Author Topic: White teenager shot in back  (Read 5990 times)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: White teenager shot in back
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 02:46:26 PM »
In....

And out...
 :airplane:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 03:35:54 PM »
Ferguson is a mess because you have one guy armed shooting another guy unarmed point made....  If Brown had at least a rock in his fist it would be a totally different story....
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »
Shooting a guy for running should be a crime. If that is relevant.

You come in my door, find me in the entry way, and tell me to stop. I run down the hallway. You probably want to shoot me, because unbeknownst to you, at the end of that hallway, is an arsenal that's going to RUIN your day. The same occurs on the streets. You don't know if they're running for their lives, or running to regroup or grab a better tool to fight.

Ferguson is a mess because you have one guy armed shooting another guy unarmed point made....  If Brown had at least a rock in his fist it would be a totally different story....

Well, at one point he had the cop's gun...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 04:42:35 PM »
The cluelessness of folks in this thread is beyond me.

Lets make this simple.

I have two sons.  My oldest is white, my youngest is black.   I have a photo of my oldest son in a hoody and jeans holding his favorite AK47 that he'd built.  Showing that picture to the average joe, the reaction would be "Gun enthusiast".

It occurred to me when I saw that picture that my youngest son, dressed the same and holding the same gun would be seen as a 'thug".

I asked my neighbor what he thought the reaction would be and he laughed and said the same thing. 

To suggest the life of a white teenage boy and a black teenage boy are the same is just not true.  Mine have been and are being raised in the same house, same rules, same expectations.  Regardless of this, my youngest son will face an entirely different world due to nothing more than the color of his skin.

Everyone here is capable of putting together sentences so you should be aware enough to recognize the truth in that.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »

Lets make this simple.

I have two sons.  My oldest is white, my youngest is black.   I have a photo of my oldest son in a hoody and jeans holding his favorite AK47 that he'd built.  Showing that picture to the average joe, the reaction would be "Gun enthusiast".

It occurred to me when I saw that picture that my youngest son, dressed the same and holding the same gun would be seen as a 'thug".

I asked my neighbor what he thought the reaction would be and he laughed and said the same thing. 

To suggest the life of a white teenage boy and a black teenage boy are the same is just not true.  Mine have been and are being raised in the same house, same rules, same expectations.  Regardless of this, my youngest son will face an entirely different world due to nothing more than the color of his skin.

Everyone here is capable of putting together sentences so you should be aware enough to recognize the truth in that.

Actually, I would counter that your oldest, dressed in a hoody and jeans (Without knowing his demeanor in the image, the weather, etc.) would be labeled a thug just as quickly. I would personally roll my eyes anyway.

That being said, when I still owned an AK, I liked to wear a suit and tie while shooting it, just to confuse people...

The problem with race in this nation isn't a question of actual racism. REAL racism is dieing out, fast, as the older generations die. Perceived racism does far more damage nowadays, in my experience anyway.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 05:10:18 PM »
I was an LEO for 7 years, I had guys driving cars at me repeatedly, I live in a country that doesn't routinely arm officers so I had to just get out of the way. I never felt the need to shoot anyone, getting out of the way of some eijit reversing a car at you isn't hard. It can't be, I am hardly an athlete and yet I have never struggled to not be run over.
My issue is; despite the fact that the scrote in this story probably needed shooting, and the sky is not short of stars for his passing, there was no outcry about his killing, no "every life is important" diatribe, nobody really cares. I certainly don't. One less lawbreakers recidivist benefit claimant in the world. Nevertheless l, the fact that there has not been an outcry and.rioting is simply because the guy was white.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »

Lets make this simple.

so true guppy.  my ex girlfriend was white, we were treated different in some places when they didnt know we were together.  not all the time, but sometimes.  a few times, we would go into a restaurant and while I was parking the car she would go in and be seated right away, then I would go in and asked to wait  before I even would open my mouth.  doesnt happen often but it does.  people are stupid everywhere.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »
Actually, I would counter that your oldest, dressed in a hoody and jeans (Without knowing his demeanor in the image, the weather, etc.) would be labeled a thug just as quickly. I would personally roll my eyes anyway.

That being said, when I still owned an AK, I liked to wear a suit and tie while shooting it, just to confuse people...

The problem with race in this nation isn't a question of actual racism. REAL racism is dieing out, fast, as the older generations die. Perceived racism does far more damage nowadays, in my experience anyway.

I would have agreed with you right until Matthew came into our lives. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 05:52:24 AM »
Regardless of this, my youngest son will face an entirely different world due to nothing more than the color of his skin.
...that, and the AK47 that he is holding...
My reaction to a white American with an assault rifle would be "fascist" - each has his own prejudice and fears I guess.

Put your black son in a suit. Do people think "president"?
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 05:59:42 AM »
so true guppy.  my ex girlfriend was white, we were treated different in some places when they didnt know we were together.  not all the time, but sometimes.  a few times, we would go into a restaurant and while I was parking the car she would go in and be seated right away, then I would go in and asked to wait  before I even would open my mouth.  doesnt happen often but it does.  people are stupid everywhere.

semp

Weird... I've always pictured you as white for some reason.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 07:30:25 AM »

semp

The USA is obssessed with such things.

In Britain we dont care as long as you are not loud or like France.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »
I would have agreed with you right until Matthew came into our lives.

You are seeing things from a white perspective.  Go to a place where your color is in the minority and tell me you aren't looked at differently.

Never seen a thug with an AK.  If it's a moron holding the gun sideways, then it's a thug (or wanna be) - regardless of color.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »
You come in my door, find me in the entry way, and tell me to stop. I run down the hallway. You probably want to shoot me, because unbeknownst to you, at the end of that hallway, is an arsenal that's going to RUIN your day. The same occurs on the streets. You don't know if they're running for their lives, or running to regroup or grab a better tool to fight.

Well, at one point he had the cop's gun...

That was the point of my post... who's to say you couldn't mash this cops face with your fists.. he did it at the store, he did during the first struggle... and he was probably going to do it again
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 11:10:26 AM »
I doubt very many of you, if any, know exactly how bad these cities have become.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"