Author Topic: Porking. Needs to be changed.  (Read 21187 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Porking. Needs to be changed.
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »
Players voicing their dissatisfaction in game make the game less fun. It makes my point about attitude. The players that promote the attitude problem blame HTC for not catering to them.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »
Well this is one time I hve to disagree with you Semp...
(Image removed from quote.)

Would be sweet to get these.  Only way guns will work is if you come in on it's open side.  Just line the open side with more guns or have them facing towards the middle of the field.  Otherwise, bombs/rockets required. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2015, 06:35:51 PM »
As for why people are leaving the game, just listen to players in the arenas. They are vocal and have no qualms about voicing their dissatisfaction.

And if you do that, you will learn from it there's nothing but hackers around, almost everybody is cheating all the time, every plane but theirs is overmodeled, and only the other two chesspieces resort to lame tactics all the time.

That's the vocal population of AH. Yay.  :rolleyes:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »

The only thing wrong with porking is MORE PLAYERS NEED TO DO IT ! The best defense is a good offense. Base being horded ? sneak out or up from a close base and PORK the crap outta their base. They cant take your field without ords or troops.  Some of my best sorties started off as pork runs, and ended up with me landing 5-6 kills.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2015, 08:29:48 PM »
Players voicing their dissatisfaction in game make the game less fun. It makes my point about attitude. The players that promote the attitude problem blame HTC for not catering to them.

ahhh yes, twisting words and changing subjects, your MO. It is ok to agree with someone, or admit you made a mistake , or didn't understand the discussion. It really won't kill you you know.

And if you do that, you will learn from it there's nothing but hackers around, almost everybody is cheating all the time, every plane but theirs is overmodeled, and only the other two chesspieces resort to lame tactics all the time.

That's the vocal population of AH. Yay.  :rolleyes:

Agreed, but you can weed out the garbage it's still a sampling. I KNOW of a number of people who have quit and I KNOW why they quit because they have told me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »
ahhh yes, twisting words and changing subjects, your MO. It is ok to agree with someone, or admit you made a mistake , or didn't understand the discussion. It really won't kill you you know.

I didn't change the subject but it seems you just did.  :rofl

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 10:47:01 PM »
I didn't change the subject but it seems you just did.  :rofl

Its only a matter of time before stomps off trying to hide the tears while hurling school yard insults.
See Rule #4

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2015, 10:45:51 AM »
Totally agree, calling the ammo crate that any 0.303  can blow a bunker is completely DUMB.
One guy in a la7 can ruin fun for 200 players atm : best way to make players unlog after the old HQ system.... :mad:

So, just browsing the forums and seeing a complaint come up that I find very valid.

I've spent quite some time in the army, and whenever we needed heavy ordinance (read: most explosives) we had to make an appointment with the local ammo depot. which looked like this:

being able to use an LA-7 or worse any plane with only .50cals able to destroy these is a bit silly.  Can't we just make it so ammo bunkers require bombs?  Makes too much sense, I know but I'm just asking.  Or, is there a reason why one person in a single fighter can cripple a base?

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
You don't want to confuse good intentions with game play arguments. Players who strafe bunkers choose to do so. Removing that choice is a negative game play outcome. Hoping those same players will now choose something harder than bomb and auger is wishful thinking. Wishful thinking is not a compelling argument.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
The game play issue with porking ords is that there is realistically very little defense against it in the game. One, maybe two, passes in a cannon bird and a small field is porked and the bird is exiting at high speed to pork the next field.

If, as originally suggested, a bomb is required then there is a greater possibility of intercept and and achieving a mission kill by making the attacker jettison ords either before reaching the target or after the first drop. It would also require the pilot display a little bit of skill at dive bombing. This isn't a huge change in game balance, the same effects are achievable but more skill and determination required. This would just make it harder for a single individual to negatively effect the game play of many.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2015, 09:09:41 PM »
Takes off in a C202 to down ord bunkers.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »
The game play issue with porking ords is that there is realistically very little defense against it in the game. One, maybe two, passes in a cannon bird and a small field is porked and the bird is exiting at high speed to pork the next field.

If, as originally suggested, a bomb is required then there is a greater possibility of intercept and and achieving a mission kill by making the attacker jettison ords either before reaching the target or after the first drop. It would also require the pilot display a little bit of skill at dive bombing. This isn't a huge change in game balance, the same effects are achievable but more skill and determination required. This would just make it harder for a single individual to negatively effect the game play of many.

Instead of the game changing how about you just shoot the strafers down?  Does that require too much skill and determination?  :D

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2015, 10:31:36 PM »
Instead of the game changing how about you just shoot the strafers down?  Does that require too much skill and determination?  :D

d'oh, why didn't I think of that? Must be because I have a smidgen of intelligence.

Have you actually played this game in the late war main arena? What would you suggest is the proper tool for shooting down a 500mph strafer diving at the field from the dar ring? Must be one of those special planes trainers get that allow you to warp to an intercept point, turn on a dime without losing any energy, go supersonic to close, and then phaser them before they can complete their attack. All necessary components to shoot them down from a plane.

Ah ha, you never said a plane. Maybe you meant the 88 that might maybe just get a round or two off beforehand if it happened to be bearing somewhere near the correct direction when spawned into. Maybe the trusty 37mm field gun. They pivot fast, unfortunately, the con is already firing on the first bunker when they come into its range then flies between your rounds as it downs the second bunker.

But at least you recognize that we should be given a fair chance to stop ords porkers. Baby steps, one thought at a time.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:35:44 PM by doright »
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »
And when they bomb and auger what will the snarky one say?   :D

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2015, 11:33:37 PM »
Because it is totally possible to stop a 450 mph suicidal La7 from reaching the field and strafe the bunkers with the 3 cannons that it should not have (different topic).

And when they bomb and auger what will the snarky one say?   :D
If the carry bombs than they are slower and cannot kill multiple bunkers in one dive. They are more likely to miss and must come at a steeper angle which makes it easier to intercept them.

FLS, what you fail to understand is that no one is saying that ords should not get porked. The complaint is that similar to the HQ situation, a single player can do it and that unless you keep a constant defensive CAP and wait for him, there is little chance to defend against it.  Unlike the HQ, this is not a game breaker though.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs