozens of employees at that clinic had nothing to do with kitty getting killed, and even the hunter who did it - what does his medical practice have to do with his hunting?  Like Bustr said, the internet has become the greatest show on earth for those who think there is never repercussions.

This particular case would be a perfect example for the DA to start laying hundreds of charges under various "net" laws, against those who think their hate/threats/nonsense is protected because they jumped on the bandwagon of the latest cause celebre. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:38:55 PM by Gman »

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2015, 11:57:58 PM »
People who do not agree with what Walter Palmer has done have an equal right to voice their opinions legally. The alternative is complicit acceptance of what he's done. If what he did was wrong, then he should be prosecuted. If his patients feel they can no longer see him on moral grounds, that's their right as well. If you believe that "people should be spending their time protesting other things." then that same argument applies to everything you do. Under that same argument, you shouldn't be wasting time playing Aces High when you could spend your 15 bucks on something that really matters.  It's the same argument. You can't argue hypocrisy because, in part, if "people shouldn't be wasting their time on this one", then you, by extension, should not be "wasting your time" here.

The only opinion that matters in this case, is whether you think what he did was right or wrong.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2015, 02:41:17 AM »
^^ Don't disagree.  LEGALLY being the operative word in your point.  Uttering threats of violence, doxing the dentists personal information and that of his family/employees, these are all crimes, and hundreds of people have committed them just at Yelp and Facebook alone.  Making up false statements about poor dental service is fraudulent and bad enough, but direct threats of violence?  Sorry, that's beyond "equal right to voice opinions".  Same as it's his patients rights to not see him on moral grounds, it's his patients rights TO see him for the same, yet he's had to close shop due to the volume and level of threats made against him, his staff, his family, and even his patients who have tried to defend him on Yelp.  That isn't hypocrisy, claiming that all the illegal threats and activity as "an equal right" certainly is though.  I do agree that the age old "you shouldn't concern yourself with issue x or y, because 10,000 babies died of malnutrition or war today", isn't a valid argument on this issue or any other, but that's not what I said, or what I'm saying now.

Simply stated, uttering threats, posting personal information like addresses and contact information and recommending to others that they too contact and harass the target person/business/associates, then trying to excuse such behavior with a bunch of verbose theories regarding complicity, morals, rights, and hypocrisy, is lunacy. 

People have the right to voice their displeasure, in all the LEGAL ways afforded them by law in the USA and the rest of the free world.  It isn't "only opinion" that matters when some people choose to voice their opinion by making violent threats, and using lies/fraud to disrupt the business, which has nothing to do with the hunting issue whatsoever.  Those calling for the prosecution of the hunting dentist, being such strong proponents of justice as they claim,  should be calling for the prosecution as well of those threatening violence towards those associated with or defending the dentist too. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:57:48 AM by Gman »

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2015, 04:00:19 AM »
Attitudes about animals have changed a lot since I was a kid. When I was a kid people didn't desex their cats. Some of you guys over 35 can probably remember a time when if your cat had kittens and you couldn't give them away you put them a burlap sac and took them to the river.  Is that even legal to do in the US nowadays? In most countries it's probably still done that way.

I remember not long ago when some people from out of state moved in near my grandpa's place. As a gift they gave him a goat, he butchered it and being neighborly offered them some. They were horrified.

Them africans who trap monkeys for food think americans are stupid for freaking out about a human killing a lion. They're probably right. Africans do hate lions though. Some maasai tribesman reading the news about americans decrying the killing of a lion is probably thinking, "yeah well, you don't have to live with them".

