Author Topic: Bomber issues  (Read 242 times)

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
Bomber issues
« on: August 08, 2015, 02:45:52 AM »
Bomb Sight as observed in two bombers tried, the B29 and the Lancaster.

The first observation may be planned as such, but here it is:

1. On entering the bombardier position the scope cross hairs are not seen until you press the Z key, (Zoom). And if you are zoomed all the way out, you need to press the “zoom in" key a couple of times before the scope shroud and cross hairs appear.

2. The zoom in and out in the bomb sight scope is not smooth, but quite jerky. Especially noticed around the scope shroud edges.

Also, see the attached screen shot of the instrument panel in the Lancaster. Notice the two gauges floating out there in front of the instrument panel.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bomber issues
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 03:34:00 AM »
I did see the two gauges floating out there in front of the instrument panel in the Lancaster.
I'm not doubting Smoke44's report, but I didn't have the same problem in the bombsight.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »
Further testing with this shows that if you are using the Field of View setting of 96 and below, the bomb sight appears as it should. If you use settings above that, such as 100, the issue as described above shows up.

But the jerky motion issue is still there regardless of setting. It appears that when you zoom in, the black scope shroud edge grows about 1/8" momentarily and then goes back to normal size. Zooming out has the opposite affect, the shroud edge shrinks about 1/8", hence the jerky affect.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 10:03:31 AM »

Also, see the attached screen shot of the instrument panel in the Lancaster. Notice the two gauges floating out there in front of the instrument panel.

these gauges? I think they were supposed to be that way. :) As far as the bombsights, I believe I know whats causing that problem.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:05:04 AM by Waffle »

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »
OOops, my bad. Thx Waffle.   

Wondered why no one had caught something like that by this time.    :banana: