Author Topic: New Gig  (Read 535 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
New Gig
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:53:15 PM »
Got an opportunity I've been working on for two months and yesterday closed the deal.  Decent raise + commission means if I perform like I have in the past I should be in pretty good shape by January.

If you need a light pole let me know :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Re: New Gig
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:48:54 AM »
You forgot to write what the new gig is.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 07:44:37 AM »

Sounds like he installs poles in strip clubs.  Pretty good job, WTG dude!

- oldman

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »

A local company that has a lot of experience in building pressure vessels for oil fields is looking to diversify.  My background is designing and selling light, utility, and telecommunication, structures.  We talked back and forth for a while and decided to take a shot. 

I got into the industry about 20 years ago and to make a long story short got hooked up with a gentleman who became not only my mentor but my best friend.  A few years later we took a company from bankrupt to 18 million in sales.  He and I had differing but complimentary skills and styles.  Sadly he passed away from pancreatic cancer.

I moved to another company who had been left high and dry in a relationship where they were the manufacturer and the other company did the sales.  It had been a profitable relationship for both but the owners of the sales company decided to cash in and retire. The new owners ran it into the ground in a year and a half.

I took what Mike had taught me and the skills that developed and built the manufacturer a sales arm that was doing 15 mil a year in 3 years. 

Stuff happened and I left the industry.

This new company wants to build parking lot, sports stadium, and so on lighting structures.  They're additionally interested in doing work on utility structures which is booming at the moment.  I have abilities in all those areas so they're giving me a shot. 

I'm stoked. 

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »
Good to hear Dicho, been a while my friend.

Now, get your backside back here, I cant be the only one flying into tree's, ground, buildings etc.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 09:51:56 PM »
building pressure vessels for oil fields

Well, that's OK.  Not the same as the strip club gig, but hey, you can work up to that.

Beware working with oil companies, they are not to be trusted.

- oldman

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 01:08:25 PM »
Good to hear Dicho, been a while my friend.

Now, get your backside back here, I cant be the only one flying into tree's, ground, buildings etc.

Wurz

someday soon I hope.  Good to see you brother

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 06:37:39 PM »
A local company that has a lot of experience in building pressure vessels for oil fields is looking to diversify.  My background is designing and selling light, utility, and telecommunication, structures.  We talked back and forth for a while and decided to take a shot. 

I got into the industry about 20 years ago and to make a long story short got hooked up with a gentleman who became not only my mentor but my best friend.  A few years later we took a company from bankrupt to 18 million in sales.  He and I had differing but complimentary skills and styles.  Sadly he passed away from pancreatic cancer.

I moved to another company who had been left high and dry in a relationship where they were the manufacturer and the other company did the sales.  It had been a profitable relationship for both but the owners of the sales company decided to cash in and retire. The new owners ran it into the ground in a year and a half.

I took what Mike had taught me and the skills that developed and built the manufacturer a sales arm that was doing 15 mil a year in 3 years. 

This new company wants to build parking lot, sports stadium, and so on lighting structures.  They're additionally interested in doing work on utility structures which is booming at the moment.  I have abilities in all those areas so they're giving me a shot. 

I'm stoked.

Pretty cool.  I'm a pressure vessel inspector. 
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 12:25:43 AM »

No.1 son going to Purdue in the fall, they call them Boilermakers, guess you will be inspecting his work  :D, WTG Dichotomy sounds like a good Gig, I need a Used lite pole for a wind generator do you know of the best place to look for one, will need to support approximately 60lbs, beats the old ugly 6x6 I have used as a test support in the past.
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 08:20:23 AM »
No.1 son going to Purdue in the fall, they call them Boilermakers, guess you will be inspecting his work  :D, WTG Dichotomy sounds like a good Gig, I need a Used lite pole for a wind generator do you know of the best place to look for one, will need to support approximately 60lbs, beats the old ugly 6x6 I have used as a test support in the past.

I can probably hunt one up.  I'll shoot you a DM. 

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 08:23:11 AM »

interesting work.  Has it slowed down a lot lately?

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 09:44:41 AM »

I'm stoked.

kick ass, take names.  you can do it!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »
Thanks Nat.  Did about 40 designs yesterday.  The new AASHTO code is kicking my keister :)