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »

semp

Sure we do. Most of the people who are killed are killed legally.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2015, 09:43:18 AM »
^^ Don't disagree.  LEGALLY being the operative word in your point.  Uttering threats of violence, doxing the dentists personal information and that of his family/employees, these are all crimes, and hundreds of people have committed them just at Yelp and Facebook alone.  Making up false statements about poor dental service is fraudulent and bad enough, but direct threats of violence?  Sorry, that's beyond "equal right to voice opinions".  Same as it's his patients rights to not see him on moral grounds, it's his patients rights TO see him for the same, yet he's had to close shop due to the volume and level of threats made against him, his staff, his family, and even his patients who have tried to defend him on Yelp.  That isn't hypocrisy, claiming that all the illegal threats and activity as "an equal right" certainly is though.  I do agree that the age old "you shouldn't concern yourself with issue x or y, because 10,000 babies died of malnutrition or war today", isn't a valid argument on this issue or any other, but that's not what I said, or what I'm saying now.

Simply stated, uttering threats, posting personal information like addresses and contact information and recommending to others that they too contact and harass the target person/business/associates, then trying to excuse such behavior with a bunch of verbose theories regarding complicity, morals, rights, and hypocrisy, is lunacy. 

People have the right to voice their displeasure, in all the LEGAL ways afforded them by law in the USA and the rest of the free world.  It isn't "only opinion" that matters when some people choose to voice their opinion by making violent threats, and using lies/fraud to disrupt the business, which has nothing to do with the hunting issue whatsoever.  Those calling for the prosecution of the hunting dentist, being such strong proponents of justice as they claim,  should be calling for the prosecution as well of those threatening violence towards those associated with or defending the dentist too.

Maybe they are just playing with their prey..  I'm waiting for a wall of text on this one teeheee  p.s. i did swat a moth the other day and felt no remorse cuz he was in the house where he doesn't belong...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:39:36 AM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2015, 11:20:21 AM »

semp

One has nothing to do with the other. Hunting historically is for sustenance and protection, So I would say its a basic human right to be able to feed yourself and your kind and protect yourself.....Killing other humans (other than self defense) is historically out of anger / disagreement and consumption of / gaining raw materials and territory amongst other things. Your statement makes no sence related to the discussion, or his (FX1's) comment
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:22:04 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2015, 11:34:35 AM »
so you're saying killling another human is a right that we all have.. you've lost your mind mbailey
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »
so you're saying killling another human is a right that we all have.. you've lost your mind mbailey

If that's what you read into what I typed, you need to go back to school, or learn how to comprehend things. How you can even gather what you state above, out of what I said is beyond me........ :rolleyes:

I mean really.....read it again.....slowly, maybe you will get it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:53:34 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »
If lion meat tasted good, they would not be endangered.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »
King James had the bible rewritten because he saw the older Geneva as an invitation for subjects to justify sedition in the name of the almighty. Two very important meanings were changed.
-----------------------------
King James - judge not lest ye be judged.

From the Hebrew - condemn not lest ye be condemned.
King James - Thou shalt not kill.

From the Hebrew - Thou shalt not murder. 

So today we have a schizophrenic understanding of our natural rights in relationship to our Judeo Christian heritage.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
If lion meat tasted good, they would not be endangered.

Yeah, they would either be extinct or there would be tens of thousands of them on farms.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »
Well first I don't think african lions are endangered. Second, good luck domesticating lions.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2015, 09:11:54 PM »
One has nothing to do with the other. Hunting historically is for sustenance and protection, So I would say its a basic human right to be able to feed yourself and your kind and protect yourself.....Killing other humans (other than self defense) is historically out of anger / disagreement and consumption of / gaining raw materials and territory amongst other things. Your statement makes no sence related to the discussion, or his (FX1's) comment

what I am saying is we don't have a right to hunting any more than a right to fishing.   We are allowed to in some parts with some restrictions.

as an example, let's say I'm starving and so is my family,  cant find no job and I'm not gonna pillage and plunder.  so I kill my dog,  humanly,  cook it and eat it.

While in lots of countries nobody would care,  and I'm pretty sure historically speaking,  lots have killed their dogs and ate the going back thousands of years.

guess what happens if I do :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.