Author Topic: Night Time Operation  (Read 230 times)

Offline Cheyenn

• Zinc Member
      • virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
Night Time Operation
« on: July 29, 2015, 03:34:51 AM »
HiTech
As posted before:http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373889.0.html
I think maybe if you could program buttons for such things as Instrument Cockpit Panels, Navigational and Landing Lights would be helpful. Also maybe a dot command to turn on and off landing lights on air fields runways.
v97th Bomb Group (Heavy)

"VENIT HORA"
"THE HOUR HAS COME"

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
Re: Night Time Operation
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:10:25 AM »
It would be cool to simulate "calling the field" to light up the runway. I personally think the night can be great if there was a way to get a true illuminated reticule for our gun sights.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Night Time Operation
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
Use red sights and push the alpha slider all the way to the right.

Night sights were mostly to give you a way to gauge distance by having two known points to measure the wingspan of your target against the night sky. Or the exhaust fire of mutli engine aircraft.

Offline you can use the time command to turn your arena to night. ".time 4 0 1" will give you night time. In the sights folder look for gunsights with the letter "n" on the end of the name. Push the gunsight alpha slider all to way to the right in the gunsight selection window.

The Japanese had a night filter which gives you those idieot orangeish red reticle everyone thinks is the real gunsight. For most countries it was a white reticle for daytime operations.

I included night sights for these countries:
Germany
Japan
Italy
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